Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2020, 11:01 PM   #76

Thanks. I think it would be worth trying.
2016 CB300F
2017 Harley street 750

Old 05-27-2020, 01:10 AM   #77

The state opened dispersed camping and the nearby OHV areas, so I got to do some camping and riding and test the swing arm out over the weekend.

I'm really pleased with this part. It definitely felt a lot stiffer in the rear (some of that may have been due to the disintegrated rubber in my original swing arm bushing). I'm tall and I really liked the extra ride height also, but I still need to find a new rear shock. The one I tried to order off ebay was sold out. I'll probably do a good adjustable shock now and spacer to get the seat height.

Thank you Peace Motorsports for putting this awesome kit together!

Old 05-27-2020, 05:07 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptypockets View Post
The state opened dispersed camping and the nearby OHV areas, so I got to do some camping and riding and test the swing arm out over the weekend.

I'm really pleased with this part. It definitely felt a lot stiffer in the rear (some of that may have been due to the disintegrated rubber in my original swing arm bushing). I'm tall and I really liked the extra ride height also, but I still need to find a new rear shock. The one I tried to order off ebay was sold out. I'll probably do a good adjustable shock now and spacer to get the seat height.

Thank you Peace Motorsports for putting this awesome kit together!
Funny to think that this all started because I couldn't resist ordering one just to see if it would fit. I really appreciate Jeffery for taking the initiative to offer something that other people obviously wanted, because they could have just as easily just sent me what I ordered and showed no interest in our community. The Brozz Blue Eagle and Recon are literally direct results of what people on this forum wanted. They are damn good bikes too. Now if they would just offer them with an 18 and 21 inch wheel option.

That added feeling of rigidity isn't entirely all because of your old bushings being shot (though probably a big part of it lol). I noticed the same thing when I went on my first ride. It's a subtle thing, but the rear end just feels a little bit more confident.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 10-14-2020, 10:33 AM   #79

Ordered the Brozz swingarm kit the other day... I plan to drill a new shock mounting hole below the existing one to try to maintain my ride height, then weld a supporting plate over top of both previous holes just to ensure structural strength.

I also plan to finish welding in the box of the swingarm in front of the adjusters, except for the bottom, as Dan had mentioned in his video overview.

I was hoping this would be the last mod and upgrade period... but now Joe Henner has mid to top end focused camshafts available. Oy.. not sure I need one though. Engine pulls strong as it is.

Old 11-19-2020, 12:47 PM   #80

I ordered some stuff from Peace and figured I'd get the swingarm upgrade because i keep finding pics of bent swingarms and frankly I sometimes get some air on the trails.
Anyhoo, my question is shock length. Since my tbr7 already used a short 300mm spring, will it still raise the rear?
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"

Old 12-03-2020, 03:31 AM   #81

A little info for tbr7 folks doing the swingarm swap.

Due to the location of the shock mount being higher on the Brozz swingarm it will raise the rear of the bike even with our "short 300mm" shocks.

Also, buy the rear brake caliper assembly for the brozz. Then use the Tbr7 master cylinder and connect it to the brozz braided brake line and everything lines up. I think Jeff at Peace sells the entire rear brake assembly for like 45bux.

Also, I would like to take a minute and give props to Jeff at Peace, he ships via FedEx right away and I've ordered from him twice and they arrive here in 2 business days. Great place to deal with.
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250

Old 12-03-2020, 06:17 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxTaoRider View Post

Due to the location of the shock mount being higher on the Brozz swingarm it will raise the rear of the bike even with our "short 300mm" shocks.

Also, buy the rear brake caliper assembly for the brozz. Then use the Tbr7 master cylinder and connect it to the brozz braided brake line and everything lines up. I think Jeff at Peace sells the entire rear brake assembly for like 45bux.

Also, I would like to take a minute and give props to Jeff at Peace, he ships via FedEx right away and I've ordered from him twice and they arrive here in 2 business days. Great place to deal with.
Great info for the TBR7 guys to have. Nice work.

Also, I agree, Jeff is pretty amazing with getting those parts shipped out, and Peace is a great company to work with.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 12-06-2020, 06:19 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxTaoRider View Post

I want to add something I recently discovered that may help a tbr7 owner with this... Bend the passenger foot peg guards out a little or they'll rub on the swing arm and mess up the silver paint....
2009 Q-link Legacy 250

Old 02-14-2021, 05:46 PM   #84

the shop.brozz250 site has been showing the swingarm kit not in stock for some time now.

I have been looking at maybe getting an older honda swing arm from flea-bay and modifying to a "pro-link" suspension.

any input on the width and diameter of the Hawk/ brozz/ tbr swing arm pivot pont bolt would help to pick a possible donner bike to scavenge parts from.

Old 02-24-2021, 02:35 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmazak View Post
the shop.brozz250 site has been showing the swingarm kit not in stock for some time now.

I have been looking at maybe getting an older honda swing arm from flea-bay and modifying to a "pro-link" suspension.

any input on the width and diameter of the Hawk/ brozz/ tbr swing arm pivot pont bolt would help to pick a possible donner bike to scavenge parts from.
Have you made any progress on this idea? I was thinking the same thing while reading this thread.

Has anyone found a bolt on honda swing arm?

Old 02-24-2021, 05:08 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by L00N View Post
Have you made any progress on this idea? I was thinking the same thing while reading this thread.

Has anyone found a bolt on honda swing arm?
Not yet. My bike is still not delivered.

But there is a thread here , or was it a youtube video. (I'll look). Ant someone added a lowering link. This welded on link is what would be needed to use a honda pro-link swing arm

Old 06-10-2021, 08:22 AM   #87

Can anyone tell me the thread size and length of the two adjuster bolts for the Brozz swing arm?