Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2016, 10:52 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
You got a smokin' deal. One of the reasons I went with CB's is because on CL, people usually want a ton of $$$ for 10 year old junk. Nice find!
How true... When I started to get back into riding after being sticker shocked and the Honda dealership I posted a CL add saying that I would pay the mid point between KBB trade in and retail on a used Enduro (CRF, KLX, XT or DR) and I had cash in hand.... not one call.

There were one year old bikes asking more than new (sale price).

I got a HAWK with a group order with Motocheez for $1,200 and I couldn't be happier. Does everything I need it to and it is less than what most folks spend on their cell phone bill for a year. I'm super cheap, I have a tracfone, folks who work for me call in my Obama Phone I would like to retire not having to eat Alpo.

Old 10-06-2016, 01:24 AM   #77

I agree with Culcune about the area of the country that you live in determines the price you pay. Areas such as the southwest, CALF, AZ. are the most expensive places in the country to buy motorcycles. Whereas the midwest and east coast are the cheapest. The power sports dealers in the midwest have four selling seasons,bikes, atvs,snowmobiles,jet skis but the areas where you can ride almost all year don't have to move out their inventory like the seasonal shops do. I grew up in MN. where bikes are cheap in the off season and expensive in peak season. When i retired here in NM.i was shocked at the asking prices for new bikes. The Yamaha xt250 that i bought used cost me $2600, not cheap but a good deal compared to new.The list price for a 2016 is $5200,the best quote i received was $6320 out the door.WTF? The same bike was selling new in MN. for about $4300. Well i wasn't in the mood for a road trip so i bought the used one. I've purchased about 14 new bikes in my life and i've never paid anywhere near list price,on average i would guess about 10% to 25% off. People here in the southwest are just paying way too much when new and than ask way too much when its time to sell. I've talked to many biker types around here and everybody says they paid over list price for just about any model. As for Craig's List there's deals out there and you need to be patient have the cash ready when something pops up. I admit i was lucky finding this Yamaha, but recently me and my neighbor drove 110 miles to pick up a 2004 Honda Reflex 250 with less than 500 miles. We got it for $1600 cash. This was a $6000 bike when new. It was the top of the line with ABS and almost perfect The only problem was a dirty carb because it sat unused for several years but that was a easy fix. For you guys searching for inexpensive bikes keep looking you just never know whats going to turn up. One more thing. I'm still going to buy a China Bike for a winter project.Thats why i've been lurking around here. Good luck.