Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2011, 11:32 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamM
Thanks FastDoc!

I'll start a new thread shortly on the KLXSF. The KLX250 has been on my mind for awhile and I'll admit that your thread got me thinking about it again. That's why I posted here. It's all your fault. My KLR is away getting a new Versys engine conversion and I'm currently bikeless. This is the perfect little bike for me to commute to work on. This one was a deal, so I decided to jump on it. I only paid $3395 for it. The KLX will compliment my KLR nicely. It's nice to have 2 bikes and to always have a backup bike, if one goes down. Now I have to sell my Zongshen and my daughter's TT-R125E.

By the way, my wife says... THANKS! :wink: Just kidding!

SamM
My apologies to your wife.... 8)

A Versys conversion to a KLR? Now that's something interesting I've never heard of before . I rode a SV650S tonight (Ron's son Nathan's) with a similar motor and that bike flat lout kicks a$$! A 650 nowadays has the HP (if not the torque) of my GS1100 which was my first bike. I can't imagine a KLR with that motor. I don't know if it would fly off the road in the process, but I bet it would do 130!

You stole the KLX. I got a great deal on mine and paid $900 more than you, OTD. I could have gotten a supermoto about $500 kess, but even so you exceeded that deal by $400. Amazing!

Just remember we are still allowed to stay even Chinabike-less...

I at least have the Lifan/XR Dirt Rat.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:48 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
...Just remember we are still allowed to stay even Chinabike-less...

We love having everyone join us, regardless whether they have ever owned a Chinabike, or not! This is the reason we have an Other Stuff forum. We especially value the long-term members of these forums who have contributed so much to our knowledge, and our pleasure.

Thank you for all the great reports on your KLX250S, Doc! We would certainly love to have you start a new thread on your KLX250SF, Sam!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-22-2011, 05:19 PM   #63

Quote:
You're killin' me Sam! I bet you can't have that bike one week before taking a wrench to it. It'll be a different machine when you're through. 8)

Congrats on the new bike.
Weldandgrind,
You sound just like all my other buddies. I think they're taking bets on how long it takes for me to take it completely apart. Seriously, I'm just going to ride it! No really!

Quote:
My apologies to your wife.... 8)

A Versys conversion to a KLR? Now that's something interesting I've never heard of before . I rode a SV650S tonight (Ron's son Nathan's) with a similar motor and that bike flat lout kicks a$$! A 650 nowadays has the HP (if not the torque) of my GS1100 which was my first bike. I can't imagine a KLR with that motor. I don't know if it would fly off the road in the process, but I bet it would do 130!

You stole the KLX. I got a great deal on mine and paid $900 more than you, OTD. I could have gotten a supermoto about $500 kess, but even so you exceeded that deal by $400. Amazing!

Just remember we are still allowed to stay even Chinabike-less...

I'm not pioneering anything with the KLRE650. It's been done before. I'll update my KLR thread with updates on the KLRE as it comes together.

The KLX was a great deal. I couldn't really pass on it. The bike was a steal. It was $3564 OTD.

My Zongshen is still sitting in my garage. I think I'm going to finally put it up for sale. I also have a Yamaha TT-R125E that I plan to sell off.

SamM
2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E
1979 Yamaha XS650 Special II