Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 01:02 PM   #61

Well, we are finally getting our snow. Not much yoday, just a dusting. I am suprised that they didn't close the schools though. Usually just a rumor of snow is enough down here to close schools.
My bike is still at the dealers, he just called me on the phone, said the DMV guys were supposed to come out today. I got a copy of my MCO, says dirtbike, I hope it will register through DMV.

Old 01-18-2007, 05:19 PM   #62

The dealer called me, DMV guys had come by and signed off on my bike passing inspection. Took the paperwork by the tag place and they said they would issue a tag when I brought back proof of insurance! Hopefully tomorow I will have a tag. Then I need to go get a motorcycle endorsement on my license. Had one but let it lapse years ago.

Old 01-18-2007, 06:31 PM   #63

Congrats!!! Let's RIDE!!!

Old 01-18-2007, 08:58 PM   #64

I'm ready!
BTW, I go to a shooting match in the NC mountains. One of the participants is alleged to have keys to miles of private trails. I will go out there (snow permitting) this weekend amd find out more. If what I heard is true, interested in a trip to NC?

Old 01-18-2007, 09:05 PM   #65

That would be just down the street; well ok, a 4-5 hour haul but that isn't all THAT far.

Hope you find some good trails. What kind of shooting do you do? I've been known to miss some sporting clays and silohettes a time or two myself.

Old 01-18-2007, 09:26 PM   #66

Cowboy Action Shooting mostly. Like skeet too, havn't tried sporting clays.

Old 01-18-2007, 09:40 PM   #67

Tank Vision Motorcycles

Good luck, dude. Let us know how everything goes..

Old 01-19-2007, 01:56 PM   #68

My Tank Trail 200 is now officially tagged and registered!

Old 01-19-2007, 06:15 PM   #69

Send a message via MSN to dlunt
Doesn't that feel great finally getting it all titled and registered!
It took me almost 2 months last spring with the Lifan.
And the Suzuki that I bought last month from an individual took almost a month to get the title. His bank sent it to the wrong address and with 2 holidays it took them forever to get it back. Just got it done last week.
(I think I have paperwork curse :wink: )

I missed all of the unusually warm days at the end of December. Now it's turned winter. Oh well, supposed to be sunny but cold Saturday. I am layering up and going riding!

Have fun on the new bike!

Old 01-19-2007, 06:54 PM   #70

Tank motorcycles

Cool, dude. Now you can hit the roads. Let us know how it handles at higher speeds.

Old 01-19-2007, 09:47 PM   #71

Still keeping it at 60Kms for break in. Only have 150kms total on it. It has developed a nasty vibration from the light speedp area. I adjusted the headlight up and think it may be vibrating against the fairing.
Did a cold 105 road Kms tonight just because I could. Can't wait till a few more days of warmer weather.

Old 01-19-2007, 11:16 PM   #72

Tank motorcycles

Cool. Must be nice getting out on the road. Warm weather in a few days? Man, you're lucky!

Old 01-24-2007, 06:34 PM   #73

Re: Tank Vision Motorcycles

Quote:
Originally Posted by olds_cool
It will hang with any 250cc, although it's really a 234cc Honda Rebel engine.
I hadn't read this thread before. I was looking through the gallery and noticed your pictures. Very nice looking bike. It made me do a search and find this thread.

By your comment above, I assume you haven't went up against a Ninja 250 at a stoplight as of writing this. (They will eat Rebels for breakfast and ask for more. :wink: )

I used to have a Ninja 250. Great bike for the size and money. I had to sell it cause my old elbows and wrists didn't like the forward lean.
I think I liked it so much because of the very high redline. It wound out like a 2-stroke. I am rambling again...sorry.

Anyway my point is:
Your Tank looks similar. I like it. I bet you are going to have LOT's of fun.
I would like to hear if you ever hook up with some Ninja 250's just for comparison.
How's it do in the corners? Surprised any heavy sport bikes yet?

Old 01-24-2007, 07:40 PM   #74

Tank Vision Motorcycles

Thanks. Well, I haven'to seen many Ninjette's lately. I really don't care about going up against them. Were talking a huge HP difference, so I wouldn't even try to hang with them. This is my commuter(when it warms up here in CO.) and that's pretty much all it's for. I've kept up with HOG's (because they are heavy and slow). Acceleration is pretty good, handles corners well, excellent gas mileage (which is the main reason I wanted a 250). I'm working on building a chopper for summer cruising, so that will be my "big" bike. When the warranty runs out on my Tank, I may go with one of Honda's "racing 250's" that can put out 27-45HP. Yeah, I'm gonna give up mpg, but how cool would it be to have "only a 250" with 45HP?

Old 01-25-2007, 08:47 PM   #75

Light weight 45hp 250...very cool! 8)
I want to hear more about that project!

Just went to CO for the first time last summer. Stayed at a cabin a few miles past BlackHawk. Beautiful place! Didn't have the bikes with us and all that good riding country, it was just killing me.
Hope your weather warms up to riding temp soon!
Winter has finally hit Indiana, snow on the ground and 20 degrees at night. It is hard to believe that just a month ago we were still having near 50 degree days.