Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2010, 01:10 AM   #61

Best wishes Brian, I lost my father when i was fifteen...I know how it feels and it sucks. But eventually life does move on.

Old 07-04-2010, 02:24 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillR
Thoughts and prayers for both Brian and Phil.
It's always sad to lose family and friends.
Just remember that you have a "family" here to talk things over with.
Bill
Amen!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 07-04-2010, 05:34 AM   #63

Sorry to hear the sad news Brian

Old 07-12-2010, 11:45 PM   #64

phil

hi I am Phil's wife Pam. I would like to thank all you for all the thoughts and prayers you have sent our way. Phillip loved to sit and talk with you all everyday. He is greatly missed. our son just turned 9 on Saturday he and Phil were like two peas of a pod.Once again thanks for all the nice and thoughtful comments.
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 07-13-2010, 12:02 AM   #65

Phil was a good man, we miss him too. Please accept my heartfelt condolences. Take care.

Sincerely,
Stew

Old 07-13-2010, 12:03 AM   #66

Pam.

We are SO SORRY for your loss. We really are all friends here, and Phil will be missed. He was smart, funny, and insightful. He even offered to give me redneck lessons in return for moving my medical practice to Virginia. He was a great guy.

May I asked what happened? Pulmonary embolus?

He was young, my age for crying out loud. We are all still in shock.

Not as much shock as when I saw 'Phil' replied to this thread. I thought for a second I'd been raptured Home and didn't notice the trumpets!

I do look forward to going for a ride with him someday though.

You have all of our condolences and thanks for checking in with us.

Bill

Old 07-13-2010, 12:47 AM   #67

Dear Pam,

Please know that I remember you, and your family, in my prayers all the time. I wish to offer you my most sincere condolences. As with many others on these forums, I considered Phil a friend, and I miss him very much. He was a decent, honest man, and I always enjoyed reading his posts. I am consoled by the fact he had a personal relationship with God, through the Lord Jesus Christ. I expect to see him in heaven. May God bless you, and your son in this time of deep personal loss.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 07-13-2010, 02:33 AM   #68

Words fail me Pam, Keep Your chin up...Best wishes for You all.

Old 07-13-2010, 12:17 PM   #69

Pam, thanks for taking the time to say hello.

Phil was a gentleman; he was even trying to help fellow members while he was ill. I miss him.

Please tell your son that Phil was well liked and respected around here. Please also wish your son a happy belated birthday for us.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-13-2010, 09:55 PM   #70

phil

Pam , I can't say anything more ,that hasn't already been said.Only to say we loved phil and if we had lived close to you ,we would all be hanging out in phil's garage every night till you kicked us out!

Old 07-14-2010, 12:08 AM   #71

Pam, even though I only had a few direct conversation with him on this website over the last couple years, words can't describe how I feel toward the sudden loss of Phil and how I can only imagine what you and your son are going thru. For what it's worth......... I work in and around trees from time to time and it's a dangerous profession. Matter of fact, just two years ago I found this website while sitting in the hospital from a tree accident. The same type of accident that claimed the life of a fellow worker 6 months earlier. On the days that I know I'm going to do a tree that scares me, I always remind my 8 year old son that he is a part of me, and if something ever happens to me, that I live thru him. He is what keeps me alive, even after I pass on, and likewise his children is what will make him live on after he passes, and so on and so on, until the chain is broken and we are all in heaven. I don't know what your religion or beliefs our but that is what gives me and I think my son some reassurance towards life both on earth and in heaven. Anyway, take care and if you or your son ever need to talk, please don't hesitate to PM me. Again, take care, tell your son to stand strong, and please don't be sad..... I don't think Phil would want you guys to be sad, but instead live your lives to the fullest. Adam.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:52 PM   #72

I can understand why Phillip enjoyed talking to you all. You are great people. i would like to answer the doctors question. Phillip had his thyroid surgery and they removed a tumor the size of a grapefruit from his neck. He was doing great and almost had filled up a 5 subject notebook talking and asking questions. He got a staph infection in his blood about a week later and they said it went to his heart and he died from a heart attack. I am still waiting results from the autopsy and death certificate. We thought things were going to be ok. He would have had a long road and had to have taken 7 to 8 weeks worth of radiation but, God had other plans for him. not sure if he told you or not but he had gotten saved on June 6th and he had wittness to everyone he could before he went back to the hospital. His brother got saved at his garage on the 8th. if you get a chance pull up utube and play the song Me and Old King James by the Wisecarvers Phillip liked this song alot. thanks, Phil's wife Pam
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 07-15-2010, 01:41 AM   #73

Pam,

I am so very happy Phil accepted Jesus Christ as Lord before he passed away. I look forward to meeting my Brother Phil in heaven. Phil was a kind, honest gentleman, and we miss him very much on these forums. Phil shared the Wisecarver's song with us; I also enjoy that song very much.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 07-15-2010, 08:31 AM   #74

Phil seemed like a very good man and i enjoyed the chance to meet him even if it was only online. sorry for your loss.

shawn

Old 07-15-2010, 11:38 AM   #75

We knew Phil was a Believer, I just didn't know for how long. We did (do) refer to him as Brother Phil around here.

Thanks for taking the time to tell me/us about the staph infection. what a catastrophe! I bet his doctors are devistated too.