Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2011, 04:38 AM   #61

its cool man i understand jetting can be a pita.. but before you give up, you are trying to tune for winter climate, come summer time tho. you will have to rejet again for the hotter weather.

so maybe set the carb down and walk away from it for a few days. then come back and return the carb to the stock settings and focus on the first step of getting it to idle. once you get it to idle you move onto tuning for each part of the carb int he order they come when you move the throttle lever.

i have a lot of threads all through out the atv forum about jetting before i did it the first time. do a search limited to the atv forum and using key words like carb, jetting, carb jetting..

Old 01-09-2011, 04:12 PM   #62

Ok will try that...I just notice that my factory intake doesnt match up perfectly there is like a tiny gap where the carb and intake come together ...it looks like it could be suckin a little air threw there could this be a problem ....I am going to post pics of what im talkin about here in a few hours

Old 01-09-2011, 04:44 PM   #63

oh ya buddy that would cause a huge problem..

when i first got my quad i was missing that rubber o ring that goes between the carb and the intake pipe.. it would refuse to idle, die the second i let off the throttle, and the engine ran at a extremely high rpm consistantly. i would have to start it, and then start letting out the clutch asap. then hold the gas when i wanted to slow down other wise the motor would die out. i had to always coast to a stop with a dead engine cuz it would die on its own, or push through the brakes when i was squeezing the crap out of the front brake lever..

Old 01-09-2011, 06:12 PM   #64

heres some pics of my intake

Old 01-09-2011, 06:23 PM   #65

im willing to put money on that is causing a slight problem.. you can seal it up with black gasket maker ( black rtv) but make sure it give it plenty of time to set and harden.. then once you get the quad running good and you dont need to remove the carb. you could go back and seal it up with jb weld..

but the correct thing to do would be to figure out which peice is fubered up and replace it. so if the intake pipe is jacked up and causing that gap then order a new one. if its the carb and its new enough you could try and get it swapped out. but you might have to order a new one..

any kind of air being sucked in past the carb is gong to cause a extremely lean condition. it means that your jetting might be spot on but there is extra air being sucked in at a unmetered rated AFTER the fuel has been added..

Old 01-09-2011, 07:47 PM   #66

well i just put the100 main jet in and took the 110 out and left the 25 pilot in and it seems a whole lot better...Now it only sputters (cuts out) from about 3/4 throttle up to full...im gonna try to post a video of what it sounds like

Old 01-09-2011, 08:03 PM   #67

3/4 to full throttle is the main jet's range of operation..

http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...wtopic&t=10416

check out this thread i made, click the link and really read and study the information on that page to better understand a carb and where all the different jets and adjustments can be made.. just this time around with the carb and rejetting, take it slow. work on one thing at a time, once you swap the carb back on, focus on getting to start, then idle, then move to the next jet in the order of operation according to the link ive posted.. i think its either the needle or the pilot jet.. then after you change something test it out, if you change the 1/4 -3/4 throttle range then test that range out. if you have worked youre way down the list then the quad should run good from idle to 1/4, then if the jetting is good for 1/4 - 3/4 range then it will run good and its time to move onto the main jet..

its a pita the first time around but once you do it one time it becomes like riding a bike.[

Old 01-09-2011, 08:46 PM   #68

Take a look here:

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...r=asc&start=45

You'll see that all Beasts have a mismatch between the intake tube and the carb. It sounds like you're on the right track and that you're close to solving your jetting challenge.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-09-2011, 09:28 PM   #69

Thanks a bunch guys i am gonna read over all the info that you have provided and start back in on it tomorrow

Old 01-09-2011, 09:36 PM   #70

Heres the link to the video where you can here what it sounds like

PS ..i know its not the CDI i dont know why i said that in the video

http://www.youtube.com/user/geo8778

Old 01-09-2011, 10:13 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Take a look here:

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...r=asc&start=45

You'll see that all Beasts have a mismatch between the intake tube and the carb. It sounds like you're on the right track and that you're close to solving your jetting challenge.
ya mine has that same mismatch, but in the pictures his looked like it was more of a mismatch.. on mine you dont see the rubber oring gasket. in the pctures he posted i thought it looked like it was showing the oring..

Old 01-09-2011, 10:37 PM   #72

yeah the edge of the o-ring does show a tiny bit .......man i hope i can get this right tomorrow weather man said we are gonna get 6-10 inches of snow tuesday....SWEET

Old 01-10-2011, 06:04 AM   #73

WOW that doesnt match up at all.

I think I'd just cut a plate of 1/8 or 3/16" to go between them and make a gasket with some sealer on it.Find slighly longer bolts and it should be good to go.

Drilling the 1" or so hole in the middle is easy with a metal cutting 1" hole saw.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:13 AM   #74

As referenced in http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...r=asc&start=45 , the insulator is missing.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-10-2011, 02:55 PM   #75

bout to put my stock carb back on so i can ride in the snow....does anyone know if my CDI will still be affective with the stock carb on