Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2014, 06:48 PM   #61

Let's talk about Shocks

The left front shock bottoms out. The back shock is rusted. Here at some point after I get this running I would like to replace them. From bolt hole to bolt hole they measure 13" and the back shock measures 11" from hole to hole. I'm not finding these measurements when I search places for shocks.

I'll include a pic of both front and back if that'll help get them replaced.

Thanks!!
Jim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shocks front and rear.jpg (44.3 KB, 82 views)

2007 Shineray Speedee 150, 1P57QMJ: Needs: starter rewired, exhaust connected, cleaned up, ignition switch simplified, new seat and lights, new front and back racks.

There's no such thing as a free puppy or motorcycle. I think I have caught the fever from y'all.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:10 PM   #62

My guess is that you can get the bearing from a local bearing supply. You might need a press to get it out.

I would look at yamaha blaster shocks.

Not sure if the length is right.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-BLAST...775e20&vxp=mtr

Old 08-27-2014, 01:15 AM   #63

Ah, I get it now. Your sprocket mounts to a planetary reverse mechanism, like the buggies. I recommend that you check buggy sites for replacement options. Perhaps Kato can guide you, since he has a GY6 buggy.

A hydraulic press would be best for the bearing, but you can remove the mount, place it over some blocks of wood and pound the bearing out. Try to use something that matches the bearing OD to pound the old one out and the new one in. Yes, that's a good number for ordering. if you have a choice, get a Japanese bearing, like NTN.

I'm really enjoying following your progress, Jim.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-27-2014, 01:18 AM   #64

Blaster shocks might be a good choice. I used Yamaha Raptor shocks on my Beast, but I had to weld new mounts to make it happen. IIRC, early '80's XR200 (not the R version) bikes had a 13" shock, which would work nicely on your quad. The rear shouldn't be hard to match on eBay or Taobao. For that matter, you should be able to find new front shocks on Taobao. Perhaps Mr. Humanbeing can point to some.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-27-2014, 02:53 AM   #65

Bearing 6203...
6 = type , in this case deep groove ball race..
2 = bearing OD.. Also comes in 3 , 4...
03 = bearing ID.. "17mm.."
RS = rubber seals...

So just go ask for a 6203..

01 = 12mm
02 = 15mm
03 = 17mm
04 = 20mm
05 = 25mm
06 = 30mm
and so on...
77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 08-27-2014, 10:23 AM   #66

Excellent bearing info. For this application, I recommend the RS suffix.

Old 08-27-2014, 04:13 PM   #67

Bearings ordered

2 Bearings on the way, 1 used now, 1 'in stock'.

Thanks Pete for the good info too, it is always interesting to know why the product numbers are why they are (I studied production management and inventory control in college) so as a numbers nerd it is interesting to me.

Heh, on the bearing: I have read in several places to a. pound it out, b. press it out or c. gently tap it out. I guess I'll be trying those out in some sort of succession.

I'll be back! Sheesh something has to be nearing being fixed that I can take pictures of??!!
Jim

2007 Shineray Speedee 150, 1P57QMJ: Needs: starter rewired, exhaust connected, cleaned up, ignition switch simplified, new seat and lights, new front and back racks.

There's no such thing as a free puppy or motorcycle. I think I have caught the fever from y'all.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:33 PM   #68

I have been looking around, but have not found a sprocket that matches yours.

Old 08-28-2014, 12:13 AM   #69

Me either, it's strange that this is an unusual thing. I would think this is a standard part. Very baffling.

Old 08-28-2014, 07:48 AM   #70

The buggies don't have that bearing support on them. The make be the difference. Maybe I need to search GY6 150cc ATV sprocket.

Old 08-28-2014, 11:17 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankme View Post
Heh, on the bearing: I have read in several places to a. pound it out, b. press it out or c. gently tap it out. I guess I'll be trying those out in some sort of succession.
My 12 ton press is my second favourite tool in the shop. There's so much I couldn't have done without it. I'm considering an upgrade to a 20 ton from HF.

Old 08-28-2014, 04:59 PM   #72

gear

your rear drive setup is the same as the TAOTAO 150 D... you can get the stuff from EAGLE for that..

Old 08-30-2014, 10:42 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
My 12 ton press is my second favourite tool in the shop. There's so much I couldn't have done without it. I'm considering an upgrade to a 20 ton from HF.
Do you have the A-frame, or the H-frame? They have a 12 for $129 at the moment.

Still looking!
Thanks!
Jim

Old 08-30-2014, 10:44 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASHLIGHTBOY View Post
your rear drive setup is the same as the TAOTAO 150 D... you can get the stuff from EAGLE for that..
I'll have to call them, I've been poking around on their site and I'm having difficulties finding a seat and sprocket. I'll update once I talk to them.

Thanks!
Jim

Old 08-30-2014, 10:49 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger View Post
The buggies don't have that bearing support on them. The make be the difference. Maybe I need to search GY6 150cc ATV sprocket.
That is interesting, I'll change tack and see where searching GY6 on a UTV takes me. I might also just start calling people instead of relying on a website.

Thanks!
Jim