Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 10:32 PM   #61

Nope, they gotta buy their own!
2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E
1979 Yamaha XS650 Special II

Old 03-29-2007, 03:17 PM   #62

Send a message via Yahoo to TheOtherRide
Sam must've gotten his bike...it's been over 12 hours since his last post!

Hope everything's going well!

Old 03-29-2007, 08:52 PM   #63

I feel like crap!

Yes, I picked up the Viva this morning! The guys at UPS Freight were very nice and helpful. They had the crate pulled aside and waiting for me, when I got there. We jammed it into the Jeep, no problem at all. It stuck out of the back of the Jeep about 8". I used a tie-down strap to keep the door pulled up tight. I also left the rear lift glass up. Made it home without incident. Unfortunately, nothing is going to be done to the bike today or probably tomorrow! I'M SICK! I feel like garbage! I think I have either a very bad cold or the flu. Coughing, snizzing, runny nose, scratchy throat, fever and I can't rest. I need medicine! Sounds like a commercial, huh? I called in sick tonight at work, so I'm here on the couch and the bike is still in the Jeep. I managed to get the Jeep backed up to my shop! I probably won't do anything until Saturday sometime. I'll post pictures sometime this weekend.

I'm not happy! I peeked into the box and my Viva DOES NOT have the blue aluminum wheels! Not happy at all! If any of you guys with blue aluminum wheels wants to swap, I'm up for that! One of the mirrors is busted and the muffler was resting on the rear brake caliper, so it's dented. Not happy!

Let me know!

PS: My MCO was included with the bike! Crap & garbage! I feel like crapage!
2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E

Old 03-29-2007, 09:19 PM   #64

Try pm'ing morespl--he wasn't very happy with his blue rims.

When my bike was delivered, I thought I would have to harass the freight guy into sticking around while I inspected for damage...just the opposite! He insisted on opening the box right there & we both checked it out. Maybe he was curious about what kind of bike would fit in a box!

Have you called Viva to see what to do? We just ordered an ATV from them for the young'n (pink camo--how much cooler can life get for a 6yo girl!). Hope the good bike wasn't a fluke.

Sorry you feel so crappy, get better SOON! (and where do you get all the emoticons, or is that another ancient Chinese secret???)

Old 03-29-2007, 09:22 PM   #65

Sorry to hear about that Sam, not getting blue rims isn't the end of the world... Take care of your health and get better so you can post some pics and give us all info on your bike, we know you'll find a way to fix these problems, don't sweat it, alot of us have been there... Hope you feel better...

Old 03-29-2007, 09:36 PM   #66

Hello all,

Blue rims are sticking with my bike, not because I like them. I am just too darn lazy to pull them off My dealings with Family Motor sports has been outstanding. I am going to purchase a 250cc ATV from them for my beautiful half. I bet all your troubles are resolved in short order. One more little odd quirk is the MPH gauge is fairly accurate but the ODO is way off. It registers too may mile s for the ride. My bet is the ODO is in KM and not miles.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:37 PM   #67

Thanks everyone! I'm sure I'll get to feeling better soon. The body aches are the worst part of it along with missing work. I haven't used a sick day in awhile. My ears are burning, so I know they are bad mounthing me. :roll:

I'm not too worried about the mirrors or the muffler, they'll be replaced with better parts soon enough. I really wanted those blue wheels. I'm just dissappointed that's all. I slept most of the day, so I didn't get to a chance to call Viva Motorsports today. First thing on the agenda tomorrow. We'll work it out. They seem ok! We'll see! My MCO wasn't filled out either. I guess that's normal from what I read on here. They'll tell me what to put in the blank spaces.

I misssed both of the Brembo brake calipers I was watching today. I was resting (sleeping) and woke up too late. The front went for $33 and the rear went for $29. I have a set of KTM LC4 handlebars that will tempararily go on the Viva. The local KTM, Honda, Yamaha dealer has the blue Renthal handlebars I want. Just need to go in and pick them up. I may check with RAD to see if they make a set of aluminum wheels that will work with the stock Viva hubs.

I get all of my emoticons from Adventure Rider. Now all of you will have them!
2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E

Old 03-29-2007, 11:54 PM   #68

Jo mamma, baby!

My MSO/MCO was blank also. I think you have to go to http://www.viva-motors.com/titlerequest.html to get one that's filled out. I did that the day I got the bike, but they say it can take up to 2 weeks, so I've got a few more days to go. Who knows though, it sounds like some people have filled in their own when the dealer gives them the info on the phone.

Are your rims just plain aluminum or are they black?

Old 03-30-2007, 02:02 PM   #69

Pauli,
No, my bike has the chrome steel wheels. I'm not upset enough to send the bike back but I wanted the blue wheels. Pumpkin, from this forum who I also work with and Rob one of my riding buddies just left. We got the rear shock hooked up and the front wheel and handlebars bolted on. It's a roller now so that's a good thing. I'm still feeling pretty bad and slept until 10:30 or so this morning. I was up all night! I'm not sure how much more I'll get done today. I need to spend some time on the phone with Viva Motorsports.

Calling them now!

Later!
2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E

Old 03-30-2007, 02:09 PM   #70

The Viva's come with the blank MCO in the crate but that isn't the real one. You have to contact viva and give them your motorcycle's vin and motor #'s and then they will send you a MCO with watermarks and all, takes a couple of weeks. I only got the chrome wheels myself and was a little disappointed but got over it. Get well and have fun.

Old 03-30-2007, 03:00 PM   #71

I'm really surprised they have steel wheels. I thought they'd be aluminum, just not anodized.

Akonababe, thanks for the MCO info.

Old 03-30-2007, 03:33 PM   #72

Yes, thanks Akonababe! I just sent for the MCO. Still trying to get hold of Viva Motorsports. Been on hold for too long!

Pauli, can you imagine how surprised I was! The steel wheels are starting to grow on me a bit. The bike looks good though with the chrome wheels. I'll post a few pictures in awhile.
2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E

Old 03-30-2007, 04:23 PM   #73

Viva Customer Service told me to send a parts request for the broken right mirror and get this, include a request for the blue aluminum wheels. They will do what they can top get me a set!

Nice, very nice! I'm not holding my breath, but maybe something will happen!
2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E

Old 03-30-2007, 04:40 PM   #74

Chongqing Huansong Industries Group Company, Ltd.

One more thing I wanted to point out is that my bike was made by the Chongqing Huansong Industries Group Company, Ltd. The bike came with an Operational Manual and a Motorcycle Parts List book. The parts book includes a breakdown of all the parts and lists all part numbers. The parts book also has a wiring schematic. That's going to come in handy because a whole bunch of stuff was unplugged or not wired up.

The name on the Operational Manual shows the name of the bike as HiSUN. Some of the paperwork has the name Jialing on it. My thought is that this is a generic type manual used for different bikes. The picture on the manaul shows the HiSUN bike that is very similar to my Viva.

I'm very happy with this bike.
2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E

Old 03-30-2007, 06:27 PM   #75

Wow, it's beautiful outside! If I wasn't sick I'd be out riding my KTM. My wife and daughter went to a concert tonight, so I'm stuck here with the dog watching tv. Anyway, since I'm home and I need to increase my post count, here are a few pictures of my new Viva.

This picture shows the box loaded into the wife's Liberty. It was a tight fit but we got it in there. It was pretty easy to get out.

2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E