Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2021, 07:06 PM   #616

Up here ,they get a new boat ,a new snowblower ,a new garden tractor or a new quad ! .i worked in the city garage years ago ,we had truck batteries that checked out bad the day they were delivered to us from the supplier ,none of the mechanics would install them ,yet we got a call from the damned Mayor telling us we had to use them .Turns out everybody got a new snowblower that winter ,except us who had to directly deal with the problems .I transferred out and drove a zamboni for the rest of my city worker career that week ! .

Old 03-04-2021, 11:59 AM   #617

Looking like today could be my last day.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 03-04-2021, 12:12 PM   #618

Do tell!?!

Old 03-04-2021, 12:17 PM   #619

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
Looking like today could be my last day.
Pissed off someone with a call from your cell phone?

Old 03-04-2021, 12:30 PM   #620

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
Pissed off someone with a call from your cell phone?
I wish.

New machine delivered to a customer and supposed to have passed our inspection processes. Failed the customers inspection due to serious oil leaks, bad paint, missing hardware, missing required safety equipment. I'm being told I have to correct it. I'm telling them to get bent. Hoping to get fired.

Actually, the second new machine in two weeks to fail a customers inspection. The other one failed twice.

Harold usually fights with me about my reluctance to do field repairs on equipment that hasn't even been used yet, but he agreed with me today. From what I have heard from the other field guys is that he's had it and is ready to bail. I want to go with him.

And my T-Mobile service still sucks.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 03-04-2021, 07:18 PM   #621

I don't know if my heart and blood pressure can take another day like today. I'm still shaking. The conference call started out badly and went downhill from there. The COO and CE started by ganging up on me, saying that I had been at Beaufort to see the machine and I countered that I can't inspect or test a machine that is still being assembled. Then the two said they weren't blaming me and I called BS on that. I went on a tear about another new machine leaving the factory that wasn't ready and that I was not going out to correct it.
That's when Harold and I got into it. It wasn't pretty. I again said I wasn't going out to correct Beaufort problems. Harold told me that he wasn't going to pay me to sit at home so I said you can effin' fire me today, I no longer give a sh!t. Then the line went dead.

I figured that I finally crossed the line and called Jason to let him know that he was probably going to be the new senior guy later today. I guess I scared him. He starts telling me that the two service guys in Beaufort saw the damn machine leaking oil as it was being loaded on the truck and said nothing.

I sent an email to the CEO say I was fed up and that we needed to talk, not expecting to hear back. A couple hours passed and Harold called, sounding a lot calmer, wanting to know why I hung up on the conference call. I said I didn't. Damn T-Mobile. So we worked out a plan for getting this thing fixed.

I decide to go to the local T-Mobile store to vent my spleen over their lousy service and see about a signal booster. I have to make an appointment. Make an appointment online and it gets confirmed. I arrive and the bloody place is closed until Saturday. Now I'm spitting nails. I get back in the Jeep and I get a call from a number I don't recognize. It's Trent, the CEO, calling me. I let him know what has been going down and that I had almost quit because of it. He thanked me for not quitting and that he heard things got rough between Harold and I. Let him know that we have worked together for so long that we were like an old married couple. Growl and snarl at each then kiss and make up. Also told him what Jason told me about the leak. That got him going. He asked for the list of stuff I got from the customer and he was going to do some digging.

Made an appointment at another T-Mobile store and was told they couldn't do anything because I am not authorized on the account. FFS. Sent a nasty gram to the responsible party in Beaufort for this phone fiasco and told them to either get it fixed or get me my number back so I can add it to my personal AT&T account and expense the monthly charge.

I'm pooped.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 03-06-2021, 10:17 AM   #622

At this rate you're not going to survive to retire.

Old 03-06-2021, 06:28 PM   #623

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
In other news, tires needed for a machine in Minnesnowta arrived at Beaufort on Tuesday. They didn't get turned around until yesterday and it's looking like the tires won't be delivered until the 1st. Geez, back in Elgin, we'd have slapped a new shipping label on them and sent them right back out the door the same day.
Remember this? I got an email from the guy in Minnesnowta yesterday telling me he was canceling the contract for the machine. I forwarded the email to management, then called the guy to say what I couldn't put in the email such as "What took you so long?" and "I don't blame you one bit." We BS'ed a bit and I figured that was it.

Nooooo. Harold wants me to talk him out of it. Sorry, Harold, but I agree with the guy. Harold tries all day to get hold of him. Guy calls Harold this morning and tells him that he has been waiting six weeks for the tires which still aren't there and that was the straw that broke the camels back. A truck is hauling it out on Monday. My name was bandied about but nothing bad. Guy told Harold that he'd like to hire 'that grumpy old fart'.

Harold later told me that he hated to lose the lease but that this, combined with both the million dollar truck getting rejected twice and the latest crane also getting rejected in the space of two weeks may finally wake some people up. Though I won't hold my breath.

7 months, 25 days.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 03-12-2021, 10:54 AM   #624

The S hit the proverbial fan today. The COO was asked to resign today. Nice guy, but way in over his head to run a production facility.

He had a conference call with the Service Field Staff a little while ago. He wanted us to hear it from him. There were the usual diplomatic gestures from everyone except moi. I kept quiet until everyone ran out of things to say. I just said, "Gilbert, I was serious about giving you that bike I have down there". Gil said it was already in the container and he wants to send me pictures of it France.

Towards the end of the call he said he wanted to be frank with us. And apologize. He said that he didn't think the Service Field Staff was necessary when he started. He even wanted to shut us down and farm out Service. He said that it took awhile but he realized that we were the only department in the outfit that worked.

I expect more carnage today and next week.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 03-12-2021, 07:22 PM   #625

Body count today stands at four. All 'resignations'. Two I knew about, the sales guy from my region and the CFO. Those were real resignations. I thought the CFO was leaving in January, but she was still in her office when I was last in Beaufort.

The one I wasn't expecting was the PA, aka, The Fat One, aka, Dennis. Not sure if he was canned, told to resign, or really resigned. Figures, sticks us field guys with crappy T-Mobile, then bails.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 03-12-2021, 08:03 PM   #626

I think T Mobile was his parting gift to you .Enjoy !

Old 03-13-2021, 07:27 AM   #627

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
I think T Mobile was his parting gift to you .Enjoy !

Yeah, probably thinking "Those field guys think I'm inept? I'll show 'em inept. Bwhahahahaha."

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 03-15-2021, 10:04 AM   #628

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruces View Post
i think t mobile was his parting gift to you .enjoy !

Old 03-23-2021, 07:37 AM   #629

Something's in the air but I don't know what. I haven't gotten an email from the office since Thursday. Not that I mind.
I do know that the Jewel of CS, Catherine of Puerto Rico, had put in to replace the Fat One because she was more than qualified. She was passed over in favor of the Fat Ones' assistant, who is no better than the Fat One. Cat was offered the assistant position, which she accepted, but told the bosses that her resume' has gone out.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 03-23-2021, 08:48 AM   #630

You better hope they don't offer you a position.