Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2011, 11:07 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
...hope Weldangrind will offer his suggestions regarding the potential removal of this restriction.
That's funny; as I was catching up on this thread, I was hoping that Spud would chime in on the discoloration.

It's not typically easy to remove a cat from a muffler; it's much faster and more efficient to replace the muffler altogether and then re-jet. That would also get rid of the chrome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go
I'm digging it with a spoon.
Me too! I've been building something similar in my mind for quite awhile. 8)

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-08-2011, 11:14 AM   #47

spud:
forgot to say thanks for the tuning tips.

ben2go:
Massimo is in Irving Texas, I live in Warner Robins, Ga.

Weldagrind:
Any suggestions on a good exhaust to fir the 163FML? And aren't the jets a little different than the Japanese bikes? Does anyone have a jet kit for chinese bikes?

Old 07-08-2011, 11:16 AM   #48

Chrome discoloration is usually caused by a lean mixture.A restrictive exhaust can do the same thing by holding in to much heat.If that exhaust has a cat converter in it,I bet it's at the base of the megaphone, where the discoloration is.

Old 07-08-2011, 03:11 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go
Chrome discoloration is usually caused by a lean mixture.A restrictive exhaust can do the same thing by holding in to much heat.If that exhaust has a cat converter in it,I bet it's at the base of the megaphone, where the discoloration is.
Knowing the Chinese, and the fact the discoloration is concentrated at the bend in the exhaust header and the center of the muffler cone, I'm guessing Jerry has a catalytic converter in that muffler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxtell
spud:
forgot to say thanks for the tuning tips...

...Any suggestions on a good exhaust to fir the 163FML? And aren't the jets a little different than the Japanese bikes? Does anyone have a jet kit for chinese bikes?
You're welcome, Jerry.

I'd prefer to install an aftermarket muffler up higher for greater ground clearance, but the dual shock absorbers and the luggage racks would probably greatly complicate that installation. If one didn't wish to cut out the catalytic converter, he could probably trim off the existing muffler, and install an FMF Universal Spark Arrestor on the current exhaust header. The FMF silencer should easily mount under the luggage rack, and would undoubtedly improve engine performance.

If you have time, please remove the saddle, fuel tank, and side plastic. We would love to see the bike's frame, rack mounting points, et cetera! Also, we can identify your carburetor if you describe it, and post photos of it. Once we know the model of your carburetor, we can easily tell you where to get jets for it.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 07-08-2011, 05:36 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxtell
...aren't the jets a little different than the Japanese bikes
Most 200 using PZ30 ie. "standard" parts in industry
Most Honda clone using Keihin clone carb
Big chinese player's bike prefers using Deni http://www.keihin-corp.co.jp/english...as/index.shtml

Old 07-08-2011, 09:02 PM   #51

I have a PZ30 that I've been looking to re-jet, but I can't find the right slow jet. No big deal; it still starts and idles with a straight through muffler, so I'm not worried.

No problem finding main jets at the local Honda shop.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-08-2011, 09:08 PM   #52

Not sure about the muffler. I bet you could make any slip-on fit, as long as it would clamp securely to the OD of the pipe. The large clamp that comes with a slip-on could mount to the stock location.

I used a T-bolt clamp on a muffler installation recently. It's stainless, and it was a $7.00 solution. Look to a plumbing shop that carries irrigation stuff for that.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:42 PM   #53

My carb is also a PZ30 also.

Here is a pic of the bike with me on it (I am 6'3" for reference):

Here is the right side with cover removed:

And the left side:

I think I have the idle worked out. Now the Tach is dead! :( The speedo is better, but not 100%. I'm guessing the Tach is something loose inside the gauge pod?

Old 07-08-2011, 09:43 PM   #54

As a further size reference, here is my son (he is about 5'11").

Old 07-08-2011, 10:36 PM   #55

That looks like a well made bike; decent air cleaner! The venerable pushrod motor will last forever.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:48 PM   #56

Honda CGL125 parts manual http://www.honda-sundiro.com/images/se/SDH125-A.pdf Aprt front the shocks/ meters / front light ... , other parts in YG are very similar.
Honda GL Series (indonesian) parts manual http://www.4shared.com/file/Idw_94Ij/PC_GLSeries.html/ OHC very similar to it's ansector that very common found in Asia /New Zealand / S. America in 80s. That ansector are good bike very easy to ~75mph

Old 07-08-2011, 10:59 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanbeing
Honda CGL125 parts manual http://www.honda-sundiro.com/images/se/SDH125-A.pdf
Aprt front the shocks/ meters / front light ... , other parts in YG are very similar.
Thanks for the link!

Old 07-08-2011, 11:33 PM   #58

This is the fiche for a CG125: CG125 Fiche

Old 07-09-2011, 01:50 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
This is the fiche for a CG125: CG125 Fiche
That's the good OLD jap CG: 4 gear / no starter motor
Most chinese machine are cloned from Kymco Grand King that had starter motor & :oops: Rotary gear shift pattern
This is the last Honda CG125 using OHV that meets China 3 emisson standard (similar to Euro) fitted ECU / carbon box. The newest is fitted an OHC engine as found on CBF125.

Old 07-09-2011, 02:25 AM   #60

Thanks for posting the additional photos, Jerry. Your bike appear to be very well built! As others have stated, you won't have any problem getting jets for your carburetor. Just bring the jets to your local Honda shop, and they can match them up for you.

If you are ready for an aftermarket muffler, I still recommend the FMF Universal Spark Arrestor.

http://www.bikebandit.com/fmf-univer...LAID=338435743

This muffler has a U.S.F.S. approved spark arrestor, and meets the U.S.F.S. sound restrictions for 96 db. This muffler comes equipped with a stainless steel midpipe you can trim to the desired length. This muffler is also supplied with a clamp which secures it to your motorcycle. You can read more about the FMF silencer in the following threads.

http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...ewtopic&t=8587
http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...ewtopic&t=9629
http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...wtopic&t=10279

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894