Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2010, 07:13 PM   #46

Warm day in Canada.

Thanks for the facts on the jet sizing.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:20 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
Warm day in Canada.
36oC today and It will be 42oC(I have no clue what that is in F) with the humidex tomorrow.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:23 PM   #48

Quote:

Thanks for the facts on the jet sizing.
Yeah i wish our quads/bikes came with the jet chart my sleds have had on the clutch guard, you just cross the altitude and temperature range and it tells you what size main you should be running, i'm sure the chart is a bit on the safe side as in the sled i'd run 280 mains at as low as -20C and be safe, yet when that same engine was run in my microsprint i'd run 230's or 240's and that was at 15 to 30C........but i ran K&N on the micro so that is why the jets needed to be bigger then following the chart on the sled, becuase by chart at 25C i'd be 220's and that motor would have blown with that jetting, your spark plug tells all.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:08 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDIAgencies
Quote:
Warm day in Canada.
36oC today and It will be 42oC(I have no clue what that is in F) with the humidex tomorrow.
It's 12 C (53 F) here today and pouring. I'm wearing long pants and a sweatshirt today, it was 32 C (90 F) last week. Quite the change suddenly. If it gets cooler tonight my darn furnace is going to come on and it's way too early in the year for that!

...always good tech here on the jetting. Learn something almost everyday.

Old 08-31-2010, 11:39 PM   #50

Well, installed new chain tonight. Not quite sure about the rear axle setup, with the "non-concentric" setup to adjust the chain. I loosened the clamps off, but how the hell am I supposed to rotate this thing to loosen/tighten the chain? I finally had to use a ratchet strap to compress the rear spring/rear end, to give me enough slack to get the link in the chain. Unless I am missing something obvious, it seems like a dumbass setup.

It started right up tonight, no choke, and about 1 second on the starter button. Very sweet...

EDITED TO ADD:
Also pulled off the busted plastic "swingarm guard". Someone on here said "you need that guard to protect the chain and rear brake rotor". Like this thin, brittle, cheezy piece of plastic is gonna protect anything.

Wish I knew what quad they copied, then I might have a chance of finding a good guard. Doubt I can fabricate something, as it looks like it needs some compound curves, for the rear sprocket and brake rotor.

Old 09-01-2010, 01:52 AM   #51

I believe that rear axle is a decent elliptical Honda design. There should be a hole in the sprocket that allows you to insert an allen wrench to rotate the axle. If you have an early model, you might have to drill the hole yourself.

I said that you're gonna need a guard under your axle to protect the rotor and chain, but I don't mean plastic. Maybe Honda has an option, or maybe there's an aftermarket unit to fit that style of Honda.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-03-2010, 12:51 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
I believe that rear axle is a decent elliptical Honda design. There should be a hole in the sprocket that allows you to insert an allen wrench to rotate the axle. If you have an early model, you might have to drill the hole yourself.

I said that you're gonna need a guard under your axle to protect the rotor and chain, but I don't mean plastic. Maybe Honda has an option, or maybe there's an aftermarket unit to fit that style of Honda.
FYI - I found this website, I believe this is the 200cc engine used in the Rebel T3:
http://www.roketapartsonline.com/cg2...e-p-11500.html

"hole in the sprocket" - turning the sprocket would rotate the entire axle, not the big elliptical aluminum piece that is in the clamp. I looked on that for a hole, thought that would be the only thing that made sense, a hole in that to jam a screwdriver or something to rotate it, but if there is I didn't find it.

I've measured, looked, taken pictures, pondered... and decided to make my own swingarm guard out of diamondplate aluminum. I already have a piece of it, enough even to do a skid plate under the engine as well. It's light, durable, easy to work with, and cheap. I'll post some pics when I'm done. Might even make some guards for the front lower a-arms.

Old 09-03-2010, 12:42 PM   #53

I don't think I'm explaining myself well.

There should be two clamps at the rear of the swingarm that hold the axle (please show us a pic if you can). You would first loosen the clamps, and then insert an allen wrench (not a screwdriver) through the hole in the sprocket. The allen wrench would engage a hex shape on the axle that allows you to rotate the axle through the range.

If the hole is not there, it was missed in manufacturing. You'll need to remove the sprocket and drill the hole.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-03-2010, 01:19 PM   #54

Quote:
If the hole is not there, it was missed in manufacturing. You'll need to remove the sprocket and drill the hole.
There is another thread on here somewhere ( with pics ) that goes over that process.

Old 09-03-2010, 03:23 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynev
Quote:
There is another thread on here somewhere ( with pics ) that goes over that process.
Here is the thread link. It looks as if the new 2010 BEAST has the holes drilled in the sprocket already, not the T3 Rebel...according to Mr. Squishy.

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...t=9966&start=0

Old 09-03-2010, 05:15 PM   #56

Good job T, i was at work eariler when i replied and didn't have time to dig up that one.

Old 09-04-2010, 01:05 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by FosterVS
Quote:

FYI - I found this website, I believe this is the 200cc engine used in the Rebel T3:
http://www.roketapartsonline.com/cg2...e-p-11500.html

"hole in the sprocket" - turning the sprocket would rotate the entire axle, not the big elliptical aluminum piece that is in the clamp. I looked on that for a hole, thought that would be the only thing that made sense, a hole in that to jam a screwdriver or something to rotate it, but if there is I didn't find it.

I've measured, looked, taken pictures, pondered... and decided to make my own swingarm guard out of diamondplate aluminum. I already have a piece of it, enough even to do a skid plate under the engine as well. It's light, durable, easy to work with, and cheap. I'll post some pics when I'm done. Might even make some guards for the front lower a-arms.
grate find that is a lot of good info
YTX14-BS battery mod,gy6 carb 250cc,custom intake,125cc cf dirtbike muffler,MPR filter/intake,performance cdi,ngk iridium xi dpr8eix-9,performance coil pack and wire, pro taper handle bar, Gio air shocks, yam swing arm bus

Old 09-04-2010, 10:01 AM   #58

Quote:
I don't think I'm explaining myself well.

There should be two clamps at the rear of the swingarm that hold the axle (please show us a pic if you can). You would first loosen the clamps, and then insert an allen wrench (not a screwdriver) through the hole in the sprocket. The allen wrench would engage a hex shape on the axle that allows you to rotate the axle through the range.

I gotcha now - once you do that, turning the rear axle would also turn the elliptical piece as well, which would tighten or loosen the chain. I am gonna look at it again.

Old 09-04-2010, 01:12 PM   #59

Correction:

I said allen wrench, but what I meant to say was allen bolt. Truth is, you could insert any kind of bolt, as long as it threads properly into the hole. Once you remove the sprocket for drilling, please tell us the bolt size that is required.

Thanks!

Old 09-06-2010, 11:34 PM   #60

Diamondplate aluminum skidplate. Cheap, and it seems to work:

Wanna do one under the engine, and the front lower a-arms.