Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2009, 04:45 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynev
Glad i could help out, i've learned quite a bit about these quad's in 5 days but i think my past microsprint experience and my electronics technician college years have taught me a thing or two.
Make sure you glue that pc in the lever assembly to keep it put, after fiddling with mine yesterday it seems to pull out on it's own and the brake light is on solid now, i better reglue it.
Microsprint experience? They have a class of cars here at the local tracks called winged 600 sprints. 600cc sport bike engine on steroids. Faster than any other class of car on the track except maybe the real sprint cars. makes you dizzy watching them.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:32 PM   #47

[/quote]
Microsprint experience? They have a class of cars here at the local tracks called winged 600 sprints. 600cc sport bike engine on steroids. Faster than any other class of car on the track except maybe the real sprint cars. makes you dizzy watching them.[/quote]

Sweet, we tried to get the 600 class going up here but the track owner wanted to reuse most of the parts he had on his 440cc microsprint ( basically a winged go-kart with lots of power) to form the outlaw microsprints with suspension. We built around 40 cars between myself and a friend of mine and most are still running today and they were built between 1997-2002 except for a build for my friend in 2007.

Here's our local 1/8 mile track www.wonderlandspeedway.com

Old 08-19-2009, 09:23 PM   #48

waynev did you get the front brakes working properly on your 50cc?

Old 08-19-2009, 09:47 PM   #49

Yes, they don't work as good as the back, but they do work, i had to remove the front wheels and bend the cable holder brackets out a bit to get them away from the wheels, i then hooked up the cables so the arm was about 3/8"-1/2" away from the front of the wheel, i then used the adjusters near the brake lever to get them dialed in, also make sure you ziptie the brake cables to the frame so they don't rub on the wheels.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:07 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynev
Yes, they don't work as good as the back, but they do work, i had to remove the front wheels and bend the cable holder brackets out a bit to get them away from the wheels, i then hooked up the cables so the arm was about 3/8"-1/2" away from the front of the wheel, i then used the adjusters near the brake lever to get them dialed in, also make sure you ziptie the brake cables to the frame so they don't rub on the wheels.
The front brakes on these drive me nuts. Did you pull the brackets away from the wheels for another reason other than space to work with them? I'm not seeing how that would help with anything but wrench space??

Old 08-20-2009, 07:45 AM   #51

I only bent them back becuase if i didn't the cable would have been right against the wheel, now there is about 1/4" of clearance and the cables don't rub. Now i must add that i mean the brackets where the cable goes in, not the arm on the brake.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:04 PM   #52

On the original topic about lighting, i must ask if the 50cc are supposed to have a tail light?, it only comes on as a brake light, no tail when the lights are on, high or low beam.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:26 PM   #53

I believe it is only a brake light... if you want a tail light, just pull on that wire some.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:40 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
I believe it is only a brake light... if you want a tail light, just pull on that wire some.
LOL, but then my son could start it without pulling on the brake. I was just wondering cause on the GIO site it says it has a tail and brake light. I guess i might wire up an extra resistor to the tail light that comes on when the lights are on, i will pick a resistor value so it's only 1/2 bright.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:52 PM   #55

Why not change to an 1157 socket? No resistor necessary.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-20-2009, 10:01 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Why not change to an 1157 socket? No resistor necessary.
The tail/brake light on my new 50cc is a LED one, not a simple bulb.