Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2023, 11:08 AM   #46

Itchy Boots' review of the 450 Himmi:

1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 11-27-2023, 03:31 AM   #47

The price is going to be higher then many might be expecting...

Not to down play RE advancements but from I understand given the Indian domestic market the 452 Himmy is designed to compete against the Hero Xpulse 400.

I prefer the look of the old 411 to be honest.

Old 11-27-2023, 08:18 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLsior View Post
The price is going to be higher then many might be expecting...

Not to down play RE advancements but from I understand given the Indian domestic market the 452 Himmy is designed to compete against the Hero Xpulse 400.

I prefer the look of the old 411 to be honest.
Agreed. The older Himmi with some upgrades like a bit more power/displacement, tubeless tires and better suspension would be preferable to me as well. And of course cheaper. I'm not a fan of highly-technologized bikes, but to each their own.

While she gave it a positive review, I think that for her purposes Noraly will be sticking with her Honda 300.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 11-27-2023, 09:11 AM   #49

It's something about those weird tank bulbous side protrusions with the crash bars looking more aesthetic than functional that make me turn away from it...

If they put that new engine in the old frame...

But I don't think the 411 is getting replaced.

Old 11-27-2023, 11:55 AM   #50

You think it's a tough crowd here, try the RE forum.
My thoughts?......being an RE Guy?

With the crowd who actually rides ADV, the old 411 has run its course and RE knew it. They needed to step up and bring the bike up to date. Mr. Lal is no dummy. He outsold Harley Davidson last year.

Just like how CSC with their RX3 got Kawasaki to respond with the Versys 300, with the advent of Triumph responding with the new 400, it was just a matter of time till more brands respond with something to compete with the old 411, and bury it in sales figures.

They are going to sell a TON of these. Many of the guys on the RE forum have already put down their deposits.

I also believe the new 452 will expand the Himi from "staunch cult following", to mainstream bike. You don't see a lot of Himi's around. I rarely see one in our tourist destination. That will change. I bet in two years I'll see far more RE bikes and T-shirts around than just mine.

Regarding the beauty of what is the 411 motor, I'm sure they'll run that inventory out in the Scram for the next year or two, but it's just a matter of time till the 452 Scram shows up on showroom floors. It's an easy formula for them.

Don't get me wrong, I love the simplicity of the 411 in my Scram, but it does have its faults. It's not very powerful and makes funny noises.....but at almost 65, so do I, so we're a pretty good match. ;-)

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 11-27-2023, 02:46 PM   #51

They're just... switching over to water-cooled engines. Not really anything else. The new Triumph (also an Indian bike), also ~400cc. The new HD - also an Indian bike, also water cooled, also around 400cc, also an Indian bike. The Himmy just... moved the engine up to water-cooled
Honda CB350
Honda CL450
Tyrion the Pit Bike

Old 11-27-2023, 05:38 PM   #52

I am a fan of RE...even going back to the British/munitions historical roots.
Appreciate them from a distance though. From the diesel bullets to the classic 500 on on.

I'm glad they're in a position to break out of the mould. I'm not saying the 452 is a bad bike...far from it, But for me something about it just doesn't click.

right now I'm all in on the CF Moto 450MT and I'm not even a fan of the modern 'look' though it's not as power ranger as the KTM 390.

Old 11-27-2023, 06:05 PM   #53

What doesn't click is maybe RE has always been about tradition. Making old school traditional bikes. The 452 Himi is a modern bike with some frames on the side to make a very small nod to the styling cues of the old Himi. The old Himi looks like a tank, has all those lovely gauges everywhere on the dash. The new one is a gigantic cyclops computer game that can reskin itself on demand to any display you want. Integrates maps from your phones right on the gigantic cyclops eye if you wish etc. Fancy, neat, but we all know as it ages, tech is nasty when it starts running of wires that are getting crusty and corroded and the resistance goes up, power and voltage levels drop etc. Manual old school gauges just keep on running, until eventually they wear out and don't.
- #42 / #120 Jets
- 1mm thick nitrile O-ring needle shim (removed)
- Kenda K761 Dual Sport Tires
- Sedona Standard Thickness Inner Tubes
- Stock OEM battery, carburetor, spark plug still going strong
- https://youtu.be/dhAYEKH-jFQ

1. Texas Pete's Templar X 250 Torque Specifications Sheet
  2. Texas Pete's Engine Displacement Calculator
  3. Texas Pete's Tire and Rim Compatibility

Old 11-27-2023, 09:27 PM   #54

Tech fear???

Have you looked at a name brand bike in the past 20 years? Ride by wire, ten modes, wireless dash and gauges.

The RE tech is simple and it was not developed in southern California where temps never get above 100 or below 35! India goes from 20k feet altitude, snow and -20 to sea level monsoons and 120 degrees. It will take a while for those wires to die of old age.

If I were not so old I would be on the waiting list for a new Hemi. I'll just keep riding my old one until they put me in the nursing home and my son takes over my old one.