Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2020, 10:42 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Unfortunately, yes.

Glad to hear everyone is on the mend, albeit slow. The problem is our inner teenager has a tendency to ignore the overall chassis condition.
Dang Z, couldn't you have lied, LOL.

you are absolutely right, as long as I don't have to expend to much sweat to fast I feel as good as I did when I was 18, or I did until recently.

Old 07-27-2020, 03:10 PM   #47

I’m finally out of the sling and have started physical therapy. Gonna be a long road I can see.
I’m unable to really lift my arm very far. I actually took my Lectric bike out the other day when the other half wasn’t home. No suspension but fat tires. Felt good to on two wheels again. But I could barely reach the handle bars with my left hand. I rode around some one handed which isn’t safe. Last thing I want to do is fall right now. I moved the Brozz around in the garage to make some room . Again , not really strong enough to handle the weight. It’s amazing what we take for granted.

As soon as the Dr gives me permission, I’d be back on Lectric bike. Figured that would be a good Segue into motorcycle riding if all goes well.
2022 GPX FSE 450R

Old 10-22-2020, 10:00 PM   #48

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spins View Post
I’m finally out of the sling and have started physical therapy. Gonna be a long road I can see.
I’m unable to really lift my arm very far. I actually took my Lectric bike out the other day when the other half wasn’t home. No suspension but fat tires. Felt good to on two wheels again. But I could barely reach the handle bars with my left hand. I rode around some one handed which isn’t safe. Last thing I want to do is fall right now. I moved the Brozz around in the garage to make some room . Again , not really strong enough to handle the weight. It’s amazing what we take for granted.

As soon as the Dr gives me permission, I’d be back on Lectric bike. Figured that would be a good Segue into motorcycle riding if all goes well.
Hey Spins, I have been out of pocket for awhile, how are you doing?
I have heeled as much as I am going to and it is quite bearable though I do get a reminder via pain everyday.
what really hurts my feelings worse is that my knees are going very rapidly over the last few months and as a avid hiker that is devastating. My last trip with any hills was a year ago on pine mountain and I had a lot of knee pain on that trip but didn't think much of it because I hadn't been off of flat ground in a couple of years, turns out it is just wear and tear from making a living by laboring for the past 40+ years. old age and blue collar trades ain't for sissies is it.
I'll be checking back to see if you respond and will be hoping it is good news that I will find

Old 10-23-2020, 07:29 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ina Ditch View Post
Hey Spins, I have been out of pocket for awhile, how are you doing?
I have heeled as much as I am going to and it is quite bearable though I do get a reminder via pain everyday.
what really hurts my feelings worse is that my knees are going very rapidly over the last few months and as a avid hiker that is devastating. My last trip with any hills was a year ago on pine mountain and I had a lot of knee pain on that trip but didn't think much of it because I hadn't been off of flat ground in a couple of years, turns out it is just wear and tear from making a living by laboring for the past 40+ years. old age and blue collar trades ain't for sissies is it.
I'll be checking back to see if you respond and will be hoping it is good news that I will find
Hey Ina Ditch and everyone. I’ve been off the site for a while.

Like you my arm hurts everyday. I’m unable to lay on it or even lean on it on a couch’s arm rest. Frustrating!

My bone has healed, all except for the splintered section. I’m still in therapy for range of motion. I’m unable to lift my arm over my head fully and have other limitations. On my last visit with my Dr. he reluctantly gave me permission to ride my E-bike. I looked at him and said, is my arm healed or not! He always gives me mixed messages. I also asked now that my bone is healed I’ve past the point of worrying about surgery. He responded that I’ll need surgery later in life. That people who have this type of injury either have surgery right away or later down the road.

I’ve been riding my E-bike am getting stronger. I did gear up and take both the. Brozz and the CRF out to the crash site. I rode a little in the dirt but I’m not there yet physically and more so mentally. The fear of falling and getting hurt is still in my head. I’d see a rough patch with overgrown grass or a small high climb an before I’d say let’s see if I can make it. Now it’s, I’m not gonna try. I went through this 20 years ago with my last spill. After a year of rehab I hung up my helmet for a few years till my head cleared and I could enjoy the ride again.

For now I’ve taken them out a few times through the neighborhood ,keeping the batteries charged and the tires round. The Brozz is actually easier to ride than the CRF. It’s seat height is so tall I can barely get on it with my bad arm. I’m always afraid I’ll drop it.

I had a setback too. I had gallbladder surgery October the 1st. I’ve been out of commission. Lost some ground I made in therapy being unable to stretch. Bikes have been sitting since then.

Perhaps this weekend if the weather cooperates.

Thanks for checking in on me Ina Ditch. I hope your knees feel better.
For now, I still have some healing to do.
2022 GPX FSE 450R

Old 10-23-2020, 05:28 PM   #50

Glad to hear you are healing, as for the riding you either feel it or you don't and there is nothing wrong with just tooling around the homestead for a few laps to keep the cob webs blown out. there are days when I just can't get in the groove and feel completely confident so I know what you mean. this florida sand is extremely unforgiving of someone of my skill level and while I haven't had another spill I have had some really close calls, sometimes it's exiting and sometimes it's terrifying, it all depends on what state of mind I am in. I dang near high sided a month or 2 ago, came out of a series of holes kinda like whoops and leaving one the rear tire bucked up and out to the right nearly sideways. I am not really sure how I saved it because it happened to fast but thank God that was one of the days when I was feeling it and did something right.
I'll be checking in with you again and wish you well.

Old 11-08-2020, 08:24 AM   #51

I’ve been feeling stronger and have been riding a little more and longer distances. The Brozz is still my go to for now. I feel more comfortable on it. I must be getting better as I’m craving more power! I accidentally got on a 55 mph single lane road the other night and felt like I was holding everyone back . Pushing the Brozz to 62 mph max via GPS felt uncomfortable. Little bike was working hard till I was unable to make my exit.
I did show the Brozz some love with a new rear rack. I replaced the silver grab handles with Black ones and installed some larger foot pegs. I haven’t tried out the pegs yet. But any thing is an improvement over stock .
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg C24B733E-51B3-41CB-8F9C-57112CBE4FE8.jpeg (143.9 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpeg 7B63C9D9-A1CE-4D78-91FD-02A91A699B21.jpeg (88.9 KB, 133 views)
2022 GPX FSE 450R

Old 11-08-2020, 08:40 AM   #52

I really like those foot pegs. Where did you buy them?

Old 11-08-2020, 01:12 PM   #53

Amazon, There’s a guy on here who posted several products for the Brozz , with links.
You’ll have to grind down the pegs on both sides to get them to fit. I used the stock hardware. I took the bike out today around the block after some tinkering. What a difference the pegs made. You can stand up without feeling like your falling off of the bike.

Krator FP020 Black Rest (Honda... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C306T3W...p_mob_ap_share
2022 GPX FSE 450R

Old 11-08-2020, 06:47 PM   #54

Thanks man, hope you are healing up ok.

Old 11-08-2020, 07:19 PM   #55

Thanks , I’m getting there. Feeling more comfortable mentally every time I ride.
Last week I had to do a panic stop ! Finger on horn as a driver started pulling out in front of me while he was looking the other way. Then later someone cut across three lanes in front of me. It didn’t faze me, but I decided it was time to call it a night.
2022 GPX FSE 450R

Old 11-10-2020, 07:54 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spins View Post
Thanks , I’m getting there. Feeling more comfortable mentally every time I ride.
Last week I had to do a panic stop ! Finger on horn as a driver started pulling out in front of me while he was looking the other way. Then later someone cut across three lanes in front of me. It didn’t faze me, but I decided it was time to call it a night.
I'm getting ready to put one of these attention getters. That will wake them up. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000F5DQWY...v_ov_lig_dp_it
People need to put the phones down and drive.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel