Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2014, 12:53 PM   #46

Question Tires, sprockets

I can't seem to find measurements on that plastics kit. It seems like the "Bull" series of things is for the 150cc or higher. Seeeeems heh.

I have begun searching for a high abrasion set of tires as knobby as possible as well.
Front: 21 X 7 - 10, Rear: 20 X 10 - 10

I am stumbling across sizes 19/18, 23/22 and others but no 21/20 sets. And of course putting those terms in gets me nothing. Sigh.

Also need a larger sprocket for the rear which is (I forgot already) 40t? And the front sprocket is 19t. I do not think I need a front sprocket although it seems loose on the shaft. Should there be play in that sprocket while it is mounted with circlips in place? At the moment there is.

Ok I'm still assembling my list-I'm off to search!
Thanks !
Jim

2007 Shineray Speedee 150, 1P57QMJ: Needs: starter rewired, exhaust connected, cleaned up, ignition switch simplified, new seat and lights, new front and back racks.

There's no such thing as a free puppy or motorcycle. I think I have caught the fever from y'all.

Old 08-24-2014, 04:21 PM   #47

Wiring harness, stator, flywheel removal

Ok so I want to replace the wiring harness and HB provided a TB link, but it has choices as to how many windings are on the stator. So I go to remove it and am stuck on the housing part. I don't want to jam a screwdriver in the holes to make it stop spinning so I can remove the nut and I found a picture in a manual showing 2 tools.

Picture below: Are these tools available somewhere with a name other than what is used in the manual's description? Especially the Univesal Holder thing.

Thanks!
Jim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg removing generator flywheel.jpg (52.0 KB, 112 views)

2007 Shineray Speedee 150, 1P57QMJ: Needs: starter rewired, exhaust connected, cleaned up, ignition switch simplified, new seat and lights, new front and back racks.

There's no such thing as a free puppy or motorcycle. I think I have caught the fever from y'all.

Old 08-24-2014, 04:50 PM   #48

Flywheel Puller on eBay.

Me using a similar puller on a pit bike.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-24-2014, 04:58 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankme View Post
It seems like the "Bull" series of things is for the 150cc or higher.
It seems to me that most of the motorcycle and ATV's in China have animal names associated with them, but the names do not translate well with Google. For example, the old Honda 50 was referred to as a Giraffe, but Google calls it "Long Necked Deer."

Quote:
Also need a larger sprocket for the rear which is (I forgot already) 40t? And the front sprocket is 19t. I do not think I need a front sprocket although it seems loose on the shaft. Should there be play in that sprocket while it is mounted with circlips in place? At the moment there is.
Rather than a larger rear sprocket (which is difficult), perhaps you can find a smaller front sprocket. I know that Midlifekrisis found one.

Not sure on the sprocket play question, but I would presume the answer to be yes. Play is required on standard motorcycle / ATV countershaft sprockets to allow for minor misalignment, but this is a different animal. The shaft that the sprocket mounts to is actually where the rear wheel would mount on a scooter, so play could just be the result of sloppy engineering.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-24-2014, 06:42 PM   #50

Ok cool, one is on the way. But how do I get the nut loose/off so I can use the puller?

Thanks!
Jim

Old 08-24-2014, 07:26 PM   #51

Ok on the rear sprocket. I am attempting to be as strong on the bottom end and speed is no concern. I have read several times to only go down to a 13t sprocket to reduce chain wear. Right?

Do I also need a chain change when I change the sprocket?

Thanks!
Jim

Old 08-25-2014, 01:05 AM   #52

Quote:
Ok cool, one is on the way. But how do I get the nut loose/off so I can use the puller?
Do you have an impact? That's how I do it. I just grasp the flywheel with one hand and hit it with an impact wrench with the other.

Old 08-25-2014, 01:07 AM   #53

Quote:
Ok on the rear sprocket. I am attempting to be as strong on the bottom end and speed is no concern. I have read several times to only go down to a 13t sprocket to reduce chain wear. Right?

Do I also need a chain change when I change the sprocket?
I wouldn't go any lower than 12, but I think that 12 is ok.

I'd change the chain, since the stocker is junk. A decent RK or DID can be found for around $20, and sometimes less. I usually find one on www.bikebandit.com or www.rockymountainatvmc.com.

Old 08-26-2014, 12:21 AM   #54

Is this 13t good? here They only list down to a 13.

If I can go with that and get a new chain too what size and do I need to go count the number of links on the current chain or is it standard?

I see 428, and 520's. It seems as though they say 428 only up to 125cc?

I've read a lot today so I might have missed a few things.

Whew, headed to bed!!
Jim

Old 08-26-2014, 12:54 AM   #55

Yours is likely to be a 428, but you can confirm that with a little Google searching. It's easy to find a chart that explains the sizing.

Count the links, and then search the chains that are on sale at the online stores. A few times, I've been able to save money by buying a chain that's too long for my application. A flap disc on an angle grinder makes short work of correcting the length.

I don't think that's the right sprocket for the quad. Please show us the existing sprocket.

Old 08-26-2014, 12:07 PM   #56

I am headed up today to put some parts on the ATV and will grab that sprocket and snap some pics.

And speaking of parts, I quickly grew tired of futzing with the waylayed wiring on the left handlebar control and just obtained another. And I have an exhaust gasket and new acorn nuts for it as well.

Speaking of the exhaust for this. I took it off, cut off the air thing at the front, then gutted the cat. I am welding on it maybe today. I even bought some heat resistant paint for once I am done plugging holes. And I'll post pics.

I do have another random hose sticking out near the back of the CVT cover on the left side of the bike. It is stiff and appears to be plugged with epoxy. What do I do with that?

And I ordered a full wiring harness after again tiring of corroded wires, missing wires and other mysteries so I'll have that maybe by Friday.

Thanks!
Jim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg left cvt cover top hose going nowhere.jpg (24.2 KB, 104 views)

Old 08-26-2014, 12:16 PM   #57

body style

your body is the same a GIO BEAST.... I know there is a dealer in CALIFORNIA as I was in PALM SPRINGS and they were there... I am a dealer in CANADA and buy this body here for several models of other atvs... you can buy a seat for about $24.00 for this atv... better than recoving it.. this motor as mention already is a popular style... you can get stuff thru your TAOTAO dealer... eagle parts... they are in DALLAS... google them... or pm me and I can give you their number.. as always some of these atvs cost a lot to get them back into good working order.. you can also buy th e wiring harness on EBAY or other sources.. you can also get into changing the rollers & weights on the clutches... see DR PULLY for new style roller..

Old 08-26-2014, 02:03 PM   #58

I'd have to look at mine, but that might be a vent hose for the gearbox. If so, it shouldn't be plugged. Perhaps you'd care to dig a little deeper into it.

Old 08-26-2014, 02:07 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
I'd have to look at mine, but that might be a vent hose for the gearbox. If so, it shouldn't be plugged. Perhaps you'd care to dig a little deeper into it.
I think its a vent too. That should be open.

Old 08-26-2014, 06:29 PM   #60

Ok I'll dig at it and see if it's hollow at any point. I'll check out the Eagle Parts Flashlightboy too, thanks for a dealer closer to home.

I have pics of the sprocket and the driveshaft bearing that is not rolling smoothly and probably needs replacement. It's in the picture. Can I purchase one by the number that is on it or do I need to whip out the calipers? The number on it is 6203RS and had letters NIN opposite. I'll google it here in a few minutes. And how do I get it out? Do I need a shop press?

On the sprocket, there are 16 inner teeth and has an indention on one side and a lip on the other.

I installed the new handlebar control, welded on the ATV exhaust a little, welded on the bike's exhaust some more.

Oh and Weldangrind the impact driver got it off. I am now waiting for the flywheel puller which might be here tomorrow.

Moving right along!
Thanks again
Jim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg drive sprocket both sides.jpg (43.3 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg bearing to drive shaft.jpg (44.2 KB, 91 views)