Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2016, 07:19 PM   #46

Many thanks azh, headlight upgrade for future mod.

You should start new thread to showcase the efi, major project !
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 03-11-2016, 02:44 PM   #47

Anyone ever get stopped by an elderly lady and have a random chat about "How good your motorcycle looks"?

Well as I was leaving a place I was about to put my helmet on, this lady who just walked in said;

"So that must be your bike out front".

Quickly remembering my manners I say...

Azh- "Yes ma'am it is".

"Did you build it to looks like that or was it made/bought like that"

Azh- "No ma'am not really, the only major thing I changed would be the gas tank, the one from the factory was always giving me fiberglass shavings" (I'm not about to tell her all the changes I made to the bike )

"Well I like it! It looks really good, I don't think I have ever seen one that looks like it"

Azh- "Thank you ma'am, I've been trying my best to take care of it and refurbish/rebuild it"

"I probably taken enough of your time already, you ride safe out there dear, and please remember 'Your invisible' on that thing"!

I couldn't believe it, this sweet ol' lady actually understood how us bikers live our rides... "we're invisible"!

I thanked her for being part of the small number of people who make it a little safer to be out and ride on the road! I wanted to give her a big bear hug before I left, but decided it was time to just

and leave, my bike agreed it started with out any choke and she took off like a bandit

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 03-11-2016, 03:50 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Many thanks azh, headlight upgrade for future mod.
Oh before I forget, be careful when doing this upgrade, the HID lights can run hotter than most headlights and have been known to sometimes melt the clear plastic lenses (or other cheap plastics) if they are too close to each other.

I didn't have to worry as my headlight housing is basically all glass and metal from what I remember

So please do be careful if you get any HID Headlight kit.

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 03-11-2016, 07:52 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
Oh before I forget, be careful when doing this upgrade, the HID lights can run hotter than most headlights and have been known to sometimes melt the clear plastic lenses (or other cheap plastics) if they are too close to each other.

I didn't have to worry as my headlight housing is basically all glass and metal from what I remember

So please do be careful if you get any HID Headlight kit.

I'm waiting for the last piece of the puzzle to come on the brown truck (first simple mod). Will post.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 03-14-2016, 06:28 AM   #50

Fork Seals have been replaced

I still haven't gone for a ride as I just finished a few min ago* and probably wont get out for the next few days, but the Mrs. said I can also get some upgraded springs while I was busy rebuilding everything so on order is a set of Progressive Springs

Can't wait to see the difference it makes actually having oil in both the forks (the left fork started draining out shortly after I bought the bike )... and then again the difference it makes with some nice springs and some heavier Fork Oil

*In all of the Youtube videos you will notice the seals pop quickly... well I pumped the fork up with 90 or 100 psi and it didn't pop... so I left it for a few hours and checked on it... still didn't pop... so I fell asleep for a bit... woke up and couldn't get back to sleep figured I would check on the seals.

As I was walking up to the forks to check them I hear "BOOOOM!!! Hiiissssssss" they FINALLY popped and I almost needed a change of pants too

It was as easy Youtube said it would be... just not as quick... this time it was 4 or so hours with 90 or 100 psi in the fork

Old 03-15-2016, 01:05 AM   #51

Well after 5 or 6 days of the run-a-round I finally decided to cancel my EFI order... first they told me 42mm TB was the one I needed, and it's $599 shipped, we have it in stock and it's the supply Ecotrons normally gets for their DR650 kits... so I order it... well 2.5 days go by and I get an email

"Hi, I talked to Ecotrons and 45mm TB is what you need for your Kawasaki KLR650/DR650, 45mm is the DR650 std kit, please measure and see if it fits"...

Soooo I email Ecotrons to find out what I need... and they told me 40mm or 42mm TB with a 248g/min injector is what I needed and don't know why the supplier said 45mm...

Soooo I email the China Supplier... "Please send the 42mm TB with 248g/min injector kit like we originally agreed on..."

And over the next few days I get several run-a-round emails... long story short... they don't even make or sell the 42mm Throttle Body Kit anymore, even though I was told (several times, by both companies) that is what I needed and they have it in stock and ready to ship... well they don't have it... or make it anymore for that matter...

Nothing but lies all around from BOTH Ecotrons AND their China supplier... I personally wouldn't recommend either company... wasted just shy of 6 days of my time and they still have my $599 on hold... might have to get the CC company involved to get my cash back

Rant over

Old 03-18-2016, 01:54 AM   #52

BS200GY-9 aka DB-03-200 aka 'WILL' 200 was ordered earlier today

Can't wait to get the Mrs. on her first motorcycle.

Her picks on color options:
1st - Black
2nd - Orange

Ordered from 360powersports who claims they keep updated and current stock but I don't know how that is when they list several color options in stock but only had "2 Bikes" in stock when I ordered (now only "1" is left in stock but the same 3 color options are still available )

Either way I hope it is actually in stock what ever color actually shows, as it's the only bike that 'should' fit the Mrs. (under 30inch seat height) and for just under $1,300 for a 'new' motorcycle we had little to lose after all

And now the waiting begins

*PS* Thanks to someone on this site for posting a coupon code, it was still active when I made the order "save25" gave me $25 off my order

Old 03-18-2016, 02:24 AM   #53

Fight is on for the mso. I just got word this afternoon that my mso will be here next wednesday. I ordered on Feb 1st. Good luck getting yours sooner seeing how there are already lieing about the " in Stock" business.

Old 03-18-2016, 11:02 AM   #54

Looks like the fight is on for the bike too... ...

Got an email about being able to ship me a RPS HAWK... Uummmm... No?

So I called and talked to a nice lady who I could barely understand, my kiddo was going crazy next to me and I already have a hard time understanding most folks with any kind of accent (my good friend from Peach Tree comes to mind), she quickly and nicely passed the phone off to the guy who emailed me.

He said they "have plenty of RPS HAWKs ready to ship me 'today', it's more powerful (meh barely more in HP), in the color you want and the same price, the ROKETA DB-03 we have in orange on our floor but would still have to order one for you"... did anyone else catch that they have to order one direct from ROKETA

I told him the seat height was the issue, not the power, price, or colors, it was why we researched, picked, and purchased the "ROKETA" (as he called it). The seat heights I have been told from REAL LIFE OWNERS of the bikes have reported just shy of 29 to 30 inches for the "ROKETA", and it has usually been 34 to 35 inches for the RPS HAWK, that is upwards of 6 inches too tall for the Mrs... it's her first bike and she is timid to riding after all, we want her to be comfortable and be flat footed at all times

He told me he would measure some of the HAWKs and the "ROKETA" he has assembled on the showroom floor (the "2 orange" in stock btw) and send me an email to confirm the seat heights... either way I will probably be getting the "ROKETA" when all is said and done.

So far, I'm not complaining, his Show Room Stock is accurate and displayed online, when I called someone answered within the first 2 rings, they are nice, quick, and courteous, tried to give me a 'bigger cc' motorcycle for the same price that he could get me ASAP, understood my wanting of the 'smaller cc' motorcycle and would find out more on it ASAP (he will call or email within the next 2 hours).

No real problems at all (yet)

Old 03-18-2016, 09:23 PM   #55

Post the Url for the will200cc from the retailer

Old 03-19-2016, 10:54 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Post the Url for the will200cc from the retailer
I gladly will post the links, but first I want to make sure I actually get what I ordered... I would hate for others to follow any links/purchases I post, make an order, and be out any amount of $$... let alone the nice sized chunk of $1,300

It shouldn't take more than a week or 2 to receive the bike and MSO, according to who I talked to, the MSO will arrive 2 or 3 days after the Motorcycle... because I chose "Standard 2 or 3 day processing"...

But I will shoot you a PM BlackBike (in case you miss any updates here) along with a post on this thread for everyone.

Old 03-19-2016, 10:57 AM   #57

I hope you get the smaller bike, you get what you wanted. I am always very wary of a Salesman

Old 03-22-2016, 03:36 PM   #58

Are the problems starting already? Possibly...

Well after 3 business days (3rd day processing), I get another email...

"Please call me at 'xxx' we do have this bike already assembled can I ship that one we have to add on a pallet also out web site did not charge the shipping cost if you can take our display model brand new I can eat the shipping cost let me know thank you. This is a orange color !!"

Sooo, now they don't want to ship me a motorcycle in a crate, they want to (for some reason) "eat the cost" of BOTH the shipping fees AND the assembling fees to get me a "floor model"... that has been assembled by who knows... that has been sitting on the floor collecting Texas Dust for who knows how long...

Well... I end up calling the number I was given... it ends up ringing for 30 seconds and I get a voice mail... so I call the 360PS store number... a lady I could barely understand picks up the phone in under a ring...

Long story short... "Manny" is the only one who can help me... but he is not there... the only way to contact him is by email... I try to tell her I was told to call and talk to him in person... "Yhus email him, he not in store at moment"...

So I call "Manny"s cell phone again... this time he picks up in under a ring and sounds rushed and a little pissy... all I get from him is "I'm not at office, I can't help you now, send email me so I email you when I get back to shop."... so why the hell did you tell me to call you... AND why did you also give me your cell phone number to call "so we can get this taken care of ASAP"...

Soooo, I email him... "Send me a crate with an unassembled Black or Orange Roketa DB-03-200 like I originally ordered and we agreed on during our first phone call/emails"

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Just my lucky lately... everyone is quick to take my $ but doesn't want to ship the goods they claim to have in stock... maybe it's time to look for used Jap bikes again

Old 03-25-2016, 01:19 PM   #59

Started a new thread for my China Bike (here).

BS200GY-9 aka "WILL 200" has been shipped.

Follow the thread in the "China Dual Sports" section for any more info on that

Old 11-15-2016, 08:16 PM   #60

About Time!

It's about time I get the KLR 650 back on the road (just before first expected to snow of the year )... I'm getting a Shinko 705 rear tire tomorrow and I should be able to ride my trusty KLR again

Figured while I had the Kiwi apart for the "Eagle Mike Doo Upgrade" I would take a bit more apart and check the valve clearances... I forgot how much I hate working on "Bucket Shimmed" engines ... checking clearance is easy... if you know what size Shims are already in the bucket all is well and the job is quick and easy... but if you don't know the size... you have to take the cams out just to find out what 3 numbers are on the shim

Lucky me... All 4 valves are barely in spec still after 13,000 miles :

Spec = Intake 0.10 - 0.20mm , Exhaust 0.15 - 0.25mm

Left Intake = ~0.1143mm , Right Intake = ~0.1397mm
Left Exhaust = ~0.165mm , Right Exhaust = ~0.165mm

One of the Exhaust Valve Shims I had to measure (had no numbers...)

Broke 2x 8mm sockets (craftsman tools... need I say more...)... lucky the big chunks of broken metal didn't fall into the engine... would have been really unhappy this evening

Need to order new shims : 2x 245 and 2x 250 to bring the Turtle's valves back into spec (as close to 0.20mm and 0.25mm as possible)

Oh... anyone in my area needing to borrow the "Eagle Mike Doohickey Tools" to get your KLR650 "doo" upgraded... let me know

I will be back sometime in the next few days with a few pics of all the projects going on lately... airbox removal for Uni Pod Filter, Lithium battery relocated, "doo" upgraded, rear rim true/balance, rear rim sealed/tubeless upgrade, rear tire installed, valve clearance check... debating on the "MC Mod" while I'm at it...