Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2009, 05:36 PM   #46

Do you mean the schrader valve?, i have had no problem with the valves on my 3 shocks. The new rear shock valve does stick out futher so it's easier to get on to it, the machining and quality also looks better on the rear shock, it must be a new batch.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:40 PM   #47

Yes , the schrader valve. I struggled to get both my guage and my compressor nozzle to sit snug. I really had to bear down to make a nice seal. Another poster wrote of a similar problem. waynec

Old 11-04-2009, 05:48 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynec
Yes , the schrader valve. I struggled to get both my guage and my compressor nozzle to sit snug. I really had to bear down to make a nice seal. Another poster wrote of a similar problem. waynec
I just found my cheapo digital tire gauge didn't seem to fit properly over top the valve, like the valve head on the shock was slightly big or something. I have not tried to put additional air in them yet.

Old 11-04-2009, 06:02 PM   #49

I did use a screw on and clamp on style filler chuck in which i had no problem with, maybe the regular ones for filling tires won't quite get in there right and also any tire gauge you find will probably not goto 200psi and any digital guage i seen only went to 99psi, like i said my friend has all the goodies for working on shocks so it's been an easy ride for me.

Old 11-04-2009, 06:07 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynev
I did use a screw on and clamp on style filler chuck in which i had no problem with, maybe the regular ones for filling tires won't quite get in there right and also any tire gauge you find will probably not goto 200psi and any digital guage i seen only went to 99psi, like i said my friend has all the goodies for working on shocks so it's been an easy ride for me.
Well, if it would've pinned it at 99psi I was more than willing to leave it alone. Pretty much knew before they got here I have nothing to check them with at higher psi, plus no way to put that kind of pressure into it.

I'm going to blow air into on the weekend, see if it holds 75+ psi, if it does, I'll take it to a bike shop or something to have them gas it up.

Old 11-04-2009, 06:29 PM   #51

Yeah, good call, if it will hold 99psi for a few days then it should be good to go and get filled with nitrogen, this rear shock looks just about right for my project pitbike too, might have to get another.

Here's a sneak peak of my gio 49cc pitbike, only did some graphics so far and some tear down, just waiting on my buddy to CNC out my 4" extended swingarm, some handlebar risers and maybe a larger rear gear, i'll make a post in the pitbike section when i'm done, my vinyl plotter sure looks big with the bike in the foreground.

Old 11-04-2009, 07:07 PM   #52

..pcd wrote.........I just came off the site because this got me wondering...has anyone seen a parts warranty anywhere? I know he has 6 months on the bikes themselves, parts only and you eat shipping, but I was looking for a parts only warranty..........

I was thinking today...this is not even a warranty situation. Warranty coverge should be applicable when a product fails in the course of normal use.
Buying and then being shipped a product that in no way lives up to its advertised claim or is defective is closer to fraud. Isn't it?

waynec

Old 11-04-2009, 07:49 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynec
..pcd wrote.........I just came off the site because this got me wondering...has anyone seen a parts warranty anywhere? I know he has 6 months on the bikes themselves, parts only and you eat shipping, but I was looking for a parts only warranty..........

I was thinking today...this is not even a warranty situation. Warranty coverge should be applicable when a product fails in the course of normal use.
Buying and then being shipped a product that in no way lives up to its advertised claim or is defective is closer to fraud. Isn't it?

waynec
I think 'fraud' is a pretty heavy word here. If we go that route, we're saying our site sponsor and provider of products we all enjoy playing with is a criminal and a criminal organization.

I don't think a minor shipping fee for replacement's for defective parts is too hard to swallow, as if we went to a typical 'storefront' business we would have to drive there and back, essentially spending money on fuel and time to return our products. All companies selling any kind of product are going to have at least a 2-5% defect rate.

It's the amount of the 'fee' for shipping which would get my ire up some. $30 is too much IMO.

-T

Old 11-04-2009, 08:49 PM   #54

I don't object to paying the entire shipping charge. I can combine the shipping such that its a non issue. When a retailer provides a product that cannot be put into service due to its defect, the retailer should be offering an apology for the inconvenience. Not a quote.

I am still confident he will do the right thing because its also the smart thing.

waynec

Old 11-04-2009, 09:10 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
Quote:
Well, if it would've pinned it at 99psi I was more than willing to leave it alone. Pretty much knew before they got here I have nothing to check them with at higher psi, plus no way to put that kind of pressure into it.

I'm going to blow air into on the weekend, see if it holds 75+ psi, if it does, I'll take it to a bike shop or something to have them gas it up.
Dive shop or paintball shop can help you out as well. They have 3k psi Nitrogen tanks.
The guy who does all my kids paintball tanks (its really a dive shop) said no problem.
My schraders were also piss-poor but I didnt find out til later because I was using a conmmercial truck thing and it had plenty of clearance.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:40 PM   #56

Well i'm sad to say that the shock i thought i had fixed lost it's pressure over 2 days, i really thought i had it, but when i checked it today after filling it with 175lbs of nitrogen 2 days ago it was way low, so i guess i'll have to get both of them replaced, hopefully the fix i described in post 1 will help some of you out.

Old 11-06-2009, 04:10 AM   #57

Quote:
Well i'm sad to say that the shock i thought i had fixed lost it's pressure over 2 days, i really thought i had it, but when i checked it today after filling it with 175lbs of nitrogen 2 days ago it was way low, so i guess i'll have to get both of them replaced, hopefully the fix i described in post 1 will help some of you out.
Sorry to hear waynev. I can tell you in all honesty I know the feeling

I hope you have better luck than I. No reply as of yet and I have a sinking feeling about this whole fiasco. Why be negative though I guess, just hope it works out for you!.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:57 AM   #58

Yeah, i've had some e-mail chats with john, i kinda have him confused now as before i said i needed 1 replacement and now that the other leaks i will be needing 2, i'm sure he'll do what's best and personally i have no problem paying the extra fee becuase from the racing world i come from shocks are $120, springs are $80 and coilover kits are $50 so for me to still get away with paying $100 total ( original+replacement fee) for a good pair of shocks and springs is till better than the $500 i'm used to spending.

Old 11-06-2009, 11:16 AM   #59

Just rec'd my rear shock this morning. Flat as a pancake. It would appear as though the only people not getting bad shocks are the ones that are too dumb to check the pressure. I would really like to be wrong on that.

What are the chances that after paying his extortion the replacements are going to work?? Slim or none?

waynec

Old 11-06-2009, 11:34 AM   #60

Well my new rear shock ( black spring ) is holding pressure just fine, were your replacements red spring or black spring?