Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 01:10 PM   #46

Send a message via AIM to PorterzCustomz
I just got an email from a member on here that I need to share with all of you. He is going through a legal dispute with them right now so he wishes to remain anonymous as this is a popular thread. I have FW the email to frostbite and he can vouch for the legitimacy of the email wile keeping the members identity secret. He recently worked for them and he lives in the area. He writes:

To: PorterzCustomz
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:43 am
Subject: ATV Discounter Glen Barling

Quote message

Call the owner of ATV Discounter on his cell phone and tell him to stop cheating people out of the bike they want i use to work there and he has been doing the same thing he did to you to many others. The owner of american lifan gave him a smokin deal if he would buy all the gy-2's he had in stock so he did and then he bought 1 gy-5 and took pictures so people think they are getting the 5 and he sends them the 2. Here is his cell phone number xxx-xxx-xxxx and his wife (billing dept) xxx-xxx-xxxx

DON"T FALL FOR THE SCAM, DON'T BUY FROM THEM AND MAKE SURE TO WARN OTHERS NOT TO!! IT IS YOUR RESPONCEABILITY AS A MEMBER.

-Eric

Old 04-09-2008, 01:21 PM   #47

It is a bait and switch. If this anonymous guy will testify, a whole group of you could have class action lawsuit--I don't know seriously Texas takes false advertising, but this is definitely a case of it! The GY-5 and the GY-2 are two different bikes. I would be pissed off ordering a GY-5 and getting a GY-2 shipped to my house.

And to think that ATVdiscounters tried to insinuate that you were getting a more expensive/better bike!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-09-2008, 01:30 PM   #48

I wonder if any of their local news teams would be interested in investigating the story.

Tonight at 11 - "Local Business Caught Running Scam!"

It might take a bit of luck, and maybe some leg work to give them a jump on the story....but it may prove effective at getting them shut down.

Just a thought. 8)
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project

Old 04-09-2008, 01:30 PM   #49

Send a message via AIM to PorterzCustomz
Not just insinuate they came out and told me that in the end. And no I think you misunderstood the message, AL is not in on the scam they just sold to ATV D thinking that ATV D would advertise and sell them for what they are GY2's. Thats why they gave them such a cheap price because they were older bikes that they wanted to clear out for the new ones ya know?

- Eric

Old 04-09-2008, 04:12 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune
I wonder if American Lifan is in on it, too? They don't seem to be helping the case, either, so even if they are (supposedly) unaware, they are still part of the problem by not taking care of the customers (besides the infamous letter--but at least those people who were ordering from "non-authorized" places were getting a GY-5 model!)

And to think that ATVdiscounters tried to insinuate that you were getting a more expensive/better bike!!
What do they even have to do with it? So what if that is where atv scammers bought the bikes wholesale... this scam has nothing to do with them.

Old 04-09-2008, 04:13 PM   #51

Portez, I posted this in another thread, http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...ewtopic&t=3816

Quote:
Found this reading the usage policies on another website (freewebs), thought it might be useful to some people here.

Quote:
Deceptive Business Practices

The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) handles complaints about deceptive or unfair business practices. To file a complaint, visit: http://www.ftc.gov/ and click on "File a Complaint Online," call 1-877-FTC-HELP, or write to:

Federal Trade Commission
CRC-240
Washington, D.C. 20580

If your complaint is against a company in another country, please file it at http://www.econsumer.gov/.
Maybe you, and the apparent former employee could contact these people...

Old 04-09-2008, 04:53 PM   #52

culcune, You are wrong to assume that we are in on this situation. Do you see SUNL or Roketa anywhere in our brand name? We have nothing to do with retail sales.

On a side note ATVD also has no factory warranty on their vehicles. These were units that were sitting at the back of our warehouse that we had no use for. The GY-2 model has been discontinued for a handful of reasons.

Shawn

Old 04-09-2008, 05:10 PM   #53

Shawn, I was wrong to mention it (I edited it out). However, they should not be allowed to mail order your product anymore

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-09-2008, 05:12 PM   #54

Re: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlifan
culcune, You are wrong to assume that we are in on this situation. Do you see SUNL or Roketa anywhere in our brand name? We have nothing to do with retail sales.

On a side note ATVD also has no factory warranty on their vehicles. These were units that were sitting at the back of our warehouse that we had no use for. The GY-2 model has been discontinued for a handful of reasons.

Shawn
Not trying to get You to pick side, But I am curious what You think of this situation......And do You feel actions like what this company has done shine a bad light on the image that American Lifan is trying to build?

Old 04-09-2008, 05:30 PM   #55

Quote:

Shawn
I was wrong to lump you guys into this ebay scammer, or insinuate this. You mention that there is no factory warranty on these bikes, yet they still have this ad on Ebay, including the insinuation that the bike is warranted through A. Lifan:

All other parts are fully covered from any factory defects for 90 days.

Yes! We take pride in every unit we sell, so ATVDiscounter offers a 12-month engine warranty on all units. Our competitors will try to charge you for a 12-month engine warranty, but why should you pay for a warranty that the dealers receive for free?

In the first quote, they really don't say who is covering the warranty, but in the second quote, they really seem to be saying that A. Lifan is covering the warranty.

BTW, this ad is still on ebay (I pulled the quotes right from there right now)

Porterz, someone still owes you a new battery, too, according to their shipping policy:

ATVDiscounter offers complimentary freight insurance for all deliveries on every product we sell. If any product is damaged in any way, we will send you a replacement part right away. We handle all shipping damage claims for you, while our competitors make you handle it yourself.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-09-2008, 05:37 PM   #56

Well, We cannot really do anything about the way they do business.... but we can stop their supply. I'm not sure how they get off on doing this to people but it is really irritating!

Old 04-09-2008, 05:41 PM   #57

Something interesting to me.Would ford or any other car maker sell to honest johns used cars on the corner ? Why wouldn't those bikes sell to established good Lifan dealers at a good price?I don't know how many dealers there are in this country,but wouldn't it be a good way to say thanks for being a dealer for A.L?
I said it once and I'll say it again no disrespect intended but the bottem line comes down to $$$$$ not Devotion.

Old 04-09-2008, 05:50 PM   #58

We honestly sold those bikes wish the intention of them selling them as "offroad only" That particular unit was never built for highway use and developed viberation issues when an in-experienced rider would ride while sitting on the red line for long periods of time.

We figured that we would take a loss on the bikes just to clear up all the extra warehouse space that we could. We never intended for them to sell online but to sell locally in the Dallas metroplex. Now that we know what type of characters these people are I'm fairly sure we will not continue to do business with them.

Shawn

Old 04-09-2008, 05:51 PM   #59

Quote:
Well, We cannot really do anything about the way they do business.... but we can stop their supply. I'm not sure how they get off on doing this to people but it is really irritating!
I agree, if this is not an American Lifan dealer it is not an American Lifan problem. American Lifan has the right to sell to whoever they wish to, this is an ATVD problem. It is ATVD who is being misleading here.

Almon

Old 04-09-2008, 05:58 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by almonpoole
Quote:
I agree, if this is not an American Lifan dealer it is not an American Lifan problem. American Lifan has the right to sell to whoever they wish to, this is an ATVD problem. It is ATVD who is being misleading here.

Almon
It is an A. Lifan problem because ATV Disc. are insinuating that there is a factory warranty with these bikes (No, not directly A. Lifan problem, but ATV Disc. has/is/will continue to (potentially) giving them BAD P.R)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Closed Thread