Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2011, 07:34 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlifekrisiz
well I think the battery is a bit old (2007) so we are going to replace it anyway (same with mine) and then go from there.
well i finally found my volt meter :roll: and put her batt on charge.....after a bit take charger off and looki dat....volts droping at .02 per second so a new batt it is and then see if that was the main problem.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:25 PM   #47

So, did you buy a new battery yet?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-23-2011, 09:58 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
So, did you buy a new battery yet?
next friday (payday is thursday) getting one for each atv and then take it from there.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:10 AM   #49

I bought my battery on ebay for my atv. It came from a Canadian distributor whom was selling gel type batteries. I forgot his ebay id, but I bought it for around $30 including shipping.

I had my atv stored all winter outside, and the atv cranks up without me having to charge it. As compared to the stock battery, this gel battery is better in every way as it does not leak nor does it need to be charged as frequently.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:11 AM   #50

I managed to find the link on ebay. Here is whom I bought it from:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/YTX9-BS-YTX9BS-CT...item1c1b0c4d7a

Just make sure it fits on your atv by checking the dimensions.

Old 04-23-2011, 12:06 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by yozalo
I managed to find the link on ebay. Here is whom I bought it from:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/YTX9-BS-YTX9BS-CT...item1c1b0c4d7a

Just make sure it fits on your atv by checking the dimensions.
thanks....the one that he has on the site looks the same as the one that came out of the wifes.

I am picking up two this friday from a local distributor.....see how that goes.

Old 04-23-2011, 12:33 PM   #52

Thanks for the link, Yozalo.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-24-2011, 04:04 PM   #53

batts at wallmart start at $69 & go up from there....gona try out this other guy at $50 each and see how that goes.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:50 PM   #54

man this guy that i am going to deal with is fantastic..

his name is Dave and his # is 604-825-2331
he will be delivering the batts to me this friday morn ...thats right delivering them to me...nice eh.

will be around $40 each with the nice discount he is giving me.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:08 AM   #55

Midlife confirms that Dave has posted his phone number on CL. Sounds like Dave is offering an excellent price!

Old 05-01-2011, 03:10 PM   #56

well we got the new batteries and now the 150 fries fuses right at the batt.

sort in the cdi maybe??? from the flop?

I did have a bit of a problem plugging the ignition back into the harness when I put it all together again.

Old 05-01-2011, 05:33 PM   #57

so i take a break from t/s the 150 and install the batt in the 250.....surprise surprise....it doesn't start either :roll:

Old 05-01-2011, 07:23 PM   #58

did some more t/s on both atv's and i can run a hot lead from batt to starter and they both turn over.

batt side of coil on 250 has power but none on starter side....but run a jumper from one side of coil to other side and motor turns over....wtf?

Old 05-01-2011, 09:26 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlifekrisiz
batt side of coil on 250 has power but none on starter side....but run a jumper from one side of coil to other side and motor turns over....wtf?
Do you mean the solenoid?, if so that is correct, the solenoid will have straight battery power on one side, when you hit the starter button the solenoid engages and supplies power out the other side to the starter, that is why when you place a jumper between both side it turns over.
So what you need to find out is why the solenoid is not engaging, check for voltage on the control wires going the soleniod and see if it's getting from the starter button to the control wires to actually engage the solenoid.

Old 05-01-2011, 09:49 PM   #60

Do you mean the solenoid

yes sorry the solenoid ... my bad ...will give that a try tomorrow after work