Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2009, 10:35 PM   #46

Old 02-25-2009, 10:55 PM   #47

Great pictures, I have never thought I would be interested in ATV like yours, but at that price and after seeing yours, I would like one. I will probably still have to stick with a utility as I have to be able to haul things and pull trailers.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:07 PM   #48

Universal, nice bike!! Nice to see it all up and running. 8)

Real World--you know you want the sport version!! :wink:

Old 02-25-2009, 11:13 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealWorld
I will probably still have to stick with a utility as I have to be able to haul things and pull trailers.
There is a towing plate on there. here is a pic from vbike website.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:15 PM   #50

Hey, thanks for the info, I will seriously consider it. I will be waiting for some more of your opinions on it. By the way you have a nice garage and place to work!

Old 02-25-2009, 11:18 PM   #51

I just got a huge lot of Moto decals off of Ebay, so I may start stickin pretty soon.
It looks so much better with the factory decals off. I wish I could do something with the seat, and the dumb looking " Rapidity " on there. I may just take it to work and beg one of the costuming girls to recover it all black for me.

I do have to say a special thanks to this board and those on here for always finding me new ways to blow my dough.

Seriously, thanks for all the comments and advice. It is always welcome and appreciated. :wink:

Old 02-25-2009, 11:18 PM   #52

Whats up with the shorts and T-shirt? Dang man its the middle of wimter. That bike does look bigger then the v4s.It will do you well.
One thng thow,befor you make your first riding video for the world to see,don't forget to turn on the gas. :oops:

2007 HI-BIRD 250
2007 Vbike V4S 250

Old 02-25-2009, 11:24 PM   #53

Man, I sure wish I had some costuming girls, at work!

Old 02-25-2009, 11:29 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by kczukiman
Whats up with the shorts and T-shirt? Dang man its the middle of wimter.
My AC has been on all month. :evil:

Florida really is the toilet of the south. Everything circles and flushes.
Always hot and damp.

Do those engine pics help at all? I tried to get pics of the extra mounts and brackets that are obviously for other equipment that uses this motor.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:59 AM   #55

[quote="Universal_Diver
Do those engine pics help at all? I tried to get pics of the extra mounts and brackets that are obviously for other equipment that uses this motor.[/quote]

Yes,Thanks for the pics,I've not seen a 250 water cooled close up.I wounder if thereis any power difference between water cooled and air cooled?

2007 HI-BIRD 250
2007 Vbike V4S 250

Old 02-26-2009, 07:33 AM   #56

It looks like it could be used in most of the dual sports too. It almost appears that they just slapped a jacketed head and cylinder on top of the same old bottom end.

Allen

Old 02-26-2009, 08:05 AM   #57

Did you try the acetone trick on the seat?

I spent a week in Orlando back in October. Weather seemed about perfect to me then. One thing I noticed was there were no bugs or skeeters. Was told it was ther off season for bugs. There is no off season for bugs in Texas.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:37 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealWorld
Great pictures, I have never thought I would be interested in ATV like yours, but at that price and after seeing yours, I would like one. I will probably still have to stick with a utility as I have to be able to haul things and pull trailers.
Same here- I had been looking only at utes...but Universal's pics and description really swayed me to go with the v4sw- I just ordered one.

Except for the absence of a front rack, it seems more utilitarian than the v4d (sport/ute), as it has the hitch plate, and seems to be a little beefier in the suspension...and has 4" more ground clearance!!!

If I can just improvise a way to put a front rack on 'er, I think this'll be the perfect utility for me! (I ordered the green one...hope it's still green when it gets here...)

If the frame don't crack and the bushings don't disintegrate prematurely(like in a month) I think this may just be a decent ATV. I was looking around at used Jap brands for a while...but all I could find at this kind of price were old money-pits.

These Vbikes seem to have a pretty good reputation (about the best among the Chinx imports)....and after seeing Universal's pics...I just had to have one!!

(Universal, if this thing turns out to be a pig, I'm gonna find you, and plaster Teletubbies stickers all over your bike! :twisted: :P )

[Vbike should be paying Universal!]

Old 02-27-2009, 01:06 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal25
Did you try the acetone trick on the seat?

I spent a week in Orlando back in October. Weather seemed about perfect to me then. One thing I noticed was there were no bugs or skeeters. Was told it was ther off season for bugs. There is no off season for bugs in Texas.
I tried the acetone on the underside, and it took all the color out of the "Pleather". :roll: Rapidity is stamped on the silver portion. I have no clue what type of material the seat cover is made of.

A little can of off will pretty much keep the skeeters away around here. Its the stupid love bugs that are a nightmare for their short season. :evil:

KentuckyDonkey I hope you enjoy it. Just keep in mind it is a 1200 dollar quad, not a 3-6 thousand dollar one. I dont like the Teletubbies. I am a Barney guy. :wink:

Here are some pics of the spacers for the rear from kczukiman's Ebay link a couple posts up.

From the front of the rim

From the backside of the rim

Before the spacers

After the spacers

Thanks kczukiman they worked perfect..... :wink:

Old 02-27-2009, 01:22 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universal_Diver
KentuckyDonkey I hope you enjoy it. Just keep in mind it is a 1200 dollar quad, not a 3-6 thousand dollar one.
Eggs-actly!

If I were paying four grand for a bike, I'd expect it to be absolutely perfect and to come fully assembled, and to perform flawlessly, etc.

For $1275....if I have to be meticulous putting it together so that it lasts(hopefully) and if I have to replace a few little parts...and not ride it like it's indestructable....that's understandable and expected.

As long as it's not total junk, I'll be happy (and from all the positive comments I've seen on these vbikes, I doubt it's junk! Seriously, I don't think I've one legit negative comment on them.) [By "legit" I mean I discount anyone who complains because it isn't comparable to a $6K Honda]