Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2018, 03:51 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker_Andy View Post
Oh my, I figured after egg on their face with the TT250 speedo & odometer in KPH they would be checking all new bikes for that. I assume they will have a fix for it soon and hopefully it will be corrected for subsequent shipments.
this happened with the tao tao bull200 early bird deliveries and no souluton was fond besides getting dealer to send a recent one. seemed like the second shipments were in mph....

Old 08-24-2018, 03:38 PM   #47

San Gabriel in the rain

I used to own a 1999 Kawasaki Ninja 500. In heavy rain it would stall.
I’ve ridden the San Gabriel in heavy rain for 15 minutes and it did not stall. Rain did pool on the instruments, making them difficult to read. No big loss there.

Old 08-25-2018, 10:43 PM   #48

San Gabriel gps

I added a cradle for my gps on my San Gabriel. At a speedometer indication of 50 mph my gps unit indicated 35 mph.

Old 08-27-2018, 12:49 PM   #49

50 kilometers is about 31 mph. Are you sure it's not reading kilometers?

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 09-01-2018, 09:29 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeewanus View Post
Hi,
Received my SG250 several days ago.
I am 66 years old, am 5 ft 11 inches in height, with an inseam of 31 inches. I have found the bike comfortable for the 15 minutes at a time that I have managed to ride it.
The odometer is not bad, it is awful. It records a 10 mile ride as being 15 miles. I assume the speedometer is similarly off. I spoke to a person at CSC who told me that they find a 39 percent error in it.
In the owner’s manual the text and the specification chart disagree on recommended tire pressure. A CSC rep told me that the correct pressures are 40 front, 36 rear.
The manual shows the choke on the left handlebar. It is actually located under the gas tank, near the fuel petlock.
According to the manual, you remove the seat by taking off 2 bolts and sliding the seat to the rear. It is actually more complicated than that.
Gotta go ride now.
I just experienced this a couple hours ago. Felt like I needed to a little more than unbolt "the two bolts at the rear of the seat, slide
the seat to the rear" (per the manual).

How'd you get the seat off yours? I'm reticent to pull too hard if IDK exactly how to get it off, since I'm good at breaking stuff.

Old 09-04-2018, 10:46 AM   #51

On the TT250 (and pro0bably Hawk too), you undo the bolts, the shove the seat toward the rear to unhook it.
Maybe this is set up that way as well?

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 09-06-2018, 12:44 PM   #52

SG250 updates

Some information in regards to removing the seat. Remove the two bolts as instructed in the service manual. What I found was some persuasion with a screwdriver used as a punch to push bracket up and out from between the inner frame rail and the outer rail that as far as I can determine is there to make things look good.
This is harder to describe than to do.
Seems seat bracket is pinched between the two rails.
On other news had my SG250 quit on me Wednesday, did some troubleshooting, found wire from kill switch had failed due to cold solder joint at kill switch. CSC has new one heading my way. Joey in service was quite helpful. All in all still the positive experience and still pleased with the SG.
Can not answer as to how accurate the speedometer might be. Can say that the odometer seems to be in kilometers, have a twenty five mile route that worked out to just over forty on the odometer. So odometer is kilometers.
All for now!
More when it happens.

Arthur

Old 09-07-2018, 09:48 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacaquarie View Post
Some information in regards to removing the seat. Remove the two bolts as instructed in the service manual. What I found was some persuasion with a screwdriver used as a punch to push bracket up and out from between the inner frame rail and the outer rail that as far as I can determine is there to make things look good.
This is harder to describe than to do.
Seems seat bracket is pinched between the two rails.
On other news had my SG250 quit on me Wednesday, did some troubleshooting, found wire from kill switch had failed due to cold solder joint at kill switch. CSC has new one heading my way. Joey in service was quite helpful. All in all still the positive experience and still pleased with the SG.
Can not answer as to how accurate the speedometer might be. Can say that the odometer seems to be in kilometers, have a twenty five mile route that worked out to just over forty on the odometer. So odometer is kilometers.
All for now!
More when it happens.

Arthur
Thanks. When I was pulling on it, it seemed to me that it was hooked in the middle-front somewhere.

My speedo froze on me three times today, but continues to work. It was very strange. IDK if it was the wind, or what. It came back half a mile later the second time.
The first time I pulled over and turned off the bike for a couple minutes and it was fine.
Haven't had that issue before today.

Old 09-09-2018, 11:33 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by five3 View Post

My speedo froze on me three times today, but continues to work. It was very strange. IDK if it was the wind, or what. It came back half a mile later the second time.
The first time I pulled over and turned off the bike for a couple minutes and it was fine.
Haven't had that issue before today.
The cable had shook loose is all. Reattached it correctly yesterday and tightened it and it’s been fine

Old 09-10-2018, 11:22 AM   #55

Good to learn you solved your Speed -O-meter problem. I received replacement parts from CSC in my mail Saturday so now my SG250 is back on the road again. Just in time for some bad weather. Oh Well.
I am still impressed. For the money this is one hell (heck) of a motorcycle.
The seat has either broken in some or I have gotten used to it. More comfortable now than the first time or two.
I do feel as if I look like the circus bear on a bicycle, but the small size and weight is nice. Finding I enjoy this more that I would have first thought.
CSC was helpful when I described my problem. Receiver parts faster than my local shop would have even gotten around to even doing anything.
I found the electrical schematic on the CD manual hard to read. This may be my old eyes. Looked fuzzy to me.
When CSC gets around to having more accessories will most likely purchase a rear rack to tote around even more stuff.
Last time I road this to the Post Office was stopped in the lot and asked the usual questions by someone my age (over sixty) he just may purchase one also. Seems the 60's Norton he has is more than he wanted to deal with every time the weather was nice for riding.
A question for everyone, the manual requires the first oil change at 500 miles. Would this be 500 real miles which is 800 Km or the 500 miles on the odometer which is 500 Km?
More exciting news as it happens.

Old 09-10-2018, 11:49 AM   #56

I'd change it at any time. It only holds a quart. Cheap insurance.
The manual for this motor says 1.2(?) quarts but I drain the TT250, clean the screen, dump in a quart and it comes up to half way in the sight glass.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 09-10-2018, 02:27 PM   #57

Quote:
A question for everyone, the manual requires the first oil change at 500 miles. Would this be 500 real miles which is 800 Km or the 500 miles on the odometer which is 500 Km?

First oil change is at 500 miles not km. enjoy your new toy.

Old 09-10-2018, 10:48 PM   #58

Quote:
Good to learn you solved your Speed -O-meter problem. I received replacement parts from CSC in my mail Saturday so now my SG250 is back on the road again. Just in time for some bad weather. Oh Well.
I am still impressed. For the money this is one hell (heck) of a motorcycle.
The seat has either broken in some or I have gotten used to it. More comfortable now than the first time or two.
I do feel as if I look like the circus bear on a bicycle, but the small size and weight is nice. Finding I enjoy this more that I would have first thought.
CSC was helpful when I described my problem. Receiver parts faster than my local shop would have even gotten around to even doing anything.
I found the electrical schematic on the CD manual hard to read. This may be my old eyes. Looked fuzzy to me.
When CSC gets around to having more accessories will most likely purchase a rear rack to tote around even more stuff.
Last time I road this to the Post Office was stopped in the lot and asked the usual questions by someone my age (over sixty) he just may purchase one also. Seems the 60's Norton he has is more than he wanted to deal with every time the weather was nice for riding.
More exciting news as it happens.
I've gone by what's on the odometer, but then my partner and I have ridden from Florida to Virginia on ours. Given all the riding we're doing and not being home to do it, I'd rather err on the miles vs km side.

We've also gotten quite a few questions along the way as well, both from folks your age and younger. Everyone from Road King and Shadow riders to guys we camped near who were on a KLR650 and BMW F750, respectively. The BMW owner, who also owns a TW200 remarked after looking it over and hearing that it even had a gear indicator "That's all ya need... I might hafta get me one of these." Plenty of people thought they were custom, as well. Not bad for what we paid for em.

Old 09-10-2018, 10:56 PM   #59

Royal Purple Oil

any reason to not use Royal Purple in our bikes?

my partner and i used their additive (instead of the Lucas the bikes came with) in our gas and fell in love with the difference it made. beside using ethanol-free gas, it's the only other thing that's made a noticeable difference in how our bikes have run on the road.

we're due for another oil change, soon. i'm wondering if anyone here's used Royal Purple's oil in their bikes, or if there's any reason not to i should be aware of (it being formulated for newer engines and the SG250 engine being based off of older tech, etc)?

Old 09-11-2018, 12:50 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by five3 View Post
any reason to not use Royal Purple in our bikes?

my partner and i used their additive (instead of the Lucas the bikes came with) in our gas and fell in love with the difference it made. beside using ethanol-free gas, it's the only other thing that's made a noticeable difference in how our bikes have run on the road.

we're due for another oil change, soon. i'm wondering if anyone here's used Royal Purple's oil in their bikes, or if there's any reason not to i should be aware of (it being formulated for newer engines and the SG250 engine being based off of older tech, etc)?
Yes, RP has friction modifiers that will kill a wet clutch. Be careful with V twin oils also. They are spec for Harleys but include friction modifiers, because HD runs a dry clutch. If RP is making moto oils now, I don't know about them as I quit using them when I got out of the high-performance auto engine game in the early '00s.