Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2015, 09:56 AM   #46

Since we appear to be at an impasse perhaps a somewhat different approach could be productive.

Based on my experience working customer support for a manufacturing concern, I'd guess Wade wants to do the right thing but someone above him (boss? distributor?) has shut the door on a replacement bike. This puts him in a stressful position between a (legitimately) angry customer and the person who signs his paycheck. That is the kind of thing that can give a support person chest pains. :-(

What if you got an estimate from a welder or two to repair the ground-up frame and relocate the roller? And emailed the estimate[s] to wade asking excalibur pay for or reimburse the cost?

I think it's something Wade can show his boss and say "Look, for $100 (or whatever) we can get this problem solved. It was a manufacturing defect and this is the right thing to do. The guy has already done the legwork to find a shop and get an estimate. All I need is your approval and I'll get the ball rolling."

No, you shouldn't have to do any of this but it could help break up the logjam.

Past: 2012 Honda NC700x, 2014 Taotao ATM-50-A1, 2014 Taotao Evo, 19?? Honda Spree 50, 1982 Katana 550

Last edited by fratermus; 10-05-2015 at 09:57 AM. Reason: formatting.

Old 10-05-2015, 10:08 AM   #47

I live in a huge boating and landscaping area so lots of trailers. We have guys just driving around in pick up trucks with welding equipment looking for small jobs and they come right to your house.

Heck if it were me in this situation I would use the opportunity to purchase some welding equipment and try my hand at fixing it myself. Never welded before but I love trying new stuff and buying some new tools.

/

Old 10-05-2015, 10:38 AM   #48

Here's my 2 cents...

Always a good idea to make this kind of a purchase with a credit card so if there is a problem a refund will be easier to get.

Is the roller mount really welded in the wrong place or is it in the correct place and the real problem is the suspension is set too high and the sprockets too big. Any time the chain is riding on a rubber roller it's going to wear it out fast.

I would adjust the shock so the bike sets lower, install the smallest sprockets available to get the desired gear ratio, remove the add on roller, go back to the original size front roller.