Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2010, 03:37 PM   #46

Decent quality video, but I'm feeling a little woozy...

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-20-2010, 02:20 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnone
My video is at

I am a novice at video so maybe it's me. but for now I say save your money.
I need HD because I'm a nerd.

That's some lovely property, your driveway is screaming for a 'quad drag race."

One thing that most helmet/face/shoulder cams have trouble with is that wind noise through the microphone hole. Bummer on that but the vid quality ain't bad for $18.

Old 12-20-2010, 12:16 PM   #48

Hi All:

Sorry Stew, we are located in Loncon Ontario, and the week you ordered your glasses we had 5 FEET of snow, disrupting our mail service for a few days. Hopeully you should have them today. I sent some to Seatle after yours and they already have them, god bless Canada Post.

Glad you are having fun with the other glasses, have been test driving these new ones, and they even video in the DARK, lol, took some test video at 1 AM during the blizzard, with only 1 street light, and everything ws discernable, the lighting program on these new HD ones is supposed to be self adjusting, so far, so good.

Hopefully Stew will have time to take some video (lol, dont forget to reformat the card, so your son wont know you were testing them), and post on here, and my site too!

Wishing you and yours all a safe and Merry Christmas!

VIEW
Sharon

Old 12-20-2010, 01:27 PM   #49

opps one more note, Stew, these new ones are RUbbER frames, a little more condensed and flexible then the plastic ones, so they may fit in a full face helmet, woudl you please let me know when you try? I wear a shorty so nothing to compare it against!

Thanks
Sharon

Old 12-20-2010, 09:48 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIEW
Hi All:

Sorry Stew, we are located in Loncon Ontario, and the week you ordered your glasses we had 5 FEET of snowVIEW
Sharon
Did you mean "london", neighbour?, loving the snow.

Old 12-20-2010, 11:24 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIEW
have been test driving these new ones, and they even video in the DARK
Hmmm...

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-24-2010, 02:02 PM   #52

When I ordered my video sun glasses I also ordered these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...253D&viewitem=

Seem to work better mounted on my handlebars than on my head.

and

I need to figure out how to change the date.

Old 12-24-2010, 07:25 PM   #53

That's pretty cool!

I bought a handlebar camera mount, and I hope the vids turn out well. I never thought of buying a camera like yours.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:15 PM   #54

Quote:
If it's like my turnigy micro vid cam you have to make a .txt file and save it to the memory card on the device, i will see if i can find the link on how to do it.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:51 PM   #55

Interesting price point. Most everyone I know is using the Gopro HD now. It's over $300 with helmet mount. Check out www.vibikers for some kewl off road and supermoto video. I'd like to see how the glasses work out tho.

Old 12-25-2010, 08:39 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynev
Quote:
If it's like my turnigy micro vid cam you have to make a .txt file and save it to the memory card on the device, i will see if i can find the link on how to do it.
waynev,

I did the tag.txt file and it seems to work for one time then resorts back to the old date/time.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks,

Old 12-25-2010, 10:42 AM   #57

I had to call the file SET_TIME.txt and it has to be dropped in the root of the card not the drive, mine is in folder DCIM.

Here's what my txt file looked like, took me a few tries to get the date in the right order so it worked properly, and i imagine every camera might be a different setup.

Here's what i put in my .txt file, fill out the date to the current time and date. ( i know it says tag.txt but these were the instructions i cut and paste from the website i was on so i thought i'd put it in the file for futrure reference).

To set time make a file called "TAG.TXT"
Place it in the root directiory of the SD card
Use the text below

[date]
2010/02/28
09:15:00

Old 12-25-2010, 11:31 AM   #58

That's what I had in my tag.txt file in the root of the mini sd and it worked one time. I'll try the file name SET_Time.txt

Thanks

Old 12-25-2010, 11:47 AM   #59

Quote:
That's what I had in my tag.txt file in the root of the mini sd and it worked one time. I'll try the file name SET_Time.txt

Thanks
The one other thing i had to do is leave the "on-off" switch to On all the time, it was actually the M button that would turn the camera on.

Here's the one i have http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...ewtopic&t=9760

Old 12-30-2010, 07:28 PM   #60

Stew's review...

Well, as Barnone said... Save your money. Initial impressions of the glasses are not good for me. They have a very small frame so fit quite tight (and I don't have a fat head ). The instructions are even worse than for our quads... Pretty much indecipherable. Vague mention of setting date and time. I suspect that you have to set it the way that Waynev and Barnone are talking about... Make your own text file for it and drag it into the root directory of the memory card. I haven't had a chance to try it outside, but the indoor video (even shot with lots of light) is yellowed and grainy. Not much better than my son's Snap camera... It also corrupted a whole card of video so the footage was lost. Sorry Sharon, I like your business ethics and I thought the glasses were a neat idea, but I really wouldn't recommend them. You can get better video and pictures from a cheap point and shoot camera. Oh well, live and learn .

Regards,
Stew

P.S. The instructions really need to be redone, they bring chinglish to a whole new level...