Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2016, 07:16 PM   #46

I went from a 108 stock main jet to a 117 main, which is more than 5 steps up - and am still having the hiccups (also at sea level). Tomorrow I will play with the air injector and see if disabling it stops the problem.

Old 12-31-2016, 08:18 PM   #47

Rob, the eBay pipe is a complete system that replaces the stock header; is that right? If so, you've eliminated the cat, which is a good thing. I'm only asking to eliminate that as a possibility.

Have you tried a new plug yet? It would be a free experiment to swap plugs between your bikes.

I'm hopeful that disabling the air injector will be a benefit also.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-31-2016, 08:30 PM   #48

Yes the new pipe is a complete system without a cat. I did install the recommended NGK DPR8EIX-9 Iridium plug but did not notice any difference.

I am not a big believer in coincidence so I really don't know why the air injector would have gone bad at precisely the same moment that the pipe was changed. This leads me to believe it is not the problem - unless it was always operating improperly and the pipe change simply brought the problem to the forefront.

Need to keep eliminating possible issues, but I do enjoy the troubleshooting process.

Old 01-19-2017, 03:37 PM   #49

Problem Solved! Now thinking of selling one.

After some tinkering with the black bike I am pleased to advise you that the issue is resolved and was simply the result of an improperly set float level. Now that it has been adjusted the bike runs perfectly. Apparently, at full throttle, while under load, the float bowl was being sucked dry. Thank you for all your input.

Given that, however, I have decided to sell one of my two identical bikes. I thought my son would be using one but has now gone off to college.

I have both a black and a white 2016 TT 250. Each of them has less than 150 miles and I would like to keep one of them. They are set up with all the proper mods and maintenance. They are currently listed in the classified section under complete bikes. Located in Southern California.

Thanks for looking.

Old 01-20-2017, 12:14 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparrob View Post
After some tinkering with the black bike I am pleased to advise you that the issue is resolved and was simply the result of an improperly set float level. Now that it has been adjusted the bike runs perfectly. Apparently, at full throttle, while under load, the float bowl was being sucked dry. Thank you for all your input.

Given that, however, I have decided to sell one of my two identical bikes. I thought my son would be using one but has now gone off to college.

I have both a black and a white 2016 TT 250. Each of them has less than 150 miles and I would like to keep one of them. They are set up with all the proper mods and maintenance. They are currently listed in the classified section under complete bikes. Located in Southern California.

Thanks for looking.
I still have the issue at wot on my bashan. It is lessened since I decreased the main jet however it still occurs. I bought an even smaller 95 jet but this is intriguing. Can you briefly describe how you adjusted that float level?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 01-20-2017, 10:22 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
I still have the issue at wot on my bashan. It is lessened since I decreased the main jet however it still occurs. I bought an even smaller 95 jet but this is intriguing. Can you briefly describe how you adjusted that float level?
Basically, you take the bowl off, flip the carb upside down and the float should run parallel with the carb casting. If it doesn't, bend the tab on the float.
That's the easy way.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 01-20-2017, 12:26 PM   #52

Exactly my way, also. I use the parting line on the plastic float as a sight line and compare it with the carb base, as 2LZ does.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-20-2017, 05:00 PM   #53

So you would bend the float upward like the toilet float so that the bowel fills to a higher level. Right?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 01-20-2017, 05:08 PM   #54

Quote:
So you would bend the float upward like the toilet float so that the bowel fills to a higher level. Right?
Correct! You'll see a little tab on the float that pushes on the float valve that closes it off. It's that tab that you slightly bend. Yep...carbs are small toilets.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 01-20-2017, 11:34 PM   #55

OK, I apologize to true engineers such as yourself ,arh,weld&g, cheezo. A little unconventional but I like to think I'm a stubborn sob that gets the job done.

Thanks for the tips!

Old 01-22-2017, 07:46 PM   #56

Quote:
No disrespect intended when I say, not if the carb is upside down. While this seems obvious, it's easy to get confused while the carb is upside down and you're looking at the float level. Make sense? It did in my head.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:41 PM   #57

This is not the same carb but is a good visual of the float sitting level with the carb body and the orientation of the needle valve to the float arm. Hopefully this gives you a better idea.

Old 01-23-2017, 01:07 PM   #58

Thumbs Up

Thanks for documentation of the float here ! I am bout to get busy again so won't be pulling it any time soon. You can bet I will pull this thread up in the future for reference