Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2017, 12:42 PM   #46

Lucas, would it be possible for you to do a bullet point list of all the work you've done so far in order to install and make this EFI work? It looks like the only fab work you've had to do is welding the O2 sensor bung and the custom intake?

Old 04-15-2017, 12:38 AM   #47

So, I too joined this forum because of this post. I own a bunch of smaller displacement scooters but work on bikes this size as well. I'm working on a low budget EFI for my scoots based on the Speeduino system. It uses an Arduino mega with a custom shield.

While I work on that I decided to go ahead and purchase one of these kits, just the basic kit with an O2 sensor. I'm not sure the MAP sensor would do much good in a 50-72cc engine. The air flow isn't as smooth as a larger displacement engine. I thought the $207.84 cost was reasonable, that included faster shipping and a $10 Aliexpress coupon.

The seller is quite responsive to information requests. I asked numerous questions before placing my order. They also have a less expensive kit that is not user tune-able. It runs Alpha-N only, no MAP sensor available and it's designed for engines larger than mine.

Alpha-N system It's about $20 cheaper than the other kit if you include the cost of the CDI. It also comes with a clamp conversion for bikes with a rubber intake. This one doesn't require a fuel pump which is good for bike with limited DC power.

I chose the more expensive kit because I like the Tuner Studio option. I want to tweak every last drop of power out of my little engines.

Why spend $210 for injection? I ride all year, starting a small engine in sub-freezing weather is no fun and it runs like crap for the first mile or so. Plus, the Chinese carbs just don't hold up very well and they're a pain to get the mixture right when you make other changes to your bike.

Old 04-15-2017, 03:12 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
I'm seriously looking at putting this on my Hawk. Been tuning efi force induction motors for a long time. Pretty cheap system. I been playing around with the tuning program and is pretty simple.
If you do, please make a thread on it! I have been thinking about doing the same thing to a hawk/enforcer/brozz if i get one. But i dont have the experience to just start blind.

Old 04-15-2017, 09:38 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDStroup View Post
If you do, please make a thread on it! I have been thinking about doing the same thing to a hawk/enforcer/brozz if i get one. But i dont have the experience to just start blind.
That's me, and maybe I was too quick to judge the cost vs benefits. That's why I'm following this. I'm just more old school with my carbs but still very interested in this setup. Just need to learn from the folks that know how to tune properly.

Previously owned / operated MOTO Xtreme selling American Lifan / Check out my friends at www.armattanquads.com

"Imagination is more important that knowledge" Albert Einstein

Old 04-17-2017, 07:15 PM   #50

I am having issues receiving my MCO too. My seller said they have sent it out twice already and are resending it again today (from Arizona). Not sure what is going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas@Air_Lift View Post
Yeah the MCO is dumb.. but usps probably lost it as our local branch is terrible. I also forgot that I had to make a custom throttle cable. The stock one was not long enough and had the wrong end for the throttle body. I used a Venhil (i think?) Cable kit I got on amazon for like $15. Super easy, you just need a soldering iron and about 20 min. The instructions it comes with make it very easy to figure out.

Old 04-18-2017, 08:48 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by prismways View Post
I am having issues receiving my MCO too. My seller said they have sent it out twice already and are resending it again today (from Arizona). Not sure what is going on.
I STILL don't have a physical copy of it. They scanned in and sent me a digital copy but I doubt the DMV is going to take this. Going to try this week as it is insured now. If they don't take it I am going to fill out the proper forms and have a cop come out and inspect it to register the damn thing as a "assembled vehicle" which is a nice loophole we have here in michigan.
16 SSR SR125: PZ26, New Racing CDI, Blue plastics, LED headlight

Street:
16 Boom Vader 125: Microsquirt EFI conversion, HID/LED headlights, 17T front sprocket, O-Ringed Gold chain, adjustable rear damper, The DD

Old 04-18-2017, 08:49 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonRider View Post
Lucas, would it be possible for you to do a bullet point list of all the work you've done so far in order to install and make this EFI work? It looks like the only fab work you've had to do is welding the O2 sensor bung and the custom intake?
Once I work out all the kinks, I plan on updating my first post with a bullet point list of work needed as well as extra parts I had to buy.

Street:
16 Boom Vader 125: Microsquirt EFI conversion, HID/LED headlights, 17T front sprocket, O-Ringed Gold chain, adjustable rear damper, The DD

Old 04-28-2017, 10:02 AM   #53

What software do you use to tune the ecumenical and where did you get the software

Old 04-28-2017, 09:15 PM   #54

Not too sure if this idea would work as the petcock style may be different, but this is a solution that was come up with for a GL1000 Goldwing EFI conversion for feed and return to the fuel pump.

The feed for the fuel pump comes from the reserve hole on the tank flange, and the return goes where the old Run position used to draw through. Relatively simple to make with even a drill or drill press. The O ring seats were made using a larger countersink bit of the right OD.

While this actual design obviously might not work, the same basic principles could be applied. The T in the fuel line fitting will work, but my only concern would be fuel heating issues. Without the thermal mass of the main tank to reduce this effect, there is a chance the constant recirculation could cause a problem. This is all speculation, and it may not be, but it's just something to consider.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fuelblock1.JPG (20.9 KB, 716 views)
File Type: jpg fuelblock2.JPG (26.0 KB, 710 views)

Old 05-01-2017, 10:25 AM   #55

Thanjs for the info megadan! It is something I will keep an eye out for.

Well my MCO finally showed up! Going to get it legal this week hopefully so stay tuned for more updates!

Street:

Old 05-01-2017, 11:04 AM   #56

Good luck! Dealing with my DMV was a hassle! So glad that is all done with

Quote:
Thanjs for the info megadan! It is something I will keep an eye out for.

Well my MCO finally showed up! Going to get it legal this week hopefully so stay tuned for more updates!

Old 05-01-2017, 01:11 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
After reviewing and playing around with the software this is going to be a piece of cake to tune. Thanks for links. I'll just have to save up a little Hawk money. In the mean time i'll keep an eye on your progress. What i'm trying to figure out is what kit to get. The Hawk is a 229cc engine. the kit come 150-200cc then jumps to 250-300cc. the 150-200cc kit has a 28mm throttle body and the 250-300cc comes with s 34mm throttle body. Since the stock carburetor is 28mm I would think the 150-200cc kit would be the right one get. I'll have to see if I can find a forum on the EFI and see what those guys are doing.
I chatted with the seller this weekend and he said to order the 150-200cc one and specify the engine size of 229 cc also provide email so he can email the software.

Old 05-01-2017, 03:10 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat67 View Post
I chatted with the seller this weekend and he said to order the 150-200cc one and specify the engine size of 229 cc also provide email so he can email the software.
I sent the same inquiry for my hawk and got the same response. Specify 229cc and 28mm flanged TB. I assume the engine size is so he can send the appropriate fuel injector.

Old 05-10-2017, 01:22 PM   #59

Alright guys I finally have the bike titled and fully street legal! Going to take it on its maden voyage tonight so expect more updates very soon!!

Street:

Old 05-10-2017, 01:27 PM   #60

Quote:
Alright guys I finally have the bike titled and fully street legal! Going to take it on its maden voyage tonight so expect more updates very soon!!
Its about damn time. lol We expect a full 3 page report. I'm still going to put that system on my hawk. It will more than likely be after the summer when i'll have more time to mess with it.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel