Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2010, 12:00 AM   #46

yeah, I almost tipped those Piagio's every time we took one out, but then again, we were tying to

and yes again, too much $$$ at $5k

Old 01-19-2010, 07:23 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprf1y
You can buy new 08's for $2800, or less right now.
The local dealer has an 07 cbr 125, brand new, for $2499 (everything included but the tax), and they are throwing in an extra year off warranty from the standard... Seems like a heck of a deal. I don't need a second bike though and if I had one I think I'd like another dual sport.

Old 02-05-2010, 01:02 AM   #48

Sort of interested in this one myself, but I don't have an extra $600 right now...

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rd...586650429.html
250 tao tao atv, not sure which model

Old 02-05-2010, 01:51 AM   #49

Make him a lowball offer; he's obviously frustrated.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-05-2010, 02:04 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Make him a lowball offer; he's obviously frustrated.
Yup, Offer a couple hundred while asking him what the heck brand it is over and over....

Old 02-05-2010, 02:42 AM   #51

He says he's going to post a picture of it... From what I saw on X-rage's website there is I think 4 different 250 tao tao atv's they had. I don't think they cost $2000 though... Maybe $1200.

I'd prefer the more sporty style one... They look like they have the same basic engine as a Lifan gy5. The prices range from about $1100 - $1400

Old 02-05-2010, 11:27 AM   #52

Let me know if you're successful. I'd be happy to help you pick it up.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-05-2010, 12:21 PM   #53

Will do. Haven't decided yet if I want to get into that... I'm sure it would be fun to have... But again, I don't really have the extra money right now, and it's another thing I would have to store at my parents, and I'm not sure how much I would use it... But... I have been considering it, because my uncle has an atv and wants someone to ride with (his is a big 4x4 honda or something). And I could let others use it... I also don't need another project, but I honestly don't think it would take much to get it going if it is really basically new. Something to think about... If anyone else on here is interested I say go for it, otherwise I may check into it.

Old 02-05-2010, 02:02 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Will do. Haven't decided yet if I want to get into that... I'm sure it would be fun to have... But again, I don't really have the extra money right now, and it's another thing I would have to store at my parents, and I'm not sure how much I would use it... But... I have been considering it, because my uncle has an atv and wants someone to ride with (his is a big 4x4 honda or something). And I could let others use it... I also don't need another project, but I honestly don't think it would take much to get it going if it is really basically new. Something to think about... If anyone else on here is interested I say go for it, otherwise I may check into it.
I have no money for new toys at the moment.

I do know I've seen a lot of people bitching about X-RAGE in the past few years looking in the motorcycle forums. It could likely be unskilled folks buying Chinese products and not knowing what to do with them.

You don't see too many 250cc units of any make in that price range, so if you were thinking about it I'd investigate. Might get a deal there.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:33 PM   #55

I'm probably gonna pass... I talked to him again apparently its one of the sporty models, but he says it needs a battery as well. He won't go under $500. I was thinking maybe $400 since I don't really have the money and don't need it, but throw in it needing a new battery and the $500 price tag for it not working I can pass... I still think it's probably a good deal, but I don't need it.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:01 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
I'm probably gonna pass... I talked to him again apparently its one of the sporty models, but he says it needs a battery as well. He won't go under $500. I was thinking maybe $400 since I don't really have the money and don't need it, but throw in it needing a new battery and the $500 price tag for it not working I can pass... I still think it's probably a good deal, but I don't need it.
Well, you and everyone here knows it doesn't just run fine with a battery and twisting a few carb screws. Hard for people who get taken in on the double thousand dollars for one, then feel they're getting it from behind when they try to resell it.. old saying still rings true about knowing what you're paying for.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:58 PM   #57

Yeah, he tried to tell me it was a $3000 machine... I didn't buy that...

Old 02-10-2010, 07:35 PM   #58

Here's another cheap one...
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rd...595375798.html
$250
He says it needs a coil and starter gear. Couldn't say what brand it was. I think it's a 200 but he didn't sound sure.

Said he'd put in the gear and coil for $50 and it would be good to go I guess.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:05 AM   #59

That looks like a Monster style. Hard to see the motor though but I'd guess it's the 150cc.

Pretty good price. Almost tempting if I wanted to spend more money. :P

Old 02-11-2010, 02:19 AM   #60

I did my best to blow up the image, and it looks like a Lifanoid vertical single to me. Not sure though.