Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2014, 11:22 PM   #46

The back wheel is attached--this photo is while the bike is still in the crate--the wheel is already attached, saving you the hassle!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-23-2014, 11:32 PM   #47

The battery charger I have has both 2 amp and 6 amps settings--I am fairly certain it is a standard charger, so you should be good to go. The only thing I can't help anyone who lives in cold climates with is parking the bikes for the winter. Heck, I say drag them out into the snow every once in a while to keep them moving!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 06-23-2014, 11:36 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by footer View Post
alright another question, mainly directed at culcune since you have put together the same bike… i have the basic tools - sockets, wrenches, allen wrenches (guessing everything will be metric?)… but is there anything motorcycle specific ill need? on one youtube assembly video i watched they mentioned some spreader for brake caliper or something. maybe not needed on my bike, but wanted to make sure i (or my friend helping me might have it) have everything ready to go. i also saw them using a tool to tighten the spokes. also they pulled apart electrical connections and put in dielectric grease and siliconed the backside of the connections to keep water out which I'm assuming is overkill, just wondering if anyone else went that far…
If necessary, you can spread the brake pads apart with a flat blade screwdriver. Putting dielectric grease on the electrical connections is a very good idea.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-24-2014, 04:09 PM   #49

well got a calll from the dealer, county imports, second problem on my order so far. first - i used my work for the shipping address, figuring they would deliver during the day (website said i needed to be the one to sign, and show my license - which they now say isn't the case, anyone can sign for it), plus i drive forklift so i would be the one unloading it anyways. they didn't want to ship anywhere other than my home address to avoid any fraudulent orders. fine, changed to to ship to my house, delayed my order a couple days. today i got a call, my billing address is different than my shipping address - we have a PO box for mail because one of the dogs bit a mailman, lol. they rejected my order again to protect against a false order. so had to call my bank and have them add a shipping address, as well as the billing address to my debit card account, then call back and reorder the bike. so another delay, but he says will be here within 10 days from now… patience isn't one of my stronger traits, but it is what it is… after i get the bike, i will need to send in some info then they will send the paperwork for the title. hoping that part goes better!

Old 06-24-2014, 06:00 PM   #50

Where did you order the bike from footer?

Old 06-24-2014, 07:10 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonCat View Post
Where did you order the bike from footer?
http://www.countyimports.com/

How is your bike been so far? Have you felt the 'need' for a new rear sprocket?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 06-24-2014, 07:19 PM   #52

I have only taken the bike on local roads, no highways yet. I am still a "beginner" when it comes to riding and I still don't have my proper license yet but I really like it. I hope to get some more time with it in the next few months.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:37 PM   #53

yes, i ordered it from county imports. (its not here yet culcune!) was $1499, free shipping. kind of hard to get in touch with anyone there. you email, and they send and automated email back, saying to call. you call, and the recording says best to email them…. they still haven't replied to any of my emails, but they did call twice - not returning any of my messages, but called to say they rejected my order because of the address issues. supposedly taken care of today. he said expect it here within 10 days.

Old 06-26-2014, 05:03 PM   #54

not too happy with www.countyimports.com -- today i went online to check my order because i noticed they still haven't taken the money out of my account. now it says order cancelled. it took 6 calls throughout the day, but finally got someone to answer, of coarse he didn't know why it was cancelled, but it sure sounded like the same guy i talked to the other times. anyways, i am giving them one more try, as he said he will put the order through today. but I am feeling a bit leery of them as of now. i only saw this bike on one other website, but it was $1899 through them as opposed to $1499 through county imports. however the more expensive model had kick start as well as push button, where mine only has electric start….

Old 06-26-2014, 07:19 PM   #55

County Imports--I don't think anyone has ordered from them who is a member here (as far as I remember), for any of their products. I would suggest to contact Excalibur Motorsports www.atv4usa.com 909-591-8800 and tell them 'Simon' sent you. Tell them the issues you have had with County Imports, since my guess is, the bike is drop-shipped from Excalibur. See if that helps--but make sure they match the price at the very least! I would not continue to deal with County IMO.

As far as kick start--these all have the same features--I am not sure if you saw the Denali XT200 for $1899, but those are the exact same bike as the TMEC from Excalibur. The only differences--the Denali has massively large graphics (the TMEC I ordered all the graphics were off--actually still are!) and the Denali does not have a street tire option--only 21"/18" knobbies are available. But any of the parts can be ordered from Excalibur.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 06-26-2014, 08:15 PM   #56

I don't even see the TMEC listed on their site. Are you sure that is the bike you are getting? They all come with kickstarts.

I actually put a few stickers on the bike the other day...it needed a little something.

Old 06-26-2014, 10:38 PM   #57

[QUOTE=WilsonCat;168768]I don't even see the TMEC listed on their site. Are you sure that is the bike you are getting? They all come with kickstarts/QUOTE]

http://www.countyimports.com/dirt_bikes___pit_bikes

that didn't work like i thought it would, but if you copy and paste that address in browser, its the seventh up from bottom. it may have kickstart i guess, just doesn't state it like it did on the other site. now my account is not even valid on county import website, i looked when i got home, and he did have my order back on as 'new order' - now i try and log in and says account invalid!

also, does anyone know of any differences between the 17 in street version, the dirt style with 21 front 18 rear tire, and then the ones with gold rims?? the ones with gold rims seem to have a lot more decals, and a bit fancier looking, but don't know if the bikes are all the same…

and thanks culcune, i will call tomorrow for sure!

Old 06-26-2014, 10:42 PM   #58

http://www.countyimports.com/inc/sde...015__/148/8000

i guess this is better. the actual page…

**WOUDNT RECOMMEND COUNTY IMPORTS TO ANYONE** -- not sure what their deal is, but something is up with them.

Last edited by footer; 06-27-2014 at 04:21 PM.

Old 06-26-2014, 10:45 PM   #59

and yes, i like it better with the stickers on too!! not too gaudy, but a little something….

Old 06-27-2014, 12:11 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by footer View Post

also, does anyone know of any differences between the 17 in street version, the dirt style with 21 front 18 rear tire, and then the ones with gold rims?? the ones with gold rims seem to have a lot more decals, and a bit fancier looking, but don't know if the bikes are all the same…

and thanks culcune, i will call tomorrow for sure!
The photos on county imports are the same as the photos from Excalibur. County is an authorized dealer, but I was wrong--they are not drop shipping from Excalibur. In fact, when I ordered my bike directly through Excalibur, I had it shipped to my friend's business, but then again, in my deal, I ordered my bike and a scooter for my friend's sister, and used my friend's name as the receiver. The one thing I had going for me, however, is that Excalibur's bank is the same as mine, so I simply made a withdraw from my account and deposited straight into Excalibur's account which was a lot smoother than a Visa or MasterCard. Keep in mind, I know the guys who work there personally since I stopped by there on the way back to Arizona from L.A. and met them, including the owner; I have trust in them in other words.

There is one 'odd' TMEC shown on Exalibur's site and County's which is the fancier one with gold rims. That one is a 'Radisson' brand from Iran. It was either given to Mr. Liu (the photo, not the bike) by TMEC, or it was on display when Mr. Liu took the photos of his bikes in China. The older TMECs from '09 used to come with gold rims (black bike or red bike) , or red rims (white bike), but they did not look good as far as being interchangeable. In fact, when I had a sprocket issue with my old bike, and had to get a new rim, I had a stock red one up front, and a rear gold one! The gold did not look good with the white bike, as well as being mismatched with the red front wheel but it was functional for several thousand miles of commuting.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150