Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2020, 09:45 PM   #481

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnone View Post
I removed my gear shifter and cut off the back so I would not rest my heel on it. Also when you reinstall it you could go up a spline or two to get more clearance for your boot.
Me, I dont have any issue at all with my foot rest. I actually like the shifter. I wish it was lengthen a bit. My boot heel never touches the exhaust pipe.

Old 06-15-2020, 09:48 PM   #482

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
The RX4 looks awesome.

Any of yall that are selling in Texas?
I totally agree, and it's not going to break the bank in price either. That is my next upgrade. I decided to disregard DF250RTR-b and plan to save for the RX4. Pluss if I drop the bike and break something, it's super cheap to buy replacement parts. It will take me 5 to 7 months to get the bike. I would have to save for better riding gear pluss I want heated gear for the cold that is coming.

Old 06-23-2020, 04:11 PM   #483

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyzoSoupz View Post
Sup humans! Its been a minute. Quick update on my DF250RTG, I have reached 2500 miles on the bike and so far so good. It's time to get new replacement Front breaks I have a good bit left on the front but it's almost that time to replace them as well it's time to clean chain and lubricate the chain. One issue, my rear drum brake has been squealing, I have not removed rear wheel to inspect it but i may have to replace rear drum shoes. I shouldn't have to there is no way there worn out now.
I'm having difficulty finding drum brake shoes for this motorcycle. Idk if there is one size on drum brake shoes or there is different sizes. I have never changed a drum break on a motorcycle before.
Mine are starting to make noise too. Can't be out already.. wish they had a parts list or something. Guess I'll have to wait until I can remove the rear wheel. All in all I really love this bike. So much fun to ride.

Old 06-23-2020, 06:53 PM   #484

Quote:
Me, I dont have any issue at all with my foot rest. I actually like the shifter. I wish it was lengthen a bit. My boot heel never touches the exhaust pipe.
The part I cut off is not a foot rest.

Old 07-11-2020, 06:06 PM   #485

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geaux-T View Post
Mine are starting to make noise too. Can't be out already.. wish they had a parts list or something. Guess I'll have to wait until I can remove the rear wheel. All in all I really love this bike. So much fun to ride.
The issue was you have to clean the drum out once in a while and it stops the squealing. Wear a mask, gloves and eye protection. Highly recommended. Also do this outside cuz its was alot of dust for me

Old 07-11-2020, 06:10 PM   #486

I have now.... officially 4,000 miles on my df now..... and I had crashed again..... kinda why I was away for a while....
Fixed the bike..... I. Gonna tell ya, she is one fuckin tough little bike, got lucky as hell too. Very minor damage and was easy to fix. I got pushed off the road by someone..... idk what hell happend but I dont care.... she still runs

Old 07-11-2020, 06:10 PM   #487

Back on the road again lol

Old 07-11-2020, 07:15 PM   #488

Quote:
Back on the road again lol
4000 miles or kilometers?
Be careful out there.

Old 07-13-2020, 02:01 AM   #489

Absolutely shocking discovery..........
Aperently the DF250RTG is a 100% clone of the Honda cg125............. wow......... after all the time I wasted and the difficulty I struggled through....... all I had to do was use honda cg125 parts.... the only difference is, it's not a 125 it's a 250. So basically a honda cg250 lol
Welp, I found the entire steering assembly on ebay for the honda cg125, also can find the gas tank as well..... so I'm gonna replace the gas tank buuuut I believe it's a more metallic red than gloss red like my bike.
Even the drum brakes from the cg125 fits but the disk brake pads. I am very tempted to put a zongshen 300cc on my DF250RTG, it will fit except I will have to cut the metal frame a little/grind away were the engine head is.
Also another discovery, the honda rebel 250/nighthawk250 engine fits as well lol

I really am likeing this bike alot becuase the fact I can modify the crap out of it.

Old 07-13-2020, 02:09 AM   #490

I bought ne lights, because I am tired of people complaining that they cant see my brake light well and my turn signals. So I purchased a bad ass LED all in one brake light strip for the bike, I will have to do some wiring trickery but it will clean up the bike. Also I purchased LED fork turn signals, that will look very clean.

Good by old lights, no more factory turn signals and brake light. In a week from now I will post a picture of my new modifications. Still wanting to try to install a honda rebel 250 engine. I have one from a totaled bike and it fits perfectly except the muffler is an issue becuase of the fact it's a dual cylinder engine. I can only have a one muffler not 2, I also would have to reroute the clutch cable. I'm liking this, I'm getting to learn more in the wrenching deal on motorcycles, it's not that hard really. Just gotta be creative.

Old 07-13-2020, 02:11 AM   #491

Quote:
4000 miles or kilometers?
Be careful out there.
I have 4,223 miles..... I calculated the kilometers to miles

I have 6796.26km on the odometer

Its busted so.... new one..... I honestly want a gps speedometer, I wont sell the bike for a very good while. Probably a few years or more or till it dies for good. When I get the rx4, the df is going to be my backup incase I crash the rx4 plus it's going to be my commuter and the rx4 is going to be my primary.

Old 07-14-2020, 01:47 PM   #492

Quote:
If you want to cruise at 70 MPH get the TU or bigger.
This thread's been running a while, but I'll chip in my second of this opinion. After owning my 250RTG since the first of April, and now approaching 500 miles on the odometer, I can say I love the little bugger. It has no superior when it comes to in-town riding or long, leisurely rides on country roads. But a highway bike it is not.

Yes, the bike will do 70, or at least can be tweaked fairly simply to do so, and I do not question the engine is robust enough to take an incredible amount of that sort of use. It's the rest of the bike that makes me leery of contemplating or recommending that sort of speed as a regular thing. Remember, every component is the cheapest, or at least the least-expensive, item available; the wheels are poorly assembled (if you haven't already done it, go check the spokes for tightness NOW, before your next ride); the brakes, while adequate for normal use, are not of the quality I'd want to depend on for rapid deceleration in a real emergency at speed; the suspension, which is remarkable considering its simplicity, begins to feel distinctly sketchy at speeds over 60.

Would I venture an occasional 2-or-3 mile dash up the Interstate to get where I needed to be? Sure. Would I depend on the bike for daily commutes, even of fairly short length, on a superhighway? No, I would not. It is simply not designed or built to be used in an American highway environment.

And that's not knocking the bike! For pure fun on a budget, and loads of practical in-town use with a big dose of style, the 250RTG is darned hard to beat. But if highway use is big in your plans, save up more money and get yourself at the very least a TU 250 or similar.

Old 07-17-2020, 12:53 PM   #493

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldenslow View Post
This thread's been running a while, but I'll chip in my second of this opinion. After owning my 250RTG since the first of April, and now approaching 500 miles on the odometer, I can say I love the little bugger. It has no superior when it comes to in-town riding or long, leisurely rides on country roads. But a highway bike it is not.

Yes, the bike will do 70, or at least can be tweaked fairly simply to do so, and I do not question the engine is robust enough to take an incredible amount of that sort of use. It's the rest of the bike that makes me leery of contemplating or recommending that sort of speed as a regular thing. Remember, every component is the cheapest, or at least the least-expensive, item available; the wheels are poorly assembled (if you haven't already done it, go check the spokes for tightness NOW, before your next ride); the brakes, while adequate for normal use, are not of the quality I'd want to depend on for rapid deceleration in a real emergency at speed; the suspension, which is remarkable considering its simplicity, begins to feel distinctly sketchy at speeds over 60.

Would I venture an occasional 2-or-3 mile dash up the Interstate to get where I needed to be? Sure. Would I depend on the bike for daily commutes, even of fairly short length, on a superhighway? No, I would not. It is simply not designed or built to be used in an American highway environment.

And that's not knocking the bike! For pure fun on a budget, and loads of practical in-town use with a big dose of style, the 250RTG is darned hard to beat. But if highway use is big in your plans, save up more money and get yourself at the very least a TU 250 or similar.

How in the world did you get 70mph?!?! I can only get about 65 max out of mine and it screams doing so.
I have had mine sence April as well and I have 4k miles /6k kilometers on it. I have laid it down twice and fixed it.
My first real motorcycle ever.

The DF250RTG is the perfect bike for noobs like me, this amazing little bike gets the little noob owner to learn how to wrench on bikes like me. I also learned how to add new LEDs I am goin to post soon.

Little disappointed about the break light all in one strip but there is a trial and error, it isn't as bright I jeeded it to he but its brighter than my old light. I found a better light that is bright. On the good note the fork light leds are fuckin blindingly bright. It was very easy to Install them.

Old 07-29-2020, 10:05 PM   #494

Bought a new Ice Bear Vision 150cc scooter and have been riding it in the mountains of WNC and it does just fine. So I want to sell my DF250RTG.
The DF is in very good condition with two small dents in the tank from being knocked over in a parking lot. About 1800 KMs on it. Price $900. Clean Florida title.
Bike in located at our cabin close to Robbinsville,NC.
Photo album at
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...VTTG52bGNXZWtB

Please email me at skeekahcove@gmail.com if interested.

Sold the Ice Bear Champion in record time. One day.

Last edited by Barnone; 07-30-2020 at 06:16 PM.

Old 07-30-2020, 10:46 PM   #495

If only you were closer to philly, I would take it off your hands.