Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2019, 05:06 AM   #436

Trying to stay away as much as possible, though I will be down there Wednesday-Friday next week.
One of the last good guys walked at the end of last month. In his exit interview he said that “Management can’t find their ass even when their head is in it”., and walked out of the interview.
Newest thing for the Field Service guys, Jason and I, is that we won’t be called down there unless there is a machine that needs to be tested and inspected before shipping. And it has to be ready to ship. I think that glimmer of Common Sense came from accounting once they saw what it has cost to have Jason and I flying all over the country to put out brush fires. And for us to be there. Jason and I have been saying that for a year. I’ve also added that we are there to do that one thing and one thing only. No “can you find this”, can you take a picture of this”, “call this guy”. You do that and I’m driving to CHS and flying home.
Our Canadian brethren are just as screwed up. I’m in Montreal this week ‘helping’ with an install. Their field guy gave management the finger and took the entire month off. I guess he spent the entire year canceling vacations and appointments and said enough is enough, fcuk you, see you in January.

One year, ten months.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 12-11-2019, 05:16 AM   #437

Can’t wait to see the travel specs for this year. I do know Saturday will be 60 flights on AA. Next week is on United and I will only have 4 with them. 64 airplane rides in a year is too many.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 12-12-2019, 05:51 AM   #438

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
64 airplane rides in a year is too many.
I don't think so, but that's because I'm usually the one flying the plane. 64 flights commercial, now that's a whole different ball of wax. I can't stand flying commercial anymore. Hope things work out for you and they get their act together, Cheesy.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 12-12-2019, 06:01 AM   #439

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
I don't think so, but that's because I'm usually the one flying the plane. 64 flights commercial, now that's a whole different ball of wax. I can't stand flying commercial anymore. Hope things work out for you and they get their act together, Cheesy.
Good point, Em.

Pretty much given up any hope of them fixing this mess they made. Just around for the popcorn.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 12-12-2019, 01:39 PM   #440

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
Good point, Em.

Pretty much given up any hope of them fixing this mess they made. Just around for the popcorn.
Sounds like you just need to have Em fly you around. win/win!

Old 12-15-2019, 08:08 AM   #441

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
We’d probably spring for an old worn out South American DC-3 that they’d want me to teach myself how to fly and maintain it. Then they’d bitch about all the costs.

Spent the week in Montreal, filling in for my counterpart, Hal, who is recovering from wrist surgery. Our Canadian branch is just as screwed up on the Sales and Management sides as us. The customer told me if it wasn’t for Hal and myself, he’d quit dealing with us. Should have seen the look on his face when I told him Hal is retiring next year and I’m done the following year.
Anyway, four long days working on a machine that was poorly prepped in SC. I did eat well, the hotel did have a decent restaurant. Thursday night, I met up with a young friend for dinner at a place called Poutineville. First time I’d had poutine. I have a new favorite food.
The flights were annoying. Flight out of Chicago was two hours late. Once we got to the gate, the jet bridge had problems and it took a half hour to get it to the plane. 45 minutes to clear Immigration and Customs, 20 minutes to find my rental. Pretty much wasted that day.
Return was no better. Took an hour to clear US security, Immigration and Customs in Montreal. Flight did leave on time and landed in Chicago 45 minutes early. However, because we were so early, we didn’t have an arrival gate. So, we ended up a half hour late when we did get a gate. Way to go, AA and O’hare.

I feel that I can start using months now. 22 months to go.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 12-15-2019, 01:39 PM   #442

I'm picturing Air America.

Old 12-18-2019, 08:53 AM   #443

On my way down to SC for my last trip of the year. Is going too prove interesting. Our Midwestern Sales Rep turned in his resignation yesterday and is going to a competitor. I understand our counter offer to him was pretty shitty. I’ve talked Jason into applying for the position because it would be a good fit for him. He’d get to stay home and see his kids more.

In other news, though I have heard it before, is that the camels back has finally been broken and major house cleaning starts January 2, from the top down. I’ll know today if it’s true or more BS, but this one has a bit more ominous sound to it. I think I’m safe, though.

I will not be wrenching this week because I have either tendinitis or a torn rotator cuff. My doc gave me the name of his shoulder guy if the pain doesn’t ease up by New Years. Left shoulder is worse than the right and I sleep on my left side. I had my first decent nights sleep since Friday last night without pain killers.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 12-18-2019, 12:27 PM   #444

This works for me: https://www.sunbeam.ca/en_CA/pain-re...AD-MASTER.html
The heating pad, a short glass with ice and your favourite whisky, while watching a movie will bring loads of relief. It plugs in, so you'll need an assistant to refill your glass.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-18-2019, 04:37 PM   #445

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
This works for me: https://www.sunbeam.ca/en_CA/pain-re...AD-MASTER.html
The heating pad, a short glass with ice and your favourite whisky, while watching a movie will bring loads of relief. It plugs in, so you'll need an assistant to refill your glass.

no ice, chilled whiskey and a chilled glass....LOL

Old 12-18-2019, 06:32 PM   #446

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
I actually took a look at picking this one up last week. I'm kicking myself for not buying it on the spot, but the real estate investment thing is doing really well, just not that well... Maybe next year.

http://chinariders.net/attachment.ph...1&d=1576711896
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Arrow III.JPG (68.7 KB, 98 views)

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 12-18-2019, 07:25 PM   #447

Starting to look like tendinitis. I bought a heated deep massager last spring for my right shoulder. A real PITA to set up and use, but it does a great job. Tried it on my left shoulder last night. Bliss. Just wish it wasn’t so damn big.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 12-18-2019, 10:19 PM   #448

Aspercream is a god-send. They have a warming gel version now, too. Might be worth looking into. Hope you come out of the house cleaning smelling like roses!

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 12-21-2019, 05:47 AM   #449

The house cleaning to be is official. The only department coming out unscathed is mine. So far. I still offer myself as a tribute, though.

Two reasons I went down were to train the one in-house service guy to inspect and troubleshoot a rail grinder that has never been a problem to having a 100% failure rate. I was blunt in my report that the increase in the production rate coupled with reductions in final testing and inspections at the factory in France were to blame. I also put in that the folks with the MBAs that initiated the changes should go work for our competitors and let those who know how to do it right run the show.

Second reason was to test and inspect a new crane with a computerized hydraulic control system. I was not impressed. Some of the stuff I put down in my report I noted a year ago. Still not fixed. Because it was the first one we built with this system, I expected some glitches. I did not expect some control functions to be completely wrong. Some were there, but didn’t work. Some functions were even missing.

So, the COO gets the whole crew together at the machine yesterday morning to go through my report. Got a lot of hemming and hawing from everyone, then our arrogant CE opened his mouth and, to me, said it was fine and if I had a problem, I should have been there to supervise. I went fcuking ballistic. The COO tried to step in and stop it from happening but Harold grabbed his shoulder and told him I was on a roll and to let me go. In a nutshell and without all the f-bombs, it boiled down to; that I would not put an operator in that seat until it was fixed, to stay out of my projects unless asked, and that he should get his money back for his degree. God, I was pissed.

What I can gather so far about the upcoming reorg(I’ve lost count on which one we’re at) CEO, CE; along with most of the Engineering Staff, QC, and PM are all on the chopping block as is most of CS and a lot of personnel on the floor. Possible Sales Staff cuts, too.

I think they are finally serious.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 12-21-2019, 10:00 AM   #450

Apply for the CEO position. If they can you, at least you'll have a golden parachute!