Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2020, 08:51 AM   #31

I actually attempted to go back to work. The company I work for had physical inventory last week and i was needed. I was basically at a desk most of the time. I saw my Dr on Thursday and I had no physical bone healing improvement. He informed me again if the bone doesn’t heal he’d have to do a partial shoulder replacement. The bone is fractured just below the ball . So I’m moving to much and the bone is shifting. I can feel it move, so it’ll never heal.I informed my boss I’m taking off for a few weeks or allow me to work from home. I’m home now. I’m stubborn and hate feeling helpless so I attempted to do too much.

I am feeling better and have more mobility. That’s the problem I think I can do more and really need to rest. I can once again dress myself and put on a pair of slip on shoes. It’s amazing how much you take for granted. As long as I don’t move I’m fine, the pain has subsided a lot. Sleeping is another story. It’s difficult to sleep upright in a bed an get the arm comfortable. Anyone who has experienced a shoulder injury will understand.

I’ve been looking at chest protectors with shoulder guards on Cycle Gear. Anyone have any feed back on a particular one?

Thanks for checking in on me Ina Ditch. I haven’t checked out just yet!
2022 GPX FSE 450R

Old 06-27-2020, 02:08 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spins View Post
It’s difficult to sleep upright in a bed an get the arm comfortable. Anyone who has experienced a shoulder injury will understand.
I can, but my two left clavicle fractures (actually same fracture redone one month later) and my right one have been hairline. Hence, 2 weeks of really uncomfortable pain, and then by week 4, virtually none. So I can only partially 'feel ya' on the pain. Sorry to hear you have so much damage! But, you will get better and back to normal. Just rest and more rest, and pain meds every so often. I tried to avoid the meds not so much because I don't 'believe' in them, but I wanted to know how much in pain I was compared to the day before. That, and what you mentioned about doing too much, too soon. With it numb, you tend to bite off more than you can chew. Fortunately for me, hairline fractures never really got worse--just hurt!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-27-2020, 04:57 PM   #33

Man, none of that sounds good except the diminishing pain. I have torn both of my shoulders up but nothing anywhere near what you are dealing with. I understand about work as well, if the saw bones is right with his diagnoses I probably would be fine now had I just took a week off to rest and heal. I am only scheduled to work 3 days next week but if there isn't a marked improvement by tomorrow afternoon I am taking those 3 to. my job is physical and there is no such thing as light duty, I just don't have it in me to be a spectator. Keep us posted, I know many of us are praying for you and want you healthy again.
Good luck with everything.

Old 06-27-2020, 06:59 PM   #34

Hey Spins... chiming in to say "Glad you are OK and alive and as good as you can be at the moment" ... heal up and take it one day at a time.

... ride safe.

Last edited by kingofqueenz; 06-27-2020 at 07:36 PM.

Old 06-30-2020, 09:25 AM   #35

Hey Spin's, how are you feeling today, any improvement?

Old 06-30-2020, 10:53 AM   #36

Morning everyone,

I’m feeling better every day. The bone in my arm hasn’t shifted in several days . So I’m confident it has set and is finally mending. Sleeping a little better too.
The group in the garage is calling my name. lol

Attached Images
File Type: jpg FFCB06BF-A23F-4825-B6A2-D31C59C59ECA.jpg (20.2 KB, 373 views)
2022 GPX FSE 450R

Old 06-30-2020, 11:55 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
i know that pain all too well.... i clean broke 3" above the elbow and fractured down into the elbow joint in 3 places falling off a bicycle when i was 15... that was a 6 day hospital stay and 2 surgeries, 9 screws and a plate later, im back together again....
just remembered i had a pic of my arm xray after it got put back together... even thinking about bone shift and it makes my arm hurt, and thats 16 yrs later....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00165.jpg (17.6 KB, 382 views)

Old 07-15-2020, 09:43 PM   #38

How are you coming along Spins? I had an MRI today and hope it explains why I am not healed yet, the timing sucks because I have always healed up quickly and since I am a few months from 60 it makes me wonder if this is going to be the new normal.

I hope you are healing well and get back to normal soon though I realize your injuries are much more extensive than what I am dealing with. are you still wrestling with what will become of your bikes or have you made a decision? It would be a hard decision for me as well, that may be why I am not healed, I kept trying to ride it a couple of times a week and the smallest bump would send me back to the shop to put it up but I just couldn't leave it alone.
Wishing you well,
I.D.

Old 07-15-2020, 10:43 PM   #39

It’s been a slow process. I’m actually going back to the DR tomorrow for a check up. I’ve been battling with Covid 19 symptoms for over a week now. My test results came back negative, but I definitely have a bug of some kind.

I actually started all my toys yesterday. I’m planning on keeping them for now as long as the DR gives me good news tomorrow. If I must have surgery, I might sell everything and focus on healing and start over at a later date. Surgery will be a long road and I wouldn’t be able to ride for a undetermined amount of time.
2022 GPX FSE 450R

Old 07-15-2020, 11:03 PM   #40

Thanks for the update. Glad you don't have c19. I hope you get good news tomorrow.

Old 07-15-2020, 11:09 PM   #41

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ina Ditch View Post
How are you coming along Spins? I had an MRI today and hope it explains why I am not healed yet, the timing sucks because I have always healed up quickly and since I am a few months from 60 it makes me wonder if this is going to be the new normal.

I hope you are healing well and get back to normal soon though I realize your injuries are much more extensive than what I am dealing with. are you still wrestling with what will become of your bikes or have you made a decision? It would be a hard decision for me as well, that may be why I am not healed, I kept trying to ride it a couple of times a week and the smallest bump would send me back to the shop to put it up but I just couldn't leave it alone.
Wishing you well,
I.D.
Please let us know how your MRI comes out. Hear's hoping you get healed ASAP.

Old 07-16-2020, 03:22 PM   #42

Well, back from the, Dr with mixed reviews. My arm is healing and I get out of my sling after another week. I start physical therapy as well. My Dr still didn’t rule out surgery and let me know that if things didn’t go well the surgery isn’t something that’s easily recovered from.
My arm also has a splinter of a bone just hanging out there. I asked what’s the plan here. He basically said that after a year my body should incorporate it back within the bone. A year guys! Looking at the x ray , I’d definitely would not want to take another hit in that area.

Torn here.
2022 GPX FSE 450R

Old 07-16-2020, 06:59 PM   #43

Man, I was hoping for better news for you. hopefully it will turn up from here. Glad the 19er didn't get you but sick is sick I guess. Thanks Merlin, they called with my MRI results this morning and said I have 2 herniated or ruptured disc, I can't remember which. so far I have only seen a N.P. and have offered nothing but P.T. and pain management what ever that is. I told them I have been trying to do the exercises I was given and someday's I can do them and someday's I am crippled for a day after so it must be affecting a nerve. I have to pay every time I go to P.T. so I am not eager to do that when I can do it at home. I go back to the N.P. next week and I am going to ask him if it can be fixed or not, that's really all I need to know and if I don't get a straight and direct answer I am going to tell him I want to see a real doctor. He breezes in and out in 5 minutes like he gets paid by the piece or something.
Keep your chin up Spins and I hope you are feeling better very soon.

Old 07-16-2020, 08:01 PM   #44

Quote:
Man, I was hoping for better news for you. hopefully it will turn up from here. Glad the 19er didn't get you but sick is sick I guess. Thanks Merlin, they called with my MRI results this morning and said I have 2 herniated or ruptured disc, I can't remember which. so far I have only seen a N.P. and have offered nothing but P.T. and pain management what ever that is. I told them I have been trying to do the exercises I was given and someday's I can do them and someday's I am crippled for a day after so it must be affecting a nerve. I have to pay every time I go to P.T. so I am not eager to do that when I can do it at home. I go back to the N.P. next week and I am going to ask him if it can be fixed or not, that's really all I need to know and if I don't get a straight and direct answer I am going to tell him I want to see a real doctor. He breezes in and out in 5 minutes like he gets paid by the piece or something.
Keep your chin up Spins and I hope you are feeling better very soon.
Sorry to hear about your disc issues. I definitely understand about the minimal time the Dr’s. spend with you. It’s an ongoing issue everywhere I go in Central Florida. I miss my Dr in S Florida. You had to wait to see him but he put real time in with each of his patients.
2022 GPX FSE 450R

Old 07-17-2020, 11:55 AM   #45

Quote:
......I am a few months from 60 it makes me wonder if this is going to be the new normal.
Unfortunately, yes.

Glad to hear everyone is on the mend, albeit slow. The problem is our inner teenager has a tendency to ignore the overall chassis condition.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350