Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2018, 04:20 PM   #31

Nice work man.What section is that bracket in at the hardware store?

Old 04-03-2018, 04:31 PM   #32

fender delete items

Quote:
Originally Posted by KABANSKI View Post
Nice work man.What section is that bracket in at the hardware store?
I should have mentioned slotted angle beams:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt...1327/204225770

the ends(i drilled holes in center for turn signals.:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt...5442/202034088
the stock blinkers stuck out too far and i cut the rubber mid-section in half. prob wld look better with new
set of blinkers. but it looks fine since i shortened the blinker mount. i do have universal plate led light coming so cost is pushing $30 with that...still worth it. i was loosing sleep with that ugly fender. .
I am sure the many we see on ebay will work fine with drilling holes.....i just couldn't wait....

Old 04-03-2018, 05:53 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by imapdog View Post
where can i get one?
Cajunmaddogs
Pitster Pro
Tboltusa

Old 04-03-2018, 06:56 PM   #34

Quote:
I should have mentioned slotted angle beams:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt...1327/204225770

the ends(i drilled holes in center for turn signals.:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt...5442/202034088
the stock blinkers stuck out too far and i cut the rubber mid-section in half. prob wld look better with new
set of blinkers. but it looks fine since i shortened the blinker mount. i do have universal plate led light coming so cost is pushing $30 with that...still worth it. i was loosing sleep with that ugly fender. .
I am sure the many we see on ebay will work fine with drilling holes.....i just couldn't wait....
Thanks I may do it like that it looks good...

Old 05-07-2018, 06:53 PM   #35

Potentially unrelated but how long do these bikes last? Assuming I take good care of it, keep up with maintenance and such how long can I make one of these work? Ive rebuilt a couple motors so I'm not afraid of mechanical work(But I dont always enjoy it Lol) Shopping for my brother!

Old 05-25-2018, 05:09 AM   #36

Quote:
front sprocket confirmation: stock is 14t
https://www.ebay.com/itm/17Tooth-428...edirect=mobile
oh man I just don't know how you and some people find parts for Venom bikes..

it's not like you can type in "Venom X22" and eBay will show you sprocket for it

Old 05-26-2018, 12:52 AM   #37

How do you like that carb spinner? I ordered one, seem pretty convenient.

Old 05-30-2018, 03:46 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
oh man I just don't know how you and some people find parts for Venom bikes..

it's not like you can type in "Venom X22" and eBay will show you sprocket for it
It's a pit bike motor. The same sprocket for the grom works. For my Icebear Fuerza, I used a Grom 17T sprocket.

Old 05-30-2018, 03:52 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinabike View Post
How do you like that carb spinner? I ordered one, seem pretty convenient.
it works good, make sure you get the one with mounting bolts included. i spent too much time trying to find some. ended up grinding down some tapered screws.
the standard hardware-store bolts dont seat flush with top of plate so i carefully grind them down to flush so pipe can mount flush. hopefully the ones that include bolts dont have this issue i found myself in...otherwise its your only option as i have tried the swivel-pipe style with three mount position choices and it didnt work out for the x22-s.

Old 05-30-2018, 04:02 PM   #40

quick 1000 mile update.

my son liked this bike so much he bought it from me. he rides the heck out of it almost everyday rain or shine. only problem so far is the carb isolator cracked and wasnt running good. replaced it and seems like a good solid bike. i think any venom bike that ships from them directly in canada is a good solid machine. my son loves it so far. i watch him returning home sometimes and admire it a lot still. nothing has rattled out yet either. doent seem to develop any vibrations and still smooth as baby's behind on the pavement. very nimble and easy to ride. oil looks good every change. the flat black paint has held up very well. no complaints as of 1k miles....

Last edited by imapdog; 05-30-2018 at 05:27 PM.

Old 05-31-2018, 03:11 PM   #41

Quote:
it works good, make sure you get the one with mounting bolts included. i spent too much time trying to find some. ended up grinding down some tapered screws.
the standard hardware-store bolts dont seat flush with top of plate so i carefully grind them down to flush so pipe can mount flush. hopefully the ones that include bolts dont have this issue i found myself in...otherwise its your only option as i have tried the swivel-pipe style with three mount position choices and it didnt work out for the x22-s.
Thanks for the reply. I got mine yesterday, I got lucky the two tappered bolt came with it. That sucks you had to grind them down, no leaks? I do have the swivel-pipe style with three mount position on my bike now. Everything is pretty good now so i'm not going to put the spinner on untill i have a major issue or get a new engine. But i love the idea of just being able to have the spinner mounted all the time to the engine... Then you take intake pipe off with out unbolting from head.

Old 05-31-2018, 03:54 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinabike View Post
Thanks for the reply. I got mine yesterday, I got lucky the two tappered bolt came with it. That sucks you had to grind them down, no leaks? I do have the swivel-pipe style with three mount position on my bike now. Everything is pretty good now so i'm not going to put the spinner on untill i have a major issue or get a new engine. But i love the idea of just being able to have the spinner mounted all the time to the engine... Then you take intake pipe off with out unbolting from head.
they are pretty neat to have on hand for these issues seem to come up a lot. i would love to see a pic of the position you have the 3-position pipe in. or which holes, carb brand, and filter type..i remember trying the positions but couldnt find a position that worked on my vm22 on a 125cc

Old 05-31-2018, 06:37 PM   #43

Quote:
they are pretty neat to have on hand for these issues seem to come up a lot. i would love to see a pic of the position you have the 3-position pipe in. or which holes, carb brand, and filter type..i remember trying the positions but couldnt find a position that worked on my vm22 on a 125cc
Here you go.

Old 06-20-2018, 11:49 AM   #44

2k miles now; all good with just oil changes and carb spinner.....

i am totally impressed with this 125cc venom x22-s.
the style never fades away, and pretty much everything has held
up as good as new. had to replace the spinner adaptor for the carb.
i went with the gasket style(old was o-ring style) this time around and got one that came with bolts..
huge difference in being able to torque it down properly. all maint so far is carb spinner and oil changes....we couldn't be happier with this bike. stock exhaust is good!....my son loves it! he rides almost everyday rain or shine. perfect for cruising around town. tops out about 55 and can maintain that speed with him(5'10" 175 lb). i would like to hear from the venom 250cc guys/girls..not much talk on these bikes, but they are very well made chondas.....
carb spinner that works better than previous link i posted.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/26mm-Carb-C...72.m2749.l2649

Attachment 13445

Last edited by imapdog; 02-14-2020 at 08:48 AM.

Old 08-23-2018, 08:54 AM   #45

i think my son will remember this summer of 2018

pushing 3k miles this spring summer alone. the paper gasket style carb spinner has performed flawlessly along with vm22 carb(the one that is stamped made in "Jafan"). all we have done is change oil and put gas in her. it runs 55mph(gps) easy...here is a pic in grandmas yard last evening... this is his first motorcycle, and couldn't be more pleased.
Attachment 14015

Last edited by imapdog; 02-14-2020 at 08:48 AM.