Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2010, 06:19 PM   #31

Waynec's spacers were some 3/4" plywood circles to add up to about 3" wide and were then fiberglassed and drilled to match the bolt circle, he then used longer bolts to bolt the wheels to the hub.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:56 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynev
Waynec's spacers were some 3/4" plywood circles to add up to about 3" wide and were then fiberglassed and drilled to match the bolt circle, he then used longer bolts to bolt the wheels to the hub.
honestly? i have a feeling that that really wouldnt hold up...

Old 05-15-2010, 12:59 AM   #33

maybe this will work http://www.jetmotousa.com/view_part.htm?pid=2548542
YTX14-BS battery mod,gy6 carb 250cc,custom intake,125cc cf dirtbike muffler,MPR filter/intake,performance cdi,ngk iridium xi dpr8eix-9,performance coil pack and wire, pro taper handle bar, Gio air shocks, yam swing arm bus

Old 05-15-2010, 01:34 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ripper
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynev
honestly? i have a feeling that that really wouldnt hold up...
Yes, i got that feeling too, hopefully that is not the reason that we haven't heard from him on here for awhile.

Old 05-15-2010, 02:16 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyfa18
that is exactly what i am looking at but many other forums have said they are hard on your hubs. and with the quality of the metal in these chinese bikes im not sure they would hold up well. also i am not really willing to pay 80 dollars for a hunk of metal like that i can get new wheels with a good offset for the same amount.

Old 05-16-2010, 02:00 AM   #36

well what about add the wheel and tires from the 2010 GIO Rebel T3 200cc,
tire size

Front:21x7.00-10
Rear:21x10.00-8

i wonder how it would look?? but down side i thing it will slow you down ???
YTX14-BS battery mod,gy6 carb 250cc,custom intake,125cc cf dirtbike muffler,MPR filter/intake,performance cdi,ngk iridium xi dpr8eix-9,performance coil pack and wire, pro taper handle bar, Gio air shocks, yam swing arm bus

Old 05-16-2010, 09:14 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyfa18
well what about add the wheel and tires from the 2010 GIO Rebel T3 200cc,
tire size

Front:21x7.00-10
Rear:21x10.00-8

i wonder how it would look?? but down side i thing it will slow you down ???
looks really isnt what im going for so i dontcare about how it will look.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:37 PM   #38

Sorry for being mute..........must have been snoozing. My spacer is just fine. I am confident its bulletproof. Sorry for dropping the pictures ...i was doing a cleanup and did not think they were too pertinent given most peoples sceptecism of epoxy and ply for this application. I added the spacer because on my beast one rear wheel was well inside the front as compared to the other.

The important part of adding the almost 3 inches that I did was to have drilled out the threads in the hub bolts so I could extend from the inside of the hub..new bolts... that provided compression for my ply and epoxy assembly for proper curing. They also became integral to the hub as they are 'welded'in place by the epoxy mixture. I now have nylock nuts fitted to those bolts that hold the wheel on....waynec

Old 05-16-2010, 10:45 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynec
Sorry for being mute..........must have been snoozing. My spacer is just fine. I am confident its bulletproof. Sorry for dropping the pictures ...i was doing a cleanup and did not think they were too pertinent given most peoples sceptecism of epoxy and ply for this application. I added the spacer because on my beast one rear wheel was well inside the front as compared to the other.

The important part of adding the almost 3 inches that I did was to have drilled out the threads in the hub bolts so I could extend from the inside of the hub..new bolts... that provided compression for my ply and epoxy assembly for proper curing. They also became integral to the hub as they are 'welded'in place by the epoxy mixture. I now have nylock nuts fitted to those bolts that hold the wheel on....waynec
can u plz post the pic

Old 05-16-2010, 10:54 PM   #40

I don't have them anymore.....computer crash since then. My beast is at the cottage and I just got back. I will snap more on the weekend and post for you.

I was just reviewing that thread and got another chuckle out of waynev admiring the size of my .....

On an unrelated note I jumped my chain again today. I have prevoiusly removed a link (2) and replaced my swingarm bushings....but still...

I was going uphill...slow... and I suspect it was just the extra torque involved as opposed to an alignment issue. I added more tension and maybe that was all it was....time will tell.
waynec

Old 05-18-2010, 06:52 PM   #41

im just wondering how much abuse your quad takes cuz im deffinatly pretty rough when it comes to riding would a spacer like that eb able to handle some pretty hard riding? i am also thinking of fabbing a chain guide in hopes of solving my chain issues.= just thought i would throw that in there incase anyone hase some input.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:14 PM   #42

Maybe I missed something there. Can you start a new thread regarding your chain issues?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-18-2010, 09:25 PM   #43

I am not comfortble touting my own concoction, however...epoxy and eglass are used in the most high tech, record setting sailing cats in the world in extremely high load and very stressed locations. I am not rough with my beast...but I submitt you would be hard pressed to destroy my hub/spacer with a sledge.......waynec

Nothing more to add on the chain.......just that it jumped...i think...around the circumference due to lack of tension. I am hoping anyway...

Old 05-18-2010, 10:22 PM   #44

^^^^^^^

do u find your beast handles better with the spacer????

Old 05-18-2010, 10:40 PM   #45

Yes its a more stable feel...turning left is similar to going right now... before It always felt more tippy fading right. Also... my wheel space specs were so far out of whack compared to all others reported. Maybe yours is fine? I did mine because it looked so out of balance and as I am a stubborn prick i hated it being so ....'off'.........waynec