Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2010, 08:26 PM   #31

Location: Wheeling, WV native currently living In Natchitoches, LA
Send a message via AIM to BrianW
I've got a 46t rear and a 17t sprocket set that I have used on my Lifan. This is the stock set up for my bike and I have always easily reached 60mph and 65mph when I really am trying. If you are interested in these sprockets, send me a pm.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:12 PM   #32

Ert you may need to change your myspace settings . i can't see your pics .

Old 06-09-2010, 06:47 AM   #33

Hi guys, this part on my bike rubbed against the exhaust and it's a little melted. Anyone know what the part is?

This thing has a tube that connects to the air filter; the tube was bent but I cut it shorter and the sputter seems to be gone.

Oh, if you can't find your neutral, it's definitely the oil. 20w50 Castro synthetic for bikes from Walmart works great. However, I kind of spilled 1/4 qt of it, and I've only 5w30 Mobile 1 synthetic around to replenish but it works fine.

---

Does anyone know where the oil filter is? How to get it and what kind of oil filter do I need? The oil filter looks like a drawing of a metal screen on roketa website.

---

What is 167FML engine? I read about the 163 and 169 but haven't found anything on 167FML.

---

You won't find a clutch or brake lever replacement that fits. A new one from Roketa is $15+$8 shipping and handling and plus tax in my case, so I found a temp: EMGO 32-69820 on ebay for $15 and will wait until I get a chance to drive by Ontario, CA where roketa is, to pickup both the brake and clutch lever and save the damn $16 on the shipping and handling.

---

Does XR200 clutch fits this bike?

---

I think I'll have to do something about the clutch return assembly because the adjustment... I'll shoot a picture to show later on.

---

I hope I'll answer most of these questions with photos along the way. Maybe these discussions can help other Roketa DB-05 owners out there.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:19 AM   #34

That looks like a pollution control device. On a typical dirt-only machine, you would have the carb overflow, the carb drain and the crankcase vent all pointing at the ground. During normal combustion, some of the air / fuel mixture will bypass the rings and end up in the crankcase; the vent (which is on top of the engine, right under the carb) normally has a hose that points to the ground, but might also tee off and connect to the air cleaner. The device you have likely stores the air / fuel pressure and releases it back into the carb. On a car, this is referred to as a PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) system.

I'm surprised that you found Castrol synthetic for bikes at WalMart. All i could find was conventional dino oil.

The oil plug and screen are at the left side of the engine, allowing for decent drainage while on the kickstand; it is not underneath the engine like other bikes. It is a large nut; somewhere near 1".

You can easily find generic brake and clutch levers at most bike shops and on eBay.

I presume that XR200 or XR200R clutch plates will fit, but you'd have to remove the side cover for visual confirmation. Not sure if that's what you're asking.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-09-2010, 12:54 PM   #35

Send a message via AIM to ErT
Quote:
Originally Posted by recracer
Ert you may need to change your myspace settings . i can't see your pics .
[img][/img]http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...dk should work

Old 06-09-2010, 02:07 PM   #36

I think you have to set your pics viewable to everyone , makes me sign in and then says wrong user id . I use myspace but nothing is set to private on mine .

Old 06-09-2010, 02:15 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by recracer
I think you have to set your pics viewable to everyone , makes me sign in and then says wrong user id . I use myspace but nothing is set to private on mine .
booo idk thats weird i have it set so anyone can view my pics... idk try this facebook one http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=-3&id=100000275222650&ref=pa

Old 06-10-2010, 01:48 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
That looks like a pollution control device. On a typical dirt-only machine, you would have the carb overflow, the carb drain and the crankcase vent all pointing at the ground. During normal combustion, some of the air / fuel mixture will bypass the rings and end up in the crankcase; the vent (which is on top of the engine, right under the carb) normally has a hose that points to the ground, but might also tee off and connect to the air cleaner. The device you have likely stores the air / fuel pressure and releases it back into the carb. On a car, this is referred to as a PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) system.

I'm surprised that you found Castrol synthetic for bikes at WalMart. All i could find was conventional dino oil.

The oil plug and screen are at the left side of the engine, allowing for decent drainage while on the kickstand; it is not underneath the engine like other bikes. It is a large nut; somewhere near 1".

You can easily find generic brake and clutch levers at most bike shops and on eBay.

I presume that XR200 or XR200R clutch plates will fit, but you'd have to remove the side cover for visual confirmation. Not sure if that's what you're asking.
---
Weldangrind, you're absolutely right. There is a tube points down.

In that case, I better go to Walmart and grab myself another just in case they discontinue it. There were only 3 on the shelf.

There's a drain plug at the bottom instead that big one where you said it is. I drained through the one at the very bottom because I didn't have a wrench big enough for the one on the side. I'll snap a few photos later.

I'll want to show someone the clutch return mechanism I was talking about and see if it's something I can adjust on my own by next oil change.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:40 PM   #39

Roketa DB05 RKM-200E5 Clutch adjustment oil drain plug

Here's the clutch cable adjustment at the clutch return assembly:

As you can see, the adjustment is completely out of room for me to go more towards the left. This was necessary because I used an after market clutch lever. Anyone know a solution to adjust it even more to the left? Is that clutch return assembly adjustable itself?

---

Here's the oil drain plug you're talking about. It's too big and kind of in the way.

Here's the oil drain plug at the bottom I drained it with. A lot smaller and much easier.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:29 AM   #40

On your clutch adjustment if I understand the problem, you can simply remove the nut on the left and adjust turn the adjustment screw out further. It is not ideal but give it a try and it will not move even without the nut on the left hanging there loose.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:01 PM   #41

The first thing I'd try is a different lever; they're cheap.

You should drain the oil via the large nut on the side, because that's where the filter is. I clean the filter screen at each oil change.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-11-2010, 02:02 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
The first thing I'd try is a different lever; they're cheap.

You should drain the oil via the large nut on the side, because that's where the filter is. I clean the filter screen at each oil change.
X2 on everything W&G said.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-12-2010, 02:14 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErT
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjack57
I've got a 07 hi bird that maxed at about 48 mph and at top end the engine rattled like over revving with insufficient load. I installed a 17/ 40 sprocket combo and it now keeps up with traffic at 60 mph and cruises well at 55 mph. I also put on a pod intake, drilled out the catalytic converter and slid the carburetor main needle cir clip down a notch. Runs much more better now. Good luck, jack
i might try this because all i need is 55mph to keep up with traffic to college... but remind you im a newb about working on bikes..
Don't worry; if you are willing to work on your bike, we will help you get it modified.

Spud
you think it will be easier to change the front sprocket instead of rear? its a 56 rear what do you think the front would be best for gearin it for onroad ? thanks http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?id=100000275222650&aid=-3

Old 06-12-2010, 02:29 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErT
Quote:
I've got a 07 hi bird that maxed at about 48 mph and at top end the engine rattled like over revving with insufficient load. I installed a 17/ 40 sprocket combo and it now keeps up with traffic at 60 mph and cruises well at 55 mph. I also put on a pod intake, drilled out the catalytic converter and slid the carburetor main needle cir clip down a notch. Runs much more better now. Good luck, jack
i might try this because all i need is 55mph to keep up with traffic to college... but remind you im a newb about working on bikes..
Don't worry; if you are willing to work on your bike, we will help you get it modified.

Spud
you think it will be easier to change the front sprocket instead of rear? its a 56 rear what do you think the front would be best for gearin it for onroad ? thanks http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?id=100000275222650&aid=-3
The Lifan owners can give you better sprocket recommendations than I, since I own a Zongshen 200GY-2 motorcycle. The transmission ratios for the Lifan bikes are different from the transmission ratios for the Zongshen 200GY-2.

Wjack57 is recommending a 17/40 gear combination, which gives a gear ratio of 2.35. If you keep your 56T rear sprocket, you would need a 24T countershaft sprocket to achieve a 2.35 ratio. I am pretty sure no one manufactures a countershaft sprocket that large. Therefore, you are either going to need to change both sprockets, or keep your 17T countershaft sprocket, and get a smaller rear sprocket.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-12-2010, 03:24 AM   #45

Quote:
my stock setup was 17/57... still not sure which sprockets fit.. so you would say 17/40 would be good ? http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?id=100000275222650&aid=-3