Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2012, 06:35 PM   #31

Nice looking machine!

I have no experience with a quad like yours, but it sure looks like the 250 that Baja offered, except that theirs was camo.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-29-2012, 12:07 AM   #32

Indeed! That's a nice looking ATV.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-29-2012, 11:59 AM   #33

Try these guys

http://www.motopartsmax.com/index.ph.../vehicle/tID/1

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 07-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #34

Thanks guys, still have some issues to work out but it is coming together pretty good and still over all pretty cheap still. Def not upset with the amount of money i have into it but cannot wait to get it all done.

Old 07-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #35

ball joints!

ok so now i am on to a new project with my quad.... tie rod ends and ball joints... i ordered ball joints from superscooterparts.com and when i recieved them they say that they are for a diamo scout. it doesnt mention the avalanche 250 but the appear to be the same size. i was wondering if anyone knows a trick to getting the old ones out before i try and tackle them tonight after work.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:10 PM   #36

Ok so I went out n was lookin at it and I see there is a c clip but comparing the new ball joints I have to what's on it it looks as though there is the a arm then a metal sleeve that goes into ball joint hole then the actual ball joint goes into that... does that seem correct? I hope so other wise they sent me wrong ones and they r horrible at returning emails and they NEVER answer the phone

Old 07-19-2012, 06:36 PM   #37

LOL very typical of most online retailers.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.

Pocket Bike Canada is a deceitful retailer.
Stay away from them.

Old 08-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #38

update

ok so its been a min since i have been on here but wanted to post an update... i made a mistake and put regular oil in the bike and the clutch started slipping... had to pull the case apart and clean the clutch but she is running good again. went out riding with a couple people on honda's and other machines and mine went everywhere theirs did. only complaint i have is the breaks on it really suck. They are cable brakes. i replaced the pads all the way around but they really dont stop the bike at all. Any suggestions out there? if you really jam on the foot brake it will lock up the rearend but the hand brakes pretty much dont even need to be there since they dont work anyways.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:02 AM   #39

I have cable brakes on the front of both of my quads, and they work well. For me, the secret is proper cable lubrication. I use Maxima Chain Wax for my cables.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-12-2012, 12:38 PM   #40

Ok I screwed up big time. I thought my oil was low and added reg motor oil... big mistake, now it won't move while I'm sitting on it. Clut=h slipping. I pulled it all apart n wondering if I can clean it and rough the surface of the clutch plates and centrifical clutch shoes and housing to bring it back to life. I hv read several things online that say all different things but so far u guys havnt steered me wrong.

Old 08-12-2012, 12:45 PM   #41

I would just change the oil, ride it until it heats up and then change it again. 15W40 Rotella is my favourite, and it's cheap at Walmart.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #42

As usual, I agree with Weld.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894