Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2009, 08:50 AM   #31

Gosh.... What a freakin Nightmare!

I Think I would take detailed photos of all the issues with the bike and
then email Vbike and tell him Flat out to Send the correct bike or your calling the Credit Card Company ASAP. Discussion time has ended....He needs to send out the correct bike Right now....

If he hesitates even one day, dispute the charges that day and send all the offending photos and photo's of what bike were supposed to receive to the Credit Card Company. Let him know this is your intention... Send his emails to you to them as well.

You definitely have shown more restraint than I have. I'm a loose cannon.

I think I would have just rented a truck for the weekend and told him to expect me there to swap out for the correct bike and a partial refund to cover the rental and fuel expenses.

This all kinda reminds me of my Deal with the (Semi) local American Lifan Dealer. If I knew he had another lf110gy-3 in stock I would have been waiting for him to show up with the Sheriff to swap mine out.

Thankfully American Lifan *Finally* went to bat for me and got it straightened out.

This Guy needs to make it happen for you Immediately if not Sooner!!!
Otherwise he can have a NASTY 8 page thread to look forward to and I will gladly bump it up everyday....

Old 04-30-2009, 11:00 AM   #32

Thanks for the encouragement and the advice, Dsrt4!!

Sounds like a good course of action!

I think I will do just as you described. I'm trying to be reasonable and patient and all that- and giving Tim every opportunity to make things right....but ultimately he doesn't want to do anything more than exchange a few minor parts- which will not solve the problems...and which will add to my expense.

I'd like to see him stand up and make things right. I know that it's a sticky situation when shipping heavy items is involved- but ultimately he should be more careful about what he ships out, and about the pics he puts up on his website and aboiut answering pre-purchase questions- and should make things right when he screws up.

Heck, I did nothing wrong. I asked a lot of questions ("It has the same motor as the V4SW? It has a better hitch? Bigger tires...??? Tim:"Yes boss! It the newer V4SW...trust me, you will like")and was yessed to death- and I looked carefully at the pcis on the site- It's not my fault that Tim ships me a model that is different/older than the one he described.

It's just so disappointing after the good experience i had with the V4SW!

There is another poster on this forum who has also had a terrible experience with Tim (I thought I was doing well avoiding the model that he purchased!), but he seems to be keeping it quiet publicly. I wish he'd also tell his story on the forum, as it might save others a ton of trouble down the road. (Since I seem to be the only complainer here so far, my story may not carry too much weight with other potential customers...but people might take notice if there were two people saying the same thing! -and this poor guy's story is worse than mine!)

And I seem to have gotten the double whammy- see my 300 Monster review if you haven't already!

Old 04-30-2009, 11:16 AM   #33

Oh and by-the-way,

I would like to appologize publicly for promoting Vbike in the past!

I sure hope that no one has had a bad experience after dealing with them based on my past enthusiasm.

They do sell some good models....and they are indeed better than a lot of the other internet sellers of Chinese bikes- so I'm not saying that if anyone orders from them they will be gypped....but, as with most internet dealers of Chinese bikes...you are rolling the dice when you order- and what you see, isn't always what you get. My recent experiences have proven that when it comes to major issues, Vbike does not resolve them- even for a good, repeat customer.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:14 PM   #34

I'm right there with you KD, the first time around dealing with Tim and the V4SW was fantastic. I think it's terrible what's going on, and at first I hard a hard time believing it, but now my tune has changed as well.

I was also told it was the same engine, better bike. After a serious and thorough search I have found out for sure that none of the KMD-ATV-57 old or new have the same engine as the V4SW. They have the same paint (green and gold) but it is for sure a different engine, different hoses, different style.

The fact that they are both a 250cc displacement does NOT make them the same engine Tim!

I was fortunate enough to be able to buy back my V4SW (well heh after my neighbor lost the screw to the clutch handle, the screws to the radiator fan, and the muffler bracket in the front actually sheered off the frame...) in almost the same condition.

In any event yeah, contact your card company ASAP, you've got plenty enough evidence to win the case. Good luck and I hope the best for you.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:18 PM   #35

I understand your frustration KD.But I do have to say after purchasing six different bikes fro Tim I have had no issues with him.I just received my scooter a month ago and it had a crack in the trunk.I just took a picture and a week later I had a new one + I didn't have to send the old one back.
I'm not defending him its just that for an online dealer and I have delt with a few VBike has been the best that I have delt with.
I hope you get your issuss resolved to you likeing.

2007 HI-BIRD 250
2007 Vbike V4S 250

Old 04-30-2009, 07:48 PM   #36

Awww...thanks, Dan! It makes this whole experience a little more tolerable knowing that yous[sic] guys are pulling for me!

Wow! I just checked Vbikes' site- looks like Tim has updated the site with pictures of the actual bikes that he has!! This is good for potential future buyers....but bad for me, in so far as proving my case!

At least maybe Tim will post actual pics of his bikes in the future- instead of the stock manufacturers pics.

As far as the case goes, it looks like it's just going to be my word now against Tim's. At least I have his email admitting that there is an old style and a new style....

Old 04-30-2009, 07:58 PM   #37

So what if he changed the pics??? There are at least 20 other guys that can vouch seeing the other pics on his site..

MAKE IT RIGHT TIM!!!! You have Customers here that are sticking up for you and some that you are leaving hanging.

Guess which ones are going to Bitch more...............

You should have a Truck backing up to your dock right now to get this Man's correct bike sent to him..

Old 04-30-2009, 08:01 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kczukiman
I understand your frustration KD.But I do have to say after purchasing six different bikes fro Tim I have had no issues with him.I just received my scooter a month ago and it had a crack in the trunk.I just took a picture and a week later I had a new one + I didn't have to send the old one back.
I'm not defending him its just that for an online dealer and I have delt with a few VBike has been the best that I have delt with.
I hope you get your issuss resolved to you likeing.
Amazing! Even to just straighten out the different-size tire issue, he wanted me to send the tires back before he'd exchange them (even after I sent him pictures of all 4, showing clearly the size markings on the side.

And even when I had the issue with my V4SW's rear brakes not working- I had to send the old system back...which he then tried to repair and sent back to me- and it still didn't work...then he finally shipped me out a brand new one only after i sent him the tracking number proving that I had remailed the old (un)repaired one back to him again.

I wonder why he's treating me like this? I never had any problems with him prior to this- and our phone conversations and emails were always friendly and pleasant. Strange.

I know he does seem to have an excellent reputation- and I still think that he is better than most of the other internet dealers. Maybe he's just a scatterbrain and doesn't remember what he tells us on the phone.

...and it's not like I'm some fussy customer who always has problems with everything. Quite the opposite- I do my research and usually get exactly what I've bargained for and never have a problem. And on the rare occasion that I have a problem with something or someone, it can almost always be resolved ammiccably. So I don't know why Tim is giving me such a hard time- especially after all the good publicity I've given him on the net and amongst my friends and neighbors- I had nothing but praise for him and his products before this incident- and as long as he'd describe the 250T accurately, it's not such a bad bike...but it's just wrong of him to say that it's the same as the V4SW.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:06 PM   #39

Hehe...good ol' Dsrt4!

Ya know, funny thing- I even gave Tim the URL to this thread, hoping that he'd reply here; and that maybe it would help us to resolve the problem without going to a third party.

Seems like he's not interested though.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:13 PM   #40

What are you trying to Convey with this Video?

Old 04-30-2009, 09:05 PM   #41

Oh...that's a clip from an old movie that I posted for a friend of mine. I find the political-incorrectness of it hilarious. (You'd really have to see the movie to appreciate the clip though- as earlier, the black guy (whom my black frtiend refers to as a "black-power mow-mow") was acting all gung-ho around an elderly white man, and even chiding his wife for "working for whitey"- so he is sort of getting his comeupance there, as the thugs proceed to pick on him,, as they do to everyone else on the train, also)

I was actually terrified the first time i saw that movie- (bear in mind that I Lived in New York City in the 70's and 80's and rode the subways often)- it is really an intense and terrifying drama about these 2 drunken thugs who terrorize everyone aboard the train.

If you ever want to see it, it can be had cheaply, as it is in the public domain- it is "The Incident" starring Tony Musante, Beau Bridges (debut role), Marin Sheen, Ed McMahon, Ruby Dee- from 1967. A lost classic.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:21 PM   #42

I just saw the movie a few weeks ago on Youtube. Someone has it in several parts.

I forgot how much of a Cogsugger the black guy was...

Old 04-30-2009, 10:02 PM   #43

That short clip at the end was from The Taking Of Pelham 1-2-3....another great movie. (Although these are kind of "modern" for me...I generally only watch stuff from the 30's and 40's)

Old 05-02-2009, 01:46 PM   #44

Re: Vbike 250T Review (250T vs. V4SW) Lots O'Pics

KD:

Looking at purchasing one of these Quads shortly, the KMD ATV-57 version with the flying machine sticker. Will debadge those stickers immediately upon receipt, but specifically, I want to know how bright are the headlights and what bulbs do they use?

Thanks bud, and good review, I hope your notchy transmission got resolved, I also found the Rotella 15-40 oil helped smooth out all of my Zongshen Sierras, hope it helps you as well.

Old 05-02-2009, 02:05 PM   #45

Re: Vbike 250T Review (250T vs. V4SW) Lots O'Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex
KD:

Looking at purchasing one of these Quads shortly, the KMD ATV-57 version with the flying machine sticker. Will debadge those stickers immediately upon receipt, but specifically, I want to know how bright are the headlights and what bulbs do they use?

Thanks bud, and good review, I hope your notchy transmission got resolved, I also found the Rotella 15-40 oil helped smooth out all of my Zongshen Sierras, hope it helps you as well.
Hello, Bex! I certainly hope you are well, and enjoying life on your beautiful island in the Carribean!

The Shell Rotella T motor oil is superb. If you haven't already done so, try a quart of the Shell Rotella T 5W-40 Synthetic oil!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894