Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2012, 06:33 AM   #31

Ouch!!! You can just jam a high compression piston in her and be done with it. There is WAY more aftermarket parts for the brand name bikes!!

I would LOVE to drop a CRF 230 engine in my bike, with a high compression piston and aftermarket cam and see what THAT would be like. Even a CRF 250R engine would be wild!

I think the car has magnaflow mufflers on her now. I was checking it out and it has these 3" tips that say magnaflow on them. I know they are not factory mufflers, and she is quite loud. I need to do a complete walk around video and post it online.

Old 06-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #32

I re-read my post, and I can see where I might not have explained myself well. The engine I got from Kato came with a broken valve. Yeah, I could drop a Wiseco in there, but we're going for an econo build with this one and teaching the lad in the process. Besides, I found a piston of the correct bore with new rings on it in my pile o' crap.

Isn't your engine already the equivalent of what you could do with a CRF230? Your engine is already that size, and you've modified it for higher compression. I can't see how a CRF230 would be an improvement, except for parts support.

Looking forward to the Buick vids. Do you plan to keep the cats? I would, since they really help the atmosphere, and they aren't terribly restrictive. I just ran Son of Weldangrind's Ranger through AirCare (the emission testing program in BC), and the numbers were awesome. We got 0.00 Hydrocarbons at idle, and that's with 337000km on the clock! BTW, the new 02 sensor and cats are responsible for the excellent numbers.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-12-2012, 11:30 AM   #33

These old Buicks bring back memories. My father in law had a Riviera w/ the engine package w/ the blower / supercharger and would always have me drive. For a big boat that car had some giddy-up and was fun to drive...nicely responsive at speed, 60-80 on the highway was effortless.

He traded it in after not to long for a newer Riviera without the engine package uprgrade...he was thrilled that the newer car had heated seats...what a dog the base car was compared to the car w/ the blower...some just don't get it I guess???