Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2024, 10:13 AM   #31

I'm afraid I can't really get a handle on what I'm seeing. Could you possibly back the camera off about six feet for a side view?

Old 02-13-2024, 11:21 AM   #32

K'Hermiit, would you mind sharing info on that skid plate? Did you have to do anything to get it to fit?

Old 02-14-2024, 06:38 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyR View Post
I'm afraid I can't really get a handle on what I'm seeing. Could you possibly back the camera off about six feet for a side view?
I'm afraid that wouldn't help you any. The new seat is wider to better support the tushy on longer rides. Almost twice as wide back in the saddle area.

Old 02-14-2024, 06:41 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzer77 View Post
K'Hermiit, would you mind sharing info on that skid plate? Did you have to do anything to get it to fit?
You're lucky, I found it again by looking in my history.
It fits well enough. I had to trim a little off the clutch side because it contacted the case, and drill 2 holes to use the Templar hole locations to bolt the bottom.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 02-14-2024, 09:54 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'hermiit View Post
I'm afraid that wouldn't help you any.
More and better-framed pictures wouldn't better show off what you have done? I don't get it, but OK.

I don't care much for the stock seat either. Just curious if this was something I might like to take a shot at.

Old 02-15-2024, 06:18 AM   #36

Quote:
More and better-framed pictures wouldn't better show off what you have done? I don't get it, but OK.

I don't care much for the stock seat either. Just curious if this was something I might like to take a shot at.
I'm just not sure I understand what you are having trouble with?
it is literally a wider seat...you cannot physically see that from the side, so therefore a sidewiew would be worthless in this situation, because it would just look like a seat. That...and I have my saddlebags on it. I would have to unstrap them because they obscure the rear area.

See:

Old 02-15-2024, 10:25 AM   #37

Good one. In the earlier pictures it looked almost stock as the sides follow the body lines quite well. From the side it looks stock but for a little swelling a little ways back. I've seen some some seat mods where it came out like like someone had just slapped on a badly fitting seat from another bike. Yours looks good all the way around. I might have to put this mod on my list too. Thanks.

Old 02-15-2024, 10:20 PM   #38

Quote:
Good one. In the earlier pictures it looked almost stock as the sides follow the body lines quite well. From the side it looks stock but for a little swelling a little ways back. I've seen some some seat mods where it came out like like someone had just slapped on a badly fitting seat from another bike. Yours looks good all the way around. I might have to put this mod on my list too. Thanks.
You will like it. I've ridden it the last three days to work and I joyfully report no sore butt. It looks great too. The shape is perfect, just enough...but not too much.

Old 02-16-2024, 01:16 PM   #39

Crap. I really like my Templar. All of it. Except I've never liked the seat from day one. In all practicality I don't that much seat time so it shouldn't matter. Plus I don't really have the time and money to spare fooling with a perfectly good and fairly new seat.
But...
Fine. I'm $250 poorer and it should be here in a couple of weeks.

Old 02-16-2024, 06:07 PM   #40

Quote:
Crap. I really like my Templar. All of it. Except I've never liked the seat from day one. In all practicality I don't that much seat time so it shouldn't matter. Plus I don't really have the time and money to spare fooling with a perfectly good and fairly new seat.
But...
Fine. I'm $250 poorer and it should be here in a couple of weeks.

I think it's money well spent if a person plans on riding it.

If you have an air or elec stapler it might make the job easier, but I did it with 1/4" staples in a T50 and a buddy helping to hold everything in position.

Old 02-23-2024, 10:15 PM   #41

Wow are you serious? No more holding the brake, twisting the throttle and pressing the start button all at the same time???-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Pete View Post
Very cool photograps thank you for sharing. Yes these Templars come fully geared sprocket wise for off road so no need for the serious off road rider to think about changing.

@Thumper if you read this I found a while ago that the front brake isn't required for starting as the way the bike is wired using any brake provides the energization of the signal wire so no more funky hand stretching for me, I just rest my foot on the rear brake pedal when starting my bike now.

Old 02-23-2024, 10:22 PM   #42

Decked out! Looks mean! Love the saddle bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'hermiit View Post
I'm just not sure I understand what you are having trouble with?
it is literally a wider seat...you cannot physically see that from the side, so therefore a sidewiew would be worthless in this situation, because it would just look like a seat. That...and I have my saddlebags on it. I would have to unstrap them because they obscure the rear area.

See:

Old 02-25-2024, 07:03 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by GigaXi View Post
Decked out! Looks mean! Love the saddle bags

Thanks man!

Old 03-07-2024, 01:22 PM   #44

My Seat Concepts cover just dropped off the UPS truck. Looking forward to figuring out how to find the time to change it.

Old 03-07-2024, 05:29 PM   #45

Quote:
My Seat Concepts cover just dropped off the UPS truck. Looking forward to figuring out how to find the time to change it.
I'm pretty certain it will be worth the effort for you. I have been riding mine to work when it's not raining, and the seat is a lot more comfortable.