Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2019, 06:42 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
I bought the 283cc one Nzbrakelathes sells. Only one available at the time that I knew about.
Did it make a substantial difference?

Quote:
I have the seat concepts narrow seat from CSC. The narrow part helps us short guys being able to point our legs down more so it's like having a shorter seat height. I've ridden many long days with it and think it's great. To me I have no comfort issues with this bike. rj
That's excellent news! I think you're the first that I've heard of who got the narrow seat, as that's the one I'd be getting. Very happy to hear what you said about the comfort, I'll be getting that narrow seat asap.

Old 06-25-2019, 06:58 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
Did it make a substantial difference?

That's excellent news! I think you're the first that I've heard of who got the narrow seat, as that's the one I'd be getting. Very happy to hear what you said about the comfort, I'll be getting that narrow seat asap.
I have the narrow seat too. I think it's much better than the stock seat while moving but I can't tell much difference in being able to reach the ground at a stop.

Old 06-25-2019, 07:13 PM   #33

Glad to hear it! Sounds like a good upgrade that will resolve that issue. Thanks for the report!

Old 06-25-2019, 08:15 PM   #34

I find that the 13 is better on the highway here, at 1700' of altitude. The 14 was alright at sea level. I can't remember my top speed with the 13, but it's certainly above 70. Our traffic flows at 70-72 mostly, and this lets me keep up.

Old 06-26-2019, 01:19 PM   #35

Gaijin, " Did it make a substantial difference? "

Substantial no, difference yes. kinda woke up the power band in the middle range is where I notice it the most cause that's where I ride it when doing gravel roads and moderate trails. Out on the freeway similar top end but you don't have to downshift as much going up hills or into a headwind.
Stock gearing on mine.
I was able to ride the 450 RX4 at the Moab ride and it's probably "better" in everything power wise, brake wise , highway riding , etc. Bit it is also a physically larger bike.
I would love a 450 in an RX3 frame size of bike cause I'm so short, fat and bald headed.
RJ

Old 06-26-2019, 01:37 PM   #36

Well, the spending has begun. Ordered the narrow Seat Concepts seat, a 13t front, a 46t rear sprocket, and Yoo's windshield. Jury's still out on a big bore kit; maybe the sprockets alone will suffice, we'll see.

Old 06-26-2019, 01:50 PM   #37

I found with my 283 kit, I was able to go back to stock on the countershaft and just grow the rear a tooth and it's a nice compromise. I'm 250 pounds.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 06-26-2019, 05:27 PM   #38

Quote:
Well, the spending has begun. Ordered the narrow Seat Concepts seat, a 13t front, a 46t rear sprocket, and Yoo's windshield. Jury's still out on a big bore kit; maybe the sprockets alone will suffice, we'll see.
Just a reminder, the new seat will feel overly stiff at first but with time the foam starts to soften up and conform to your body. I only have about 500 miles on my seat and it's starting to soften up in the right places for my shape.

Old 06-27-2019, 09:44 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd1959 View Post
Just a reminder, the new seat will feel overly stiff at first but with time the foam starts to soften up and conform to your body. I only have about 500 miles on my seat and it's starting to soften up in the right places for my shape.
Yep. My tall seat was super stiff at first and is now shaped in all the right places.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 06-28-2019, 11:35 AM   #40

Great Write up!

I'll throw out that I worked with Madstat to design a system for the RX3 when I first got mine, so they should be able to sell you one of their system, if you like them as much as I do (had one on my old V-Strom, and have one on my NC700X, along with my RX3) It allows quick adjustment of the windshield, up or down, and tilt....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1633.jpg (96.2 KB, 238 views)
2016 AJP PR4
2022 Templar X 250
2021 Sondors Metacycle
AMA Life Member

Old 06-29-2019, 01:48 AM   #41

Quote:
Leave stock gearing tillyou fit the big bore
Stock is right with gained torque

Old 06-29-2019, 01:51 AM   #42

Quote:
The stock seat's a little high for my stumpy legs as-is, so I was planning on getting the "narrow" seat, which they claim is the same seat height as the stock. I am assuming you got the "normal" seat, which raised you up an inch?

Quite interested in getting one of those, or the custom windshield that Yoo in Thailand makes (or made? Last post seems to be about 2 years ago, so I don't know if that's still an option).
I’ve seen tall direct fit screens for sale in china but shipping gets expensive
It’s bulky so postage no go I think needs DHL
From 10cm to 25cm talker or so

Old 06-29-2019, 09:18 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
Leave stock gearing tillyou fit the big bore
Stock is right with gained torque
That makes perfect sense. I may do a big trip before getting the big bore kit though, so I will experiment with sprockets beforehand, and change back after boosting the engine size.

Old 06-29-2019, 09:20 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck369 View Post
Great Write up!

I'll throw out that I worked with Madstat to design a system for the RX3 when I first got mine, so they should be able to sell you one of their system, if you like them as much as I do (had one on my old V-Strom, and have one on my NC700X, along with my RX3) It allows quick adjustment of the windshield, up or down, and tilt....
That looks excellent! I have already ordered Yoo's windscreen, but if I hadn't already gotten that I'd be very very interested in hearing about which you went with and how it works. If Yoo's doesn't work for me, I'll want to go with something like this, the adjustability is very appealing to me.

Old 06-29-2019, 07:09 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck369 View Post
Great Write up!

So did they actually start producing them? I don't see it on their site.