Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2021, 08:49 AM   #31

Sadly they don't sell these anymore at Ikea but it was the best $4 i ever spent and always carried along in my tail-bag.. if you can find one similar definitely worth it instead of wearing a backpack:

https://poshmark.com/listing/IKEA-pa...gaAoUFEALw_wcB

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 03-20-2021, 11:12 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatguy View Post
I just bought all this crap for my first big trip on a dual sport using it as an adventure bike. This week long trip will involve mostly dirt with pavement stringing it all together (hopefully). There will be camping and a hotel or 2.

I did lose 1/4 of my pannier storage to the side exhaust and the Givi box did not line up correctly with the available mounting spots on the Lifan. It’s ever so slightly not centered. By about 3/16”.

But I already got all the stuff and am leaving tomorrow. So I ended up getting hard and soft as a combo.

Seems to be working well so far in testing it all out. I wish I got all hard, Square boxes, but the budget said I was crazy to try that. This was the cheapest way I could get this much storage
I like those soft side panniers. Where did you get them?

Old 03-21-2021, 04:14 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Rider 27 View Post
I like those soft side panniers. Where did you get them?
I’m happy with them so far and can have a real critique coming in a week since I’m about to be riding full time for a week with them.

I got them here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B089Z...b_b_asin_title

Old 03-21-2021, 09:25 AM   #34

Look forward to exploits of adventure! and the review of the saddlebags.

Old 03-21-2021, 07:51 PM   #35

Quote:
Look forward to exploits of adventure! and the review of the saddlebags.
They made it through the first day without shifting, without rubbing the tire, and without melting on the exhaust. I’d say that’s a good first day. Ha ha. The stitching has held up also. And it’s very heavy. I have a lot of stuff in them.

Only three buckles had to be clicked open to take them into a hotel that I stayed in tonight. Really easy to put on and off the bike. Didn’t take much longer than popping the Givi top box off.

Old 03-21-2021, 08:37 PM   #36

Quote:
They made it through the first day without shifting, without rubbing the tire, and without melting on the exhaust. I’d say that’s a good first day. Ha ha. The stitching has held up also. And it’s very heavy. I have a lot of stuff in them.

Only three buckles had to be clicked open to take them into a hotel that I stayed in tonight. Really easy to put on and off the bike. Didn’t take much longer than popping the Givi top box off.
Good to hear! Hotel? I thought you would be strapping yourself to a tree branch with a tie down over an alligator infested swamp?

Old 03-22-2021, 01:38 AM   #37

Quote:
Good to hear! Hotel? I thought you would be strapping yourself to a tree branch with a tie down over an alligator infested swamp?
Ha ha ha. I really wanted to. Could not find a place to do it. All my trails were closed that I was trying to take, and no campgrounds had availability. All sold out.

I am hopeful that I found a trail for tomorrow morning. And I was finally able to reserve at least a campground.

One thing that was great about these is they came right off the bike and it was almost like I had suitcases. Very simple. 3 fastex type buckles to click open and just lifted right off.

There are a lot of straps to adjust in the beginning, the first time, but they are going to stay in the same position when I put it back on the bike I think. So there won’t be any readjustment. Just reconnecting the three straps it took to remove them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg FD65AE02-6186-4132-AF2A-F858C3302FC3.jpeg (39.9 KB, 192 views)
File Type: jpeg D141F45B-BB2D-49AD-8C65-6F5B76ABECDB.jpeg (40.8 KB, 194 views)

Last edited by Boatguy; 03-22-2021 at 02:45 AM.

Old 03-22-2021, 05:44 AM   #38

Bit of a cross-post, but my 3rd hand Zong came with a hard top box (also 3rd hand, by the looks of it). Its water proofing and padding is long gone, it has a few holes drilled in it, even its lock is gone (replaced by a latch and padlock) but hey, it hasn't fallen off yet

It's also quite spacious (it can fit a full-face + a modular helmet inside). I keep a tight-fitting cardboard box inside which I use when getting groceries, so I know how much I can carry.

Old 03-22-2021, 06:41 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillRider View Post
Bit of a cross-post, but my 3rd hand Zong came with a hard top box (also 3rd hand, by the looks of it). Its water proofing and padding is long gone, it has a few holes drilled in it, even its lock is gone (replaced by a latch and padlock) but hey, it hasn't fallen off yet

It's also quite spacious (it can fit a full-face + a modular helmet inside). I keep a tight-fitting cardboard box inside which I use when getting groceries, so I know how much I can carry.

Agreed. If I was only getting one, if get the top box. I got both. You can see it sitting on the top of my panniers in the pic on the left I posted.

The top box is way more convenient. Panniers are more for carrying huge and heavy amounts of stuff. But running around town? Not carrying too much stuff or too heavy of stuff? Still want to fit in narrow trails? Top box all the way.

Old 03-22-2021, 09:29 AM   #40

Quote:
Ha ha ha. I really wanted to. Could not find a place to do it. All my trails were closed that I was trying to take, and no campgrounds had availability. All sold out.

I am hopeful that I found a trail for tomorrow morning. And I was finally able to reserve at least a campground.

One thing that was great about these is they came right off the bike and it was almost like I had suitcases. Very simple. 3 fastex type buckles to click open and just lifted right off.

There are a lot of straps to adjust in the beginning, the first time, but they are going to stay in the same position when I put it back on the bike I think. So there won’t be any readjustment. Just reconnecting the three straps it took to remove them.
Hotels, showers, its all good! You are out there on the road! I am in the middle of figuring a cargo system myself to get out and do some camping and riding. You are not using a rack and they can support some weight, eh?

Old 03-25-2021, 12:29 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hilly View Post
Dan ..I think the bag you are considering is ,the same.bag, possibly with a different logo ,as the one I ended up ordering last night . It is $35 bucks

https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Ta.../dp/B07T8DL7RP. I ended up choosing this one because it has more capacity, and, after reading up on it more, I think it is still pretty collapsible..
I ended up order that exact bag myself now, got it in today. If anybody is interested I can do a more in depth review of it myself. I think for medium to light use it will be just fine, although you can definitely tell it was built on a budget. I think long term durability will be the real question, but as a whole it's not bad.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 03-25-2021, 07:20 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
I ended up order that exact bag myself now, got it in today. If anybody is interested I can do a more in depth review of it myself. I think for medium to light use it will be just fine, although you can definitely tell it was built on a budget. I think long term durability will be the real question, but as a whole it's not bad.
I got tired of waiting for mine to ship, so I cancelled mine, and ordered a small trunk from eBay. It is supposed to be 9.5 gallon capacity, but I don't see how it could be, but it was $33 + change.

Old 03-25-2021, 09:01 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post

I bought the same bag a few weeks ago. Seems to be well made for the money. And it attached easily to the rack on my Brozz. It does hold a full face shield helmet no issues. I'm happy with it.

John

Old 03-31-2021, 12:10 PM   #44

I got this tailbag, LINK

It's honestly too small for my needs, by the time I put a pair of gloves in there its almost packed. It doesn't have any inside compartments for things like registration and insurance cards. It does have a pocket on the back though. I would have to give this a 5 out of 10, it's nice but just not very practical, for me anyway.

After watching Megadan's new video, it looks like that is the bag I am looking for.

I was just wondering how everyone that has this bag seems to like it? Also wondering if the shoulder straps come off? It appears so in the image but I have had to gamble with products on Amazon a few times and ended up returning things.

My dad is getting my current tailbag for his Hawk so I that makes me feel better about my purchase.

NO HILL TOO STEEP NO MUD TOO DEEP
The Brozz | The Hawk Upgrades, Accessories, Etc...
Assembly Checklist: Brozz 250 | Hawk 250
~idle_purr

Old 03-31-2021, 12:32 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by idle_purr View Post
I got this tailbag, LINK

It's honestly too small for my needs, by the time I put a pair of gloves in there its almost packed. It doesn't have any inside compartments for things like registration and insurance cards. It does have a pocket on the back though. I would have to give this a 5 out of 10, it's nice but just not very practical, for me anyway.

After watching Megadan's new video, it looks like that is the bag I am looking for.

I was just wondering how everyone that has this bag seems to like it? Also wondering if the shoulder straps come off? It appears so in the image but I have had to gamble with products on Amazon a few times and ended up returning things.

My dad is getting my current tailbag for his Hawk so I that makes me feel better about my purchase.
I had the same bag as MegaDan ordered, and after a week of waiting for them to even get it marked as shipped, I looked at eBay, and went with a $34 trunk .It is arriving today. I will post a pic once I get it installed.