Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2012, 02:25 PM   #31

only thing i hate about this bike is it uses way to many allen bolts good thing i have abunch of metric bolts laying around

Old 04-29-2012, 03:02 PM   #32

Socket head cap screws that take an allen wrench are my preference. I've built up a good supply in stainless, and I use them wherever I find cheap fasteners on a bike.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-29-2012, 03:16 PM   #33

I agree with Weld. The socket head bolts are excellent for many applications, and my Zong has a lot of these bolts. My Zong also has a lot of hex head bolts. I'm very pleased with the hardware on my Zong.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-29-2012, 05:49 PM   #34

yea forgot about those i got aset laying around here somewhere lol and well i checked out that switch and i didnt seem bad but im crossed over the wires and still nothing im almost wondering if my stater is dead but im gonna have to wait acouple days till my head heals a little bit i ended up slicing open my forehead just alittle bit ago on the damn half broken clutch lever left a pretty deep 3inches gash id say probably 1/4" deep

Old 04-29-2012, 05:57 PM   #35

oh and i toke the carb apart again and cleaned it again and checked the diaphragm and everything was fine i went ahead and checked timeing and valves and thats all good but for some reason when i go to start the bike it starts first or second kick when cold but when its warmed up i cant get the damn thing to start at all so i think the cdi or coil is going bad idk i just need to get the electric start fixed i guess

Old 04-29-2012, 10:46 PM   #36

Egads! 8O I hope you wound heals quickly.

Put a multimeter on the positive lead under the rubber plug going into the starter motor. Attach the other lead to ground. Then, with the bike in neutral, push the starter button and see if you get 12V DC going to the starter motor. If the motor is getting power, but now working, the motor is probably bad. At that point, you can remove the starter motor, disassemble it, and inspect it. I replaced my starter motor around 20,000 miles on the odometer; they do fail.

Intermittent electrical problems when the engine is warm does suggest the CDI unit might be failing. I suggest you get a spare CDI unit from Zongshen America. Even if your original CDI unit is good, you need a spare available when the first one fails. A spare CDI unit will also greatly help with diagnosing electrical problems.

If you check the Zong Sticky, you will find a link to the TW200 Service Manual, which tells you the resistance values you should find when you test the ignition coil with a digital multimeter.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-29-2012, 11:00 PM   #37

thanks lol and yea im sure if its not raining tomorrow ill be outside working on it lol

Old 04-29-2012, 11:45 PM   #38

Wow! That looks really painful; Mrs. Weldangrind had to look away. On the bright side, at least your have hair to shave.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-30-2012, 12:26 AM   #39

BTW, we Chinariders have a tradition of posting pics of our motorcycle induced injurues :roll:

Bet there were a few choice words on that event. :evil:

Should heal fast and well. Looks clean and a nice patch job. :wink:

Old 04-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #40

yea the only pain i have had is when hit it and yes there were a few chooses of words lol and yea usually patch myself up cause im not a big fan of paying some doctor thousands of dollars to patch me up when i can do it for free and do it just as well.

Old 05-01-2012, 04:24 PM   #41

well i have come to the conclusion the carb is causing all my problems and and its flooding my bike so ill ether replace or rebuild the carb with tw200 carb parts

Old 05-01-2012, 11:15 PM   #42

I'm sorry to hear your carburetor is causing problems. :( The Teikei MV28 is a good carburetor. Are the problems possibly caused by the fact your carb's air box has been removed? I don't know how well the carb's intake boot alone can support the weight of the carburetor. The unsupported carburetor would have been subjected to a lot more vibration. :roll: I suggest you check the carburetor boot for leaks and cracks. Ordinarily, this isn't a problem with the Yamaha/Zongshen carburetor boot, but the carb is usually supported by the air box as well as the engine boot.

Also, check with Zongshen America for the price of a complete, new carburetor. The cost of a complete carb from Zongshen might well be less than a collection of parts from Yamaha.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 05-01-2012, 11:30 PM   #43

yea i gotcha but i do have it supported with some wire for temporary use and i have inspected for leaks and i did not find any but im going to tear the carb down an let everything except rubber diaphragms sit in carb cleaner all day just in case i didnt get 100% everything cleaned out cause the bike did sit for like 2-3 years before i got it and then im gonna put new floats needle and seat then rejet it using the mikuni n102/221 jets but what pilot jet should i replace it with does mikuni make a pilot jet that would fit ? and another thing im using a ngk d8ea plug in it but on the the tw200 forums i seen they said to be using the ngk dr8ea plug and i was just curious which plug you are using in your bike?

Old 05-01-2012, 11:44 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDMUNDS
yea i gotcha but i do have it supported with some wire for temporary use and i have inspected for leaks and i did not find any but im going to tear the carb down an let everything except rubber diaphragms sit in carb cleaner all day just in case i didnt get 100% everything cleaned out cause the bike did sit for like 2-3 years before i got it and then im gonna put new floats needle and seat then rejet it using the mikuni n102/221 jets but what pilot jet should i replace it with does mikuni make a pilot jet that would fit ? and another thing im using a ngk d8ea plug in it but on the the tw200 forums i seen they said to be using the ngk dr8ea plug and i was just curious which plug you are using in your bike?
You might consider using Pine-Sol instead of carb cleaner; check out the following threads.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=718608
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=560117

I kept my pilot jet the same, and it's working great. I don't remember any of the TW200 owners changing the pilot jet, either. Therefore, I don't know if any Mikuni jets will substitute for the Teikei pilot jet. :?:

I always use the NGK D8EA spark plugs. The DR8EA is a resistor spark plug, which is designed to prevent interference with electronic devices. The DR8EA spark plug will work with the Zong, but it's not necessary.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 05-01-2012, 11:58 PM   #45

ok thanks and hmm that pine sol thread was pretty cool im gonna have to try that!