Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2012, 01:16 AM   #31

I have the Roketa DB-06, I can get the front tire for the same price here's the link.

http://www.roketa.com/product/parts_...SSEMBLY%285%29

i'll see about truing it tomorrow, if i fail, i'll probably buy the new wheel assembly to get it over and done with.

or i'll just buy the new assembly, and true my current wheel during the winter, and buy a different tire type to throw on it. I'll see about the truing tomorrow.
2008 Ninja 250R Sold
1984 Honda aero 125 Sold
1980 Honda CM400T Sold

Old 09-14-2012, 01:24 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGammaGhost
I have the Roketa DB-06, I can get the front tire for the same price here's the link.

i'll see about truing it tomorrow, if i fail, i'll probably buy the new wheel assembly to get it over and done with.

or i'll just buy the new assembly, and true my current wheel during the winter, and buy a different tire type to throw on it. I'll see about the truing tomorrow.
Yes, the DB-06, front wheel assembly is part #DB-06-200-05-58, which sells for $85, plus shipping. The front wheel will come completely assembled with bearings, et cetera, and will be trued to a high standard.

If you buy a front wheel assembly and plan to use it as a spare wheel, you will also need to purchase a front brake rotor, part #59. You will also need to buy brake rotor bolts; however, I bought bolts at the local hardware store to secure my Zongshen brake rotor.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 09-18-2012, 01:57 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Quote:

Yes, the DB-06, front wheel assembly is part #DB-06-200-05-58, which sells for $85, plus shipping. The front wheel will come completely assembled with bearings, et cetera, and will be trued to a high standard.

If you buy a front wheel assembly and plan to use it as a spare wheel, you will also need to purchase a front brake rotor, part #59. You will also need to buy brake rotor bolts; however, I bought bolts at the local hardware store to secure my Zongshen brake rotor.

Spud
alright spudster, i took the easy way out and bought the assembly, costed me a total of $110 (which I'm happy to pay, as long as it comes with all the bearings and such). ordered it on Sunday, haven't been charged, or received a tracking umber. Not sure if it's going to ship from china, or from there warehouse in cali.

How long did it take for you to get your assembly, spud? it's getting colder and colder, want to have my bike good to go! though i have been preoccupied with other things so patience isn't to much of an issue.

thanks!
2008 Ninja 250R Sold
1984 Honda aero 125 Sold
1980 Honda CM400T Sold

Old 09-18-2012, 04:49 PM   #34

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Spud
alright spudster, i took the easy way out and bought the assembly, costed me a total of $110 (which I'm happy to pay, as long as it comes with all the bearings and such). ordered it on Sunday, haven't been charged, or received a tracking umber. Not sure if it's going to ship from china, or from there warehouse in cali.

How long did it take for you to get your assembly, spud? it's getting colder and colder, want to have my bike good to go! though i have been preoccupied with other things so patience isn't to much of an issue.

thanks!
My Zong employs the same front wheel as the Roketa DB-07A. The DB-07A wheels I ordered were shipped from Roketa's California warehouse and were delivered in about one week.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 09-20-2012, 06:50 PM   #35

ahhg, after waiting 4 days, i found an email to contact them. I asked them if they had any info on my order. got an email back saing

"I DONT HAVE THAT RIM"

So idk what to do at the moment, i wonder if another wheel will fit. i sent them an email asking if they know of another rim that will fit my bike. ahhg. I think my front axle is fatter than most.

Im going to try and true it my self tomorrow, also i'll try and call this one guy that said he could do it this week, a week ago.
2008 Ninja 250R Sold
1984 Honda aero 125 Sold
1980 Honda CM400T Sold

Old 09-20-2012, 11:33 PM   #36

That's too bad, Gamma. :roll: When truing a wheel, it's important to make small adjustments. Don't try to correct the problem all at once. Many, small adjustments will true the wheel much faster, and more accurately, than trying to make large adjustments.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 09-21-2012, 02:30 PM   #37

alright, the left and right wobble seems to be good. It seems to be a bit off up and down though, the zip ties will be touching the middle of the rim at most points, then at some spots, the zip ties touch a lower spot on the rim, closer to the spokes. causing what looks like a slight bounce in the rim, Any idea how to fix this??

Not going to do it, but i'm guessing tightening the section in witch the zip ties are touching the lower part of the rim, pulling the rim closer, thus fixing the difference.
2008 Ninja 250R Sold
1984 Honda aero 125 Sold
1980 Honda CM400T Sold

Old 09-21-2012, 02:44 PM   #38

You need to true for radial symmetry before you true for lateral symmetry. The same principles apply. If you tighten a spoke if will draw the rim nearer to the hub. If you loosen a spoke, it will push the rim farther from the hub. You want to loosen the spokes on the low side of the wheel first, before you tighten the spokes on the opposite, high side of the wheel. Remember, small adjustments are best. Loosen or tighten the spoke nipples only 1/2 turn of so, then check your work. If you are making progress, make another small adjustment, and check again. Repeat this process until the wheel is true.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 09-21-2012, 02:52 PM   #39

Quote:
You need to true for radial symmetry before you true for lateral symmetry. The same principles apply. If you tighten a spoke if will draw the rim nearer to the hub. If you loosen a spoke, it will push the rim farther from the hub. You want to loosen the spokes on the low side of the wheel first, before you tighten the spokes on the opposite, high side of the wheel. Remember, small adjustments are best. Loosen or tighten the spoke nipples only 1/2 turn of so, then check your work. If you are making progress, make another small adjustment, and check again. Repeat this process until the wheel is true.

Spud
okay, so i should loosen the spokes where the zip ties touch the middle of the rim first, then i can tighten up the spot where the zip ties touch the lower part of the rim? i'll try to loosen them evenly to make sure it doesnt go to far off laterally.
2008 Ninja 250R Sold
1984 Honda aero 125 Sold
1980 Honda CM400T Sold

Old 09-21-2012, 03:16 PM   #40

Quote:
Quote:

Spud
okay, so i should loosen the spokes where the zip ties touch the middle of the rim first, then i can tighten up the spot where the zip ties touch the lower part of the rim? i'll try to loosen them evenly to make sure it doesnt go to far off laterally.
I don't know how you are referring to lower and higher. Loosen the spokes where the rim is closest to the hub first. Then tighten the spokes opposite them where the rim is farthest from the hub. Always true for radial roundness first. Only when you are satisfied with the radial roundness should you true the wheel for lateral roundness. Make small adjustments, then check your work. Repeat this process until the wheel is radially true. Then you can slowly adjust the wheel for lateral roundness.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 09-21-2012, 03:30 PM   #41

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Spud
I don't know how you are referring to lower and higher. Loosen the spokes where the rim is closest to the hub first. Then tighten the spokes opposite them where the rim is farthest from the hub. Always true for radial roundness first. Only when you are satisfied with the radial roundness should you true the wheel for lateral roundness. Make small adjustments, then check your work. Repeat this process until the wheel is radially true. Then you can slowly adjust the wheel for lateral roundness.

Spud
Nice, thanks for explaining this spud, I get it now!

I took it on a short ride, it feels right back to 100% again, i'm pretty happy with it, it was only slightly out of radial roundness. Though, i will check it again before i ride it again.

Looking at the wheel spinning, while riding, the wheel looks perfectly trued laterally, and the bouncing at low speeds that i had before, is gone. And the rotor no longer rubs against the brake pads. That zip tie method, WA suggested worked great.

Thanks for all the explaining you did SpudRider, i really appreciate it, and it seems to have paid off.

a shame that not all my parts are available through roketa.com though, oh well.
2008 Ninja 250R Sold
1984 Honda aero 125 Sold
1980 Honda CM400T Sold

Old 09-21-2012, 04:36 PM   #42

Good work!

You are well on your way to your online motorcycle technician certificate!

Old 09-22-2012, 12:06 AM   #43

You're welcome, Gamma.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 09-22-2012, 01:45 AM   #44

TheGammaGhost, your patience and persistence is admirable. Thanks for following up.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-22-2012, 09:29 AM   #45

I am impressed. Truing wheels is a task that many won't attempt.