Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2015, 10:19 PM   #4471

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriansk8 View Post
hi, thanks for answering .

Actually I have not checked the radiator cap, but the auxiliary coolant bottle is full.
Many, if not all of the motorcycles delivered to the United States were low on coolant. Wait until the engine is cold. Remove the radiator cap, and check the coolant level. I suspect you will need to add coolant. Tilt the motorcycle left and right, and continue to add coolant until it rises to the top of the radiator.

If the bike continues to overheat, repeat this process until both radiators are full of coolant.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 11-02-2015, 10:40 PM   #4472

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodlandsprite View Post
oops nevermind, I kept reading to find your link and your note on copious amounts of rubbing alcohol...
Thanks Woodlandsprite! If you find that rubbing alcohol isn't working for you, try a little brake cleaner on a rag or paper towel. Not too much as you don't want to damage the finish, but enough to make a paper towel damp. When rubbing the wheel, you'll see grease and oils come off the wheel. Wipe with 2 - 3 passes, but don't wipe too often or you'll take paint/finish off. By the time you do this, most of the surface should be clean. You can follow-up with rubbing alcohol again to ensure it's free of grease, and then the decals should stick fairly well.

Good luck!

Old 11-03-2015, 01:31 AM   #4473

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithmaine View Post
...girls with guns also helps
That's the real secret to our success.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-03-2015, 01:33 AM   #4474

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickosuave1987 View Post
New member here. Just purchased an RX3 on Saturday! I am only about 20 miles away from CSC, so I should be picking up my bike in the next couple of days. Ryan and Steve were very helpful and made the process really easy.

I just read through (some of) this thread, and am happy to see all of the positive on the bike. I had read all of the online reviews, looked at the bike in person more than once, and took a test ride. Now I can't wait to actually have my bike and put some miles on it!
Welcome! Since you're in a fair weather State, perhaps we can live vicariously through you over the winter.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-03-2015, 01:49 AM   #4475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
That's the real secret to our success.
Shhhhhhh! Don't give away our secrets!

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 11-03-2015, 01:07 PM   #4476

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriansk8 View Post
....has raised the temperature gauge to the fullest, I saw this bike turn off the switch of right handlebar control , and waited 3 stripes down again to start up again ....
I would like to know your comments on the matter and if this is normal.
Definitely not a normal thing, as Spud says its not normal and most likely your coolant levels are pretty low, you need to check the coolant levels in the overflow reservoir and in the radiators; also AKT made a recall on all RX3s (TT adventour 250s) for cooling fluid change, so you should take it to a dealer.

If you need/want you can find help in spanish here, I post there aswell under the same nickname

Old 11-03-2015, 06:02 PM   #4477

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
Just got back from the Wallowa ADV gathering in Enterprise , Hell's Canyon Oregon area.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1028251
5 days, 1000 miles. Had a great time perfect weather. Ussually we get rained on pretty good at least 1-2 days while there. So I'll post some pics and give a few thought s on what I liked or didn't like on the RX3. Have around 2300 miles on it now. 62mpg at 55/60mph for hours on end on pavement, 74/75 mpg when doing 3rd 4th gear fire roads at 35-45 mph.
First an intro, me rj, 176 lbs, 58 yo, 5"6" tall, self-annoyed machinist , plastic injection molder and maker. MPH from my GPS, not the RX3 generous speedo. Stats to compare with yourself so you know if this would be a suitable bike for you. Not and advertisement for me or the bike.

RX3 wannabe ?????

Headed into the Blue Mountains

Coming down into Troy, OR

First RX3 to Boggans's Oasis. Notice how the RX3 just makes the other vehicles dazzle and look so good next to it?

First RX3 to ride the "Rattle snake"

More "Rattle Snake"

First RX3 to Chief Joseph Overlook

First RX3 to Buckhorn Overlook

Riding buddy on a Tenere showing how small we are compared to the Canyon.

RX3 Heading out into the open range

Mi Casa at Log House RV campground. Owner's Brian and Margaret are motorcyclist and are great hosts if your staying in the area.
http://www.loghouservpark.com/

Went on a poker run with Brian. Was fun but not the RX3 forte'. I have more respect for 4 wheelers now seeing where they can go. I about died going up the steep loose switch backs. Here's where the RX3 suspension is criminal. Single track or forest roads with rocks and water drain ditches, 1st ,2nd gear technical really works the suspension to max and pogo sticks while carrying you happily on your way. On the highway, or fast gravel with wash board the suspension works great at 50-60 mph. Throw something at it with 6-12" ground variation at speed and your kidneys end up where your tonsils should be. Spuds we gotta get this figured out before my back gives out. Thinking maybe of adding some Schrader valve gizmos to the fork caps so I can put a few lbs. of air in to stiffen forks up a bit ????
Everyone looking at the RX3 wondering what is "that" doing here. I think they were afraid to touch it. hah hah

Having said that , the motor is dialed spot on for it's intended purpose I feel, gearing great except for the 1st gear trails type picking your way through the ruts and rocks. A little tall for that and needed clutch slippage to navigate places I ought not to have been. Cooling never got above 3 bars, fans did come on. Nothing broke or leaked although I did put coolant in the over flow bottle, twice. Don't know where it 's going. Stock tires were excellent for paved and fast gravel road. It was warm and they really stuck to the pavement. Expect they will wear out soon from the soft compound there made of. The brakes are very good for me. I found that on gravel and with the stock tires I could go as fast as I wanted 50/55 mph but slowing down or making sharp turns needed advanced planning because of the gravel and smooth tires. Stock battery seems to be working fine. Luggage was a little small but worked well for a 5 day trip. I got tired of locking and unlocking them so I took off the piece that the lock finger hook goes into on the lid, 2 screws as per another's advice on here. None of the luggage ever opened while banging around and believe me we banged around.
Pre poker run "What am I getting into" jitters ,which were pretty much justified.

Back after poker run with ADV petina

Made me want to take off my boots and squiggle my toes in there. Grande Ronde River from Troy.

two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

take care kiddos, rj
Awesome ride.

We are neighbors, and that is one of my favorite rides. I have a friend who lets me use his cabin as a base of operations in Tollgate. I loved looking at the pics. Troy in particular is a great stop. Wash off the dust in the river, have a nice lunch and hit the dusty trail again.

The RX3 looks like a great bike.

Old 11-03-2015, 06:13 PM   #4478

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc View Post
Awesome ride.

We are neighbors, and that is one of my favorite rides. I have a friend who lets me use his cabin as a base of operations in Tollgate. I loved looking at the pics. Troy in particular is a great stop. Wash off the dust in the river, have a nice lunch and hit the dusty trail again.

The RX3 looks like a great bike.
You should connect with Rob, and take a look at the RX3, Doc. Perhaps we will re-assimilate you into The Cult of The Zong.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 11-03-2015, 09:15 PM   #4479

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
You should connect with Rob, and take a look at the RX3, Doc. Perhaps we will re-assimilate you into The Cult of The Zong.

Yah, where you at FastDoc ? I'm in Walla Walla. We should hook up in the coming year. and hit a few of the rallies for the fun of it. Having a "Doc" on hand could be quite advantageous. rj

Old 11-04-2015, 11:41 PM   #4480

I've got to say my MG Stelvio is spending a disturbing amount of time sitting in my garage as I keep picking the RX3 to go on rides. Something about using all the engine all the time is very satisfying with the bike. It also handles just as good, better actually when slow, and it's just as comfortable.

If these bikes are reliable (and it looks like they will be) this thing is a huge game changer for those who discover it.

Same goes for my friend who purchased it the same time. He has a GSXR 600 and a Ninja 650 and rides the RX3 more

Cult of the Zong is right! Resistance is futile.

Old 11-04-2015, 11:47 PM   #4481

Indeed, you will be assimilated.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 11-05-2015, 12:02 AM   #4482

Must......Resist...as....long...as....Possible...
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 11-05-2015, 12:04 AM   #4483

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrider View Post
Life is short, don't resist haha.

Old 11-05-2015, 12:21 AM   #4484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrider View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee R View Post
Life is short, don't resist haha.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 11-05-2015, 07:38 AM   #4485

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee R View Post
I've got to say my MG Stelvio is spending a disturbing amount of time sitting in my garage as I keep picking the RX3 to go on rides. Something about using all the engine all the time is very satisfying with the bike. It also handles just as good, better actually when slow, and it's just as comfortable.

If these bikes are reliable (and it looks like they will be) this thing is a huge game changer for those who discover it.

Same goes for my friend who purchased it the same time. He has a GSXR 600 and a Ninja 650 and rides the RX3 more

Cult of the Zong is right! Resistance is futile.
I see the same here, my NC700X, nor my XT250 get rode very much since I got the RX-3....
2016 AJP PR4
2022 Templar X 250
2021 Sondors Metacycle
AMA Life Member