Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2018, 12:11 PM   #361

PP FB support?

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I just started a FB page for these PP LXR250F bikes. There is a lot of support in the forums however, I have not seen a lot of support on FB and YouTube. Certainly some but it definitely leaves you wanting.
I wanna help bridge that gap. So many of ya'll have contributed so much time sharing about this bike. I just want to do my part and contribute to the cause and help more and more people have success with this bike (and perhaps other Chinese specials rocking the same motor and such) and especially have a good experience with this Motorsport.

I can only imagine how valuable of a source this could be with people like Chonda and some of these other guys.

I am a huge advocate for Motorsports and feel more people could benefit from them.

Feel free to check it out. Its brand new so the community consists of 2 haha. Hopefully before too long it will grow into s mall niche of people willing to mentor and share their experiences.

Not trying to step on any buddy's toes or devalue these forums. Only to help contribute to the cause. I know I will need guidance in the future and I know others will too. It should be a good place to discuss and share video footage etc...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/425498251229437/

or look it up. Title is PitsterPro LXR250F EFI Liquid Cooled

Hope it works out

~Marco R.

Old 02-27-2018, 04:40 PM   #362

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
CCC, I'd love to hear more about the Rekluse system you chose. You said you chose the Honda kit; I presume that means only the rear brake portion with the shorty roll-a-click. Do you actually intend to install a Rekluse clutch? If not, may we see a pic of the shorty and the clutch lever together?
Chonda has been using a rekluse clutch for a while now. He just put on the LHRB. He has about used up all his excuses.........

Old 02-27-2018, 07:10 PM   #363

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
CCC, I'd love to hear more about the Rekluse system you chose. You said you chose the Honda kit; I presume that means only the rear brake portion with the shorty roll-a-click. Do you actually intend to install a Rekluse clutch? If not, may we see a pic of the shorty and the clutch lever together?

I modified a used XR650R Rekluse that I picked up on a deal. See: http://www.chinariders.net/showpost....&postcount=309

There doesn't seem to be a good way to mount the clutch with the LXR's large controls box. I haven't been using it at all the last couple rides, so I decided to eject it. Pulled the cable and lever and all the mounting hardware.

Maybe I should put it back on so I can use the excuse that I confused the 2 levers and lost concentration which caused me to whiskey throttle into that granite wall... or something like that.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:13 PM   #364

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamTeam:) View Post
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I just started a FB page for these PP LXR250F bikes. There is a lot of support in the forums however, I have not seen a lot of support on FB and YouTube. Certainly some but it definitely leaves you wanting.
I wanna help bridge that gap. So many of ya'll have contributed so much time sharing about this bike. I just want to do my part and contribute to the cause and help more and more people have success with this bike (and perhaps other Chinese specials rocking the same motor and such) and especially have a good experience with this Motorsport.

I can only imagine how valuable of a source this could be with people like Chonda and some of these other guys.

I am a huge advocate for Motorsports and feel more people could benefit from them.

Feel free to check it out. Its brand new so the community consists of 2 haha. Hopefully before too long it will grow into s mall niche of people willing to mentor and share their experiences.

Not trying to step on any buddy's toes or devalue these forums. Only to help contribute to the cause. I know I will need guidance in the future and I know others will too. It should be a good place to discuss and share video footage etc...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/425498251229437/

or look it up. Title is PitsterPro LXR250F EFI Liquid Cooled

Hope it works out

~Marco R.

Better get exploring fast!

I think these are about sold out. Pitster pulled the long running ad in a local classifieds.

Old 03-02-2018, 10:09 PM   #365

Hey CCC,
Which 12t front sprocket did you buy? I ordered one for a CFR250X but it doesn't fit. It has too many splines. The NC250 has 13 splines, but the one I bought has 21 splines.

Old 03-02-2018, 11:36 PM   #366

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
Hey CCC,
Which 12t front sprocket did you buy? I ordered one for a CFR250X but it doesn't fit. It has too many splines. The NC250 has 13 splines, but the one I bought has 21 splines.
DRZ400

JTF432.12 is the part number for JT Sprockets

I prefer PBI. They seem to last forever;
Name:  IMG_20180303_0941111-800x600.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  52.6 KB

JTF432.15 on left and the PBI 650-12 on the right.

Last edited by ChondaChondaChonda; 03-03-2018 at 11:45 AM.

Old 03-02-2018, 11:37 PM   #367

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
Hey CCC,
Be wary. I see lots of people claiming the brakes are CRF250X, but they are different.

Old 03-04-2018, 02:48 PM   #368

Radiator caps for LXR 250

Navin from ADV asked me to see if my Honda radiator caps would work as a replacement for his LXR. Turns out the Honda cap fits better than the stock cap- it's nice and snug. Seals and gaskets are same diameter.

Old 03-04-2018, 03:07 PM   #369

Swingarm bearings...my first time.

So while I have the bike torn into a thousand pieces I decided to check and lube my swingarm bearings. It turns out that one side looked good and the other side looks like it spent some time in a river (which it did- just north of Ketchum Idaho I dumped it on that side during a medium depth river crossing).

Good Side:

I used the all-thread and socket trick to pull the rusty crusty bearing out. A 3/4 inch socket fit perfectly.

See the propane torch in the background? Ya- it wasn't budging until I put some heat on the aluminum tube.

When it finally did bust free this is what came out:

Not a great picture, but you get the idea. My phone died right after I took it.

The bearing measures 28mm OD and 22mm ID and is about 30mm long.

Old 03-04-2018, 06:20 PM   #370

Here's a bearing place to try.

http://www.vxb.com/Needle-Roller-Bea...e=1&f-28mm=631

Seems there's a pop-up, but just click on "go to VBX.com" and it takes you to what you need. $12.95 per pair seems pretty good.

Old 03-13-2018, 07:48 AM   #371

Hi Guys
I'm new to the whole china motors cult.
Currently waiting for a LXR250f to arrive in the middle east.
Can I ask what larger fuel tank it is fitted to ChondaChondaChonda's bike.
And if anybody has tried slightly less exxon valdez proportioned sizes

Old 03-13-2018, 08:30 AM   #372

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall187 View Post
Hi Guys
I'm new to the whole china motors cult.
Currently waiting for a LXR250f to arrive in the middle east.
Can I ask what larger fuel tank it is fitted to ChondaChondaChonda's bike.
And if anybody has tried slightly less exxon valdez proportioned sizes
Welcome!

It is an Acerbis 4.1 gallon. Necessary only because of the long distances between fuel in some parts of the western US. Our Idaho ride last year took us across a wilderness area that has no fuel for 275 miles. So we also packed a few gallons in bladders.

Any Fuel Tank that fits the 2011-2015 Ktm 250 sx-f *might* work. The issue with the smaller tanks is the drop down sections may hit the motor.

I actually made the 275 miles without needing the fuel from the bladder, as it was a higher speed section and the bike gets excellent fuel economy in this situation.

Old 03-13-2018, 11:02 AM   #373

Isn't that a KTM copied frame? It would be interesting to see if the KTM bearing would fit, although instantly making it 10 times the price of an online bearing wholesaler.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 03-13-2018, 11:28 AM   #374

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Isn't that a KTM copied frame? It would be interesting to see if the KTM bearing would fit, although instantly making it 10 times the price of an online bearing wholesaler.
The KTM bearings do fit, but the rest of the kit (seals, spacers, etc) does not.

Expensive lesson.

I found the correct Kayo bearings and will post the part number when they arrive.

Old 03-13-2018, 12:46 PM   #375

On a whole different note, I'm glad to see PP come back with a pretty cool bike that seems well-built. After the PP 400 debacle, many companies would have thrown in the proverbial towel.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Tags
efi, fuel injection, lxr250, pitster