Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2023, 07:53 AM   #3301

More suspension bits for the Lexus. Damn near fully adjustable rear end, now. And almost everything all new for the front with high-performance bushings.

And a Jensen CAR710W head unit and backup camera for the PT Cruiser along with some new speakers. Had to modernize the ol girl. lol. Once the f150 is up a going again, the cruiser will either go up for sale, or I'll give it to my friend that I was gonna play financier for.

Old 01-04-2023, 07:00 PM   #3302

Been getting bashed by storms here so I got up early and ran to town before the feces struck the fan. Groceries, Lowes, Staples, etc. Paid just under $10.00 for an 18 pack of eggs today. Volcano Joe, our local egg guy, closed up his egg business last month after 25 years. We're all thinking about getting him a new batch of hens.....whether he likes it or not.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 01-04-2023, 07:03 PM   #3303

A bottle of Lot 40 rye whiskey for my son in laws' 40th birthday.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 01-05-2023, 01:01 AM   #3304

I chat with a small sip of Mr. Seagram's most evenings, over a game of dominoes with Mrs. 2LZ. Makes for low blood pressure.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 01-05-2023, 02:41 PM   #3305

Bought 2 bottles of bourbon. My favorite Elijah Craig and a big bottle of Evan Williams.

2016 Magician 250

Old 01-07-2023, 09:07 PM   #3306

A hecking huge metric tap and die kit... Because the paper instructions for my big brake adapters said I had to tap a hole bigger. Didn't have that on the freaking Internet instructions.

Harbor Freight was sold out of the meeting kit that had M14. Lowe's was a joke, but I got tin snips and two more kobalt batteries. Had to make the 45 minute drive into Savannah to go to northern tools. Thankfully, they had the kit. Sun was down by the time I got home.

Old 01-07-2023, 10:02 PM   #3307

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkon45 View Post
A hecking huge metric tap and die kit... Because the paper instructions for my big brake adapters said I had to tap a hole bigger. Didn't have that on the freaking Internet instructions.

Harbor Freight was sold out of the meeting kit that had M14. Lowe's was a joke, but I got tin snips and two more kobalt batteries. Had to make the 45 minute drive into Savannah to go to northern tools. Thankfully, they had the kit. Sun was down by the time I got home.
You could have driven to Beaufort. They have taps up to M25 that no one there knows how to use. But yeah, whenever I needed a real HS tap, it was drive to Savannah or wait 3 days for a better HS tap from Mcmaster.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 01-07-2023, 10:35 PM   #3308

Bought a metal tank. It showed up. It's not BSA Nutley Blue, nor is it BSA Ivory. So....I bought the correct paint. I'll redo it myself F-em'.....

I must admit, the fiberglass tank weighs NOTHING....but can't do our crap fuel here. I always thought these Brit bikes were heavy, just due to age and technology. It's amazing, for a 1967 how unbelievably light the bike is. It's like pushing a bicycle up onto my lift. I'll have to take it to our local dump and weigh it on their scale. I'd bet it weighs less than my DRZ.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tank1.jpg (55.6 KB, 40 views)

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 01-09-2023, 03:38 PM   #3309

A whole bunch of stuff at Menard's annual "If it fits in the bag, it's 15% off. Even clearance stuff" sale. Mini bench grinder, hacksaw blades, canning lids, baggies, 60 psi back mount gauge, peg board, angle stock, wood screws.

The angle stock and peg board didn't fit in the bag but everything else did.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 01-09-2023, 08:08 PM   #3310

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
More bike stuff today... a no name 11 spd chain from amazon, a 203mm and a 160 mm floating rotor (found the 160 for $5 at a "bin store" aka amazon returns flustercuck, and had to get the matching 203 for the front of the mtb), a longer stem for the road bike (also from the bin store for $5), and dug out a pair of factory fog lights for the ole scubaru from the local pick n pull for $18
So.... learned my lesson last week on the amazon chain..... not worth the price...

Got the rear mech dialled in and went for a quick pedal around the block... first hard kick to cross the road, chain snapped (not the quick link, the actual chain pin sheared the ends off ) and threw me and my bike into a stop sign post.... cracked a rib, separated a kneecap partially, scraped the crap outta the brand new deore derailleur, fubar'd the right grip, and put a big gouge in the stem.... not worth it.... still cant breathe right a week later due to the rib... finally starting to walk normal again...

Old 01-10-2023, 08:32 AM   #3311

Quote:
So.... learned my lesson last week on the amazon chain..... not worth the price...

Got the rear mech dialled in and went for a quick pedal around the block... first hard kick to cross the road, chain snapped (not the quick link, the actual chain pin sheared the ends off ) and threw me and my bike into a stop sign post.... cracked a rib, separated a kneecap partially, scraped the crap outta the brand new deore derailleur, fubar'd the right grip, and put a big gouge in the stem.... not worth it.... still cant breathe right a week later due to the rib... finally starting to walk normal again...
Ouch!

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 01-10-2023, 10:33 AM   #3312

Quote:
all the stuff to take my MTB out of the dark ages and convert from 2x8 to 1x11 gearing... found a 11-42 cassette at a "bin store" (amazon returns mostly) for $3 that sparked the idea, then grabbed a deore m5100 shifter and rd5100 derailleur off ebay... still not converted away from those pesky 26" rims though...LOL

Not quite sure of what some of that means just yet, But i have been giving some thought to doing some changes to the Supercycle XTI i bought during the summer. Mainly looking at the idea of converting to a single crank sprocket as well as swapping on a disk brake front fork set since the wheels that came with it were disk brake wheels and i still have the rotor on the rear wheel. This may just end up being the bike i convert to electric as having the rear disk brake hub on that wheel opens up the idea of getting one of the conversion sprockets that bolt up to it rather then dealing with the clamp system a lot of them use. The front disk conversion will help a lot with that in terms of increased stopping power. But that said...since im converting the front crank set to single sprocket...that does open up the idea of using a mid drive system as well. Ideas ideas..lol

Anyway as for me this was yesterday mind you:

Renewed insurance on the van since truck is down, This lack of heat thing in the van sucks though...yea i know i bought parts to fix that...however It was not the fan motor like we thought, It was the resistor...ordered one in...well exchanged the motor i ordered for it but have yet to send it back. If i don't send it back by the 24th they will charge me the difference from the exchange. And truthfully i am leaning more towards this idea rather then ordering a new motor again if it turns out it did die after we got it all back together....Yea..lost heat literally 10 minutes after spending hours on reassembly. I think that the switch in the dash died...Cue tearing out the ashtray, cupholder and storage cubby...all of which will NOT be going back in to the dash. Which leads me to my next item...

A piece of sheet metal to make a new filler panel where the above items went. This will serve as a base for a new switch panel. I am currently debating how far down the panel will go as i kind of want to leave the bottom open for a couple reasons. One to give me easier access to wiring in the future and 2 give me space to mount a dual lighter socket assembly roughly where the cubby once was and still clear the lid of the onboard fridge. I will prob start a thread on this van later today to further explain the above.

Onward to the next items:

A new trans vacuum modulator for the truck to see if this solves the leak. We suspect it isn't as much of a leak as it is a failed diaphragm in the modulator allowing fluid to pass through to both leak to the ground and be sucked up into the engine. Which would explain why the thing is going through 3L of ATF every 5 days...

and finally i took the trucks starter in to be rebuilt as this was the reason its down in the first place. The solenoid failed and we broke some internal wiring when we tried to retrofit one from a Chevy starter. Which on paper should have worked other then the fact that the one on the Olds starter was the long one and the Chevy one was the short one with the extension. It was due to that extension that we broke the wiring from trying to modify the connecting bar from the internal wiring to solenoid to work with said extension.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 01-10-2023, 06:38 PM   #3313

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
Ouch!
You can see theres still part of the pin lodged in the hole of the outer plate now that i look at it.... the rest of the pin ins MIA....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20230110_183352.jpg (1.52 MB, 11 views)

Old 01-10-2023, 07:06 PM   #3314

Quote:
You can see theres still part of the pin lodged in the hole of the outer plate now that i look at it.... the rest of the pin ins MIA....
Wow. I've seen chains break before, but not like that.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 01-11-2023, 06:42 AM   #3315

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
Wow. I've seen chains break before, but not like that.
I have had pins loosen up and slide out of a link, causing it to bend open, i have had side plates crack and break, but never this....