Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2011, 09:33 AM   #16

I don't know if this would be the correct size for your engine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OIL-D...8#ht_500wt_975

Old 08-20-2011, 12:05 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman4dx266
Its similar to that site written in chinese showing the cg125, except that mine is not electric start. Other than that it looks like it. Who makes it? And by parts I meant small things for example I need the potmetal nut that goes on and covers the oil filter screen and spring on the shifter side of the engine.
Now I think I understand what you're asking. Look at it like a PC; who actually makes the components inside? A better question is who cares? What matters is compatibility and availability.

What I mean is that several of us have China bikes / ATV's that have some sort of brand name, but that name has little (or nothing) to do with the actual manufacturer. In your case, an oil filter, sping and cap from a pre-'84 Honda XR250R will fall into place (as will several others; Honda used that specific setup on several models).

The bottom line is that your engine is an over-bored copy of a kickstart-only Honda CG125. The rest of the bike is what it is, and you'll have little trouble finding replacement plastics, controls, tank, seat, bearings, etc.

Here's the fiche that details your engine, but with a smaller bore: CG125 1993

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-20-2011, 05:48 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
gman4dx266, if the bottom end would accept a larger cylinder, you could bolt on a top end that's intended for a 250 with a 67mm bore. With your existing crank, that would take you up to 175cc. I'm not sure if your existing cylinder head would bolt on, but they're cheap enough on eBay. Here's what I mean: Dirt Pit Bike Motor Cylinder Piston Ring Parts 250cc

FWIW, a pushrod engine that is advertised as 250 is actually closer to 230. It's my guess that a 200 or 230 pushrod (CG125 clone) would be a bolt-in deal in your bike. I recently picked up a beat 230cc China bike and transplanted the engine into an old XR200R with no trouble.

There's a ton of support for your engine on eBay, no matter which way you choose to go.

so that cylinder fit our beast motor and make it a 230cc ??? if only i can add a 5 gear to my beast motor
\
YTX14-BS battery mod,gy6 carb 250cc,custom intake,125cc cf dirtbike muffler,MPR filter/intake,performance cdi,ngk iridium xi dpr8eix-9,performance coil pack and wire, pro taper handle bar, Gio air shocks, yam swing arm bus

Old 08-20-2011, 10:05 PM   #19

Quote:
At least Kymco don't lies, their over-bored or not (56.5 /58.5 / 62mm) shares the SAME service manual http://picasaweb.google.com/iondogck/12502

Old 08-21-2011, 01:58 PM   #20

That is the nut i need. I didn't need the spring or the filter screen behind it, but was wondering what i would look up on the parts sites IF i needed a new one. I will also need a new dipstick as I get to looking at it; the top part that screws it down in to the transmission/engine has a crack in it. Thanks yall!

Old 08-21-2011, 02:06 PM   #21

Quote:
Quote:
Its similar to that site written in chinese showing the cg125, except that mine is not electric start. Other than that it looks like it. Who makes it? And by parts I meant small things for example I need the potmetal nut that goes on and covers the oil filter screen and spring on the shifter side of the engine.
Now I think I understand what you're asking. Look at it like a PC; who actually makes the components inside? A better question is who cares? What matters is compatibility and availability.

What I mean is that several of us have China bikes / ATV's that have some sort of brand name, but that name has little (or nothing) to do with the actual manufacturer. In your case, an oil filter, sping and cap from a pre-'84 Honda XR250R will fall into place (as will several others; Honda used that specific setup on several models).

The bottom line is that your engine is an over-bored copy of a kickstart-only Honda CG125. The rest of the bike is what it is, and you'll have little trouble finding replacement plastics, controls, tank, seat, bearings, etc.

I didn't even see this message until now! Thank you, I just figured knowing a name or something would help in looking for parts. that site is very good info

Old 08-21-2011, 06:05 PM   #22

Quote:

That is the nut i need. I didn't need the spring or the filter screen behind it, but was wondering what i would look up on the parts sites IF i needed a new one. I will also need a new dipstick as I get to looking at it; the top part that screws it down in to the transmission/engine has a crack in it. Thanks yall!
If it was me, I would order the set that katoranger found. At $7.99 and free shipping, it looks like a good deal if it fits.

Here's another;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GY6-1...item3f0cb5ce1f

Dang if those plugs don't look like the filler caps for my Magna. Here's picture from a website.

I found out the hard way that the metal is very thin and cracks easily.

Old 08-21-2011, 08:24 PM   #23

I guess that's what the previous owner found out. Haha I siliconed it up with some permatex...slathered it all over the oring and the area the oring seats into on that nut/plug. No leaks there. Now I have to replace the oil drain plug gasket on the bottom. That's no problem at all though.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:17 PM   #24

I cracked mine too. Repaired it with JB Weld.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:21 PM   #25

I was going to try that, but I didnt feel that it would do very well, given the crack goes about 2/3 of the way around the flange of the nut. For as cheap as the thing is, I'll just buy a new one. It's not worth risking having my silicone blow out from around the nut and have a massive oil leak. Ive put a new rubber oil plug gasket on the bottom nut and that solved that problem. I appreciate ALL the help from everyone who has chimed in! Thanks a ton!

Weldangrind: You mentioned in that one post about having little trouble finding parts for the rest of the bike: Assume I need replacement front disc brake pads or rotor, where do I go for that??

Old 08-23-2011, 11:44 PM   #26

eBay. I have the best luck when I search for generic terms like "dirt bike brake". I then choose Buy it Now, and filter starting with least expensive (I am a China Rider, after all). Remove your brake pad so you can compare it with the eBay pics, and you'll find a winner. Same with the rotor.

Remember that most of the China dirt bike / atv stuff is posted by non-technical people (or so it would seem), hence the generic search criteria.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-24-2011, 12:20 PM   #27

Mine wasn't that bad. It held for over 7000 miles and still holding, but now in TX.

Weld, I do the same on ebay.