Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2011, 12:07 PM   #16

I fixed it for you Brian. If you past the link without the img tag, it will format properly.

Thanks for the pics. The new tires look great. 8)

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-10-2011, 04:54 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmc
Quote:
but to be honest for a price of 200 - 400 i could just go buy a motor less yamaha warrior 350 frame
Sure, there are a lot of different things we can do but that's not the point for me. It is the hobby of building and modifying something. And to be clear, I'm no engineer, I'm a technologist that enjoys anything with 4 wheels and an engine that allows me to 'tinker' with it.

Well here are a few pics, Everything still needs to be cleaned up, primed, bolts torqued, etc.. but you get the idea. I may add some additional strenght to the little mounting brackets there as I'm not sure what kind of force it will be dealing with.

Oh, and the part that stinks is I only have one hub that I made all this for and the other is backordered for 2-3 weeks. So I won't really know how well this works for a while.

http://bmcphoto.shutterfly.com/pictures/11

http://bmcphoto.shutterfly.com/pictures/10

Picture of larger tires (22 rear 23 front)

http://bmcphoto.shutterfly.com/pictures/9

-Brian
thats cool man, i ment no disrespect by anything i said. it truely does take a lot to set out to no mans land doing a front disc brake setup.. as a matter of fact you could make some money selling kits that are ready to bolt on. i havent decided if im going to do a frame swap or something like what you did. but it would deff be something id be interested in buying should i decide to stay with my frame now and not swap to a name brand..

Old 04-12-2011, 10:30 PM   #18

Quote:
thats cool man, i ment no disrespect by anything i said
Hey, none taken. Just figured I would explain myself a bit.

Do you guys think it looks ok? I can't wait to get the second hub so that I can try it out and make any adjustments needed. Plus, I use that atv for my around the yard work stuff and miss it as it has been up on the jack stands for a while now.

I also made a couple more purchases for it. I'll start a new thread for it once the parts arrive. It has something to do with EFI and a turbo. Should be a fun project and I'm sure people will ask why. It's not that I'm trying to make it as fast as my Honda trx400ex or anything, but to enjoy the technical challenge of getting it all to work. Won't end up running a lot of psi, but just enough to give her a little kick. Excited...

Old 04-13-2011, 12:16 AM   #19

I think it looks good, Brian. 8)

I've toyed with the idea of experimenting with a turbo, but I'm a little concerned about heat. The vids of turbos on Briggs and Stratton engines on youtube are hilarious!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-13-2011, 01:45 AM   #20

could you do a simple list of what components you bought and where you bought them from ?

like a shopping list of sorts, so when some one like myself considers doing this upgrade they know exactly where to find the parts and most importantly the correct parts..

also that thing between the hub and the rotor is that just a wheel spacer to push the hub out ?