Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2009, 11:07 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealWorld
I have enjoyed this review and appreciate your knowledge and input.

Where is a good place to buy one and what is a good price?
Are you shopping for a Zong, or one of the other bikes? :?:

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-21-2009, 11:17 PM   #17

I consider myself to be a smart shopper and think the Zong is the way to go.

Old 06-21-2009, 11:31 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealWorld
I consider myself to be a smart shopper and think the Zong is the way to go.
Since you are looking for a Zong, I would first suggest that you send a couple of private messages to Phil and DesertRider. Phil is a Zong dealer, and a frequent contributor to theses forums. DesertRider is another member who just scored a great deal on a new Zong; perhaps you can duplicate his success.

I would also suggest you check Craigslist. I got my Zong for $950 from an importer who advertised in the Seattle Craigslist.

Finally, search the Internet for Zongshen dealers. Perhaps you will find a dealer near you, and you can save on shipping costs. Good luck, and please let us know how things turn out!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-21-2009, 11:55 PM   #19

Thanks for the reply, and I will be taking a slow approach on this but I will keep you posted.

Old 06-21-2009, 11:57 PM   #20

Just keep in mind with the Zong you have limited tire choices from what I've been reading... (I have no first hand experience).

Old 06-22-2009, 12:06 AM   #21

I will be on the road most of the time. I always enjoy your thoughts Jim, what would you do for a new bike if you were looking for a duel purpose?

Old 06-22-2009, 12:36 AM   #22

I guess it would depend on money... If money wasn't an issue (or enough money to buy any Chinese bike that is), I would probably go with the Qingqi super moto.

I have never seen a Zong in person, and can't compare prices really well because prices here seem to be higher then most people are paying in the USA, or at least, the prices they were paying. I did however think they always looked like a great bike. I never ordered a bike off the internet, I always dealt locally and shopped around with the local dealers. Loncin were some really good looking machines (on par with the Qingqi), only with a little higher price ($3200 ish Canadian). Saga bikes, on the other hand, while having a similar price to the Loncin, seemed more on par with my Lifan (not to put it down, but in my mind it just doesn't seem to be worth as much). That said, the price on my Lifan was nowhere near the price of the Saga, Loncin, or Qlink. Coast to Coast Motorsports is no longer selling Lifan motorcycles from what I understand, they've moved on to larger Zingyue 400 bikes, which are out of my price range, and frankly not what I would be looking for in a Chinese bike. I would really like a nice light super moto. With Coast to Coast that leaves me with X-Rage, as a Lifan dealer... I *think*. I cannot verify that... Their gy bikes are listed as "Lifan Style"... They are not the counter balanced engine, but the prices are even lower then the deal I got from Coast to Coast (not that I didn't get an excellent deal), the bike from Coast to Coast was better, with the upgraded engine, and a few better options. I haven't heard a lot about X-Rage either way. They are some of the best prices I have seen locally however. I would seriously look at Gio if they had any street legal bikes, they seem to be rock bottom pricing, especially with the auctions. Plus they are local to my area (even though they still won't allow local pickup).

Everyone has a different set of wants and needs for the bike they ride... One of the most common I think that binds us together as China Riders of course is price... Otherwise we'd likely be riding Japanese bikes... I was pretty confident with the Lifan after reading about them here, that, and knowing parts for these are also pretty cheap, I am always more then willing to sacrifice warranty for a reduction in cost. That's just me though, everyone has to choose what they need (and whether or not they can get it). I enjoyed getting my bike in a crate and assembling it, saving a few bucks there also. I wanted a light bike, that was easy to work on, and not too obscure in case I needed parts. Most of these bikes are pretty similar anyways though.

Like I said before though, I only have first hand experience with the local market, dealers, and distributors in the lower mainland of British Columbia. I really just want one of everything :twisted:

I was actually really looking forward to getting my hands on the Lifan 250gy7 liquid cooled super moto, but AL decided not to go ahead with it, and Coast to Coast also wound up not getting it before they switched to Xingyue... Though, I've been trying to get Shaun to send me the one they had for testing :twisted:

With the Zong, stick with Spud and Phil, they'll help you out

What was the bike Sam had that he had a hard time with?

Old 06-22-2009, 12:55 AM   #23

I like the most reliable bike at the best price. I do feel reliability is important, and I am amazed at the overall reliability of these bikes in general.

I will do some additional research on the info you have given me. Thanks a bunch. I have a long day tomorrow and so I am going to bed.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:04 AM   #24

Sorry yes, reliability is important too, that's what I meant about having read about the Lifan's prior to buying them, and also part of why I was willing to skimp on the warranty, I had heard the motors were pretty bullet proof...

Have a good evening.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:23 AM   #25

u can buy 1 from the uk lol
over here a learner licence only goes up to 125cc and your stuck with that till your 21 :roll: damn nanny state
so a zong 200 costs around £600 pounds here (around $1000 i think)
see its not all that bad to live on a small bankrupt rock in the atlantic ocian.
now itspity it'll cost 700 again to ship it
:roll: ohh well i tried lol