Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2009, 01:44 PM   #16

Yes I have used it some pretty tough and rutted trails with no steering issues. It generaly tracks well but it will sometimes severly bump steer at low speeds, enough to scare 3 different riders who used it. I should mention the suspension is useless but I should check the pressure, if the reservoirs are real. My sons ATA-125H is way more comfortable ride.

I had to adjust the chain twice as it seems to be made of elastics but it held nice with no issues after the 2nd and last adjustment I made.

A new set of shocks are definately a good idea and I would put more time into it but I am renovating my house that is for sale and I have very little time to spend on it. I will report more when I get back.

Overall I still like the machine and feel it was a great value, it just needs some attention and going over to work out the kinks.

Old 07-20-2009, 03:32 PM   #17

There could be an issue with the steering shaft; I modified both of our quads for this reason.

On our quads, the steering shaft is all external, except for a plastic clamshell bearing near the top and a tube that acts as a bushing at the bottom. The bottom of the steering shaft is inserted through the tube, and then a castle nut and cotter pin secure the whole deal. on our machines, the cotter pin hole was too low to capture the castle nut. The simple solution was to stack stainless washers until the nut lined up with the hole. Otherwise, there is nothing preventing the nut from loosening. I also drilled and tapped the tube to accept a zerk on the 200 (the 150 already had one). I also dismantled the clamshell bearing to find that both o-rings were cut. I removed the handlebars, rolled new o-rings over the handlebar mount and down the steering shaft to the clamshell. I gave 'em a liberal coat of grease and reassembled the whole deal. The steering slop was gone. A box of assorted o-rings can be found at Princess Auto or Harbor Freight for cheap.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-23-2009, 07:29 AM   #18

I've been looking at this 250 or the 150 model, having a hard time locating any around me though. May I ask where you purchased yours?

Thanks.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:48 AM   #19

There are a few local dealers in the Montreal area and I purchased mine at Mini Moto Depot from Gino. He is by far the nicest of the 3 dealers I spoke to. The others treated me as if I was lucky to speak to them.

Seeing as I don't know where you are I don't know if this will be useful.

Old 07-23-2009, 05:01 PM   #20

Thanks, I live in Alberta but the closest place here wants $1899+gst box price for one and doesn't seem too friendly. :?

Old 07-23-2009, 08:23 PM   #21

mini moto depot can get it to your door for about 1500.00. That's what I paid.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:42 PM   #22

How is this one:

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ143449745

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...AdIdZ133422569

Old 07-23-2009, 09:03 PM   #23

Thanks, I'll check them out.
I guess they don't have a website though? Have to call them I guess.

^ That Kuzma doesn't look too bad. Not sure if it's worth an 8 hour drive there and back though lol.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:33 PM   #24

What city do you live in Alberta?

Old 07-23-2009, 11:39 PM   #25

Lethbridge.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:42 AM   #26

I purchased a new based on all the comments I heard about china ATV's in general. For a few hundren dollars more, why purchase someones elses issues.

I have seen several resellers on the forum, shipping could cost extra to some areas.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:55 AM   #27

There are some dealers who will drop ship so it does not have to be shipped to them then to you, thereby saving shipping. If you like Taotao you are in luck becasue taotao has 2 Canadian distribution warehouse, 1 on each coast.

Gio seems to have an East coast warehouse in Toronto and may have a west coast one as well. Others have Canadian warehouses as well. If there are no local dealers and you can find a dealer who is willing to drop ship it's easy money for them but be prepared for no service.

I still stand by Mini Moto Depot becasue he stocks so many parts and has been very straight with me so far. He even gave me free parts when I had issues. He also carries Gio's and some other brand.

Old 08-29-2009, 12:34 AM   #28

SASKATOON KIJIJI ..GIO ATVS AND ZSTAR ATVS

There is a guy in SASKATOON who sells Gio;s and the ZSTAR brand of atvs and other stuff... WWW.ZSTAR.COM They have 2 warehouses.. 1 in VANVCOUVER and 1 in TORONTO.. so parts are easy to get.. and they are the same basic parts as all the other makes of atvs... check out the SASKATOON KIJIJI SITE under ATV .. he has parts as well.. batterys $40.00 carbs $40.00 .. starters $45.00