Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2021, 12:07 PM   #16

I put my stimulus money in a savings account for my granddaughter, since she's the one that's going to be paying it back
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam
Nibbi PE30 and cone filter

Front fork brace

Old 01-29-2021, 03:02 PM   #17

If you buy a Brozz online, or with a phone call,....you will be buying it from Brozz250.com not from the Peace Sports web site....the prices on Peace Sports are dealer assembled suggested "retail prices". The current price for the Brozz 250 online is indeed $1950........and for that price, you not only get the Brozz 250,..you get excellent customer service included, parts availability, and real people-support.
2019 Brozz 250

Old 01-29-2021, 03:21 PM   #18

Excellent customer service indeed from Peace Sports.. i had the seemingly common issue of the bike not turning off with the key upon startup as well as an issue with a front signal dash light not functioning and got a call in to Jeff both times and he was quick to offer suggestions and help. Heck he even mentioned when i was originally purchasing the bike i asked about warranty for parts and he told me he once shipped out an entire new engine because the customer was having an issue that he wasnt able to solve after receiving a list of parts that didnt help. Sold the deal for me.

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 01-29-2021, 03:32 PM   #19

I'd wait for the Lifan X-pect 250 when it hits these shores later in the year....just not sure of the price at this time. May be more than 2k...but worth it, I'm sure.

olds_cool63
=======
Johnny Pag Pagsta (replaced 50cc engine with 110cc, modded-out)
2007 Tank Vision Topline Khaos (cosmetic mods, cherry-bombs)
2005 Kymco Vitality 50 2T (70cc big bore kit, other race mods...tops out at 67mph)
2008 Hyosung GT250 (cosmetic mods)
2001 Suzuki Bandit GFS1200S (cosmetic and slight mods...150mph+)

Old 01-29-2021, 06:41 PM   #20

MEGAmotormadness has them for $1949.95 w/shipping...but it says sold out.

Old 01-30-2021, 05:07 AM   #21

I would do the Orion RXB 150xl or 250.
Have a look see. Far more capable than a Hawk like bike.

Old 01-30-2021, 07:58 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSICKthirtysix View Post
I would do the Orion RXB 150xl or 250.
Have a look see. Far more capable than a Hawk like bike.
Definitely more capable off road. The Hawk-like bikes are much better on-road, which is kind of their point. Road bikes that can do some light off roading, not dirt bikes.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 01-30-2021, 10:06 AM   #23

Agree.. i looked at the Orion 250L initially as well but upon closer look the seat did not look comfortable and overall did not seem as good for street riding. And i'd give props to the Hawks/Brozz's etc of the world as being pretty capable off road, as long as jumping is not a requirement they can handle pretty much any trail/dirt riding you can throw at them.

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 01-30-2021, 10:59 AM   #24

Dual sport is compromise by definition. I think making a choice based upon the type of riding (street or off road) you most want to do or are likely to do will maximize your happiness with your selection. Then I think JerryHawk250 said, "these china bikes are so cheap, you can afford to own more than one." This might be a pretty good strategy from the get go.

Old 01-30-2021, 11:40 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Rider 27 View Post
Dual sport is compromise by definition. I think making a choice based upon the type of riding (street or off road) you most want to do or are likely to do will maximize your happiness with your selection. Then I think JerryHawk250 said, "these china bikes are so cheap, you can afford to own more than one." This might be a pretty good strategy from the get go.
Absolutely, and if I had more places to really do some proper off roading around here, I would own an RXB-250L along side my Hawk. The Hawk is fun for scooting around on trails and enjoying the scenery, or a little back road adventuring. The RXB is going to be far more fun in the real off roading stuff.

Personally, I think they could combine a Hawk and RXB and get the best of both worlds. Put a full subframe and big cushy seat with a 3 gallon tank on an RXB Chassis/Suspension, make it EPA legal, and charge 2k-2500and you would have a winner that sold like hot cakes.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 01-30-2021, 12:37 PM   #26

For $2000 I like that RXB 250 and if I had it to do all over again I might just buy that and make it work. These days I like more that RXB 150 for its trail riding capability but that loud muffler turns me off. That thing spells trail riding fun and I may own one someday just because of its portability. I think down the trail over a mountain, how do you get a 300 lb bike out? Shortly after I got my Hawk, I took it on some dedicated motorcycle trails in the mountains with a rock base and rough as hell and quickly realized, it ain't no "hardcore technical" trail bike and never will be! It is as you described "nice backroads sight seeing machine." That probably goes for all these bikes except maybe the RXB 250. Where you live and the type of riding you do is big.

Last edited by China Rider 27; 02-02-2021 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Error added "hardcore technical" to be clear

Old 01-30-2021, 01:33 PM   #27

The biggest (and really only) problem with the Orion RXB 250 is that they are not on the 2006 to Present EPA/FMVSS On-road certified motorcycles. That makes them a NO-GO here in Colorado (unless there's a member here that has had it registered!) Otherwise, it really is a good bike with an overhead cam, 249CC's, 2 gal gas, 21/18 tires and they claim a whopping 19.5 hp! $2099-free shipping from Orion.

Old 02-02-2021, 08:53 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Rider 27 View Post
For $2000 I like that RXB 250 and if I had it to do all over again I might just buy that and make it work. These days I like more that RXB 150 for its trail riding capability but that loud muffler turns me off. That thing spells trail riding fun and I may own one someday just because of its portability. I think down the trail over a mountain, how do you get a 300 lb bike out? Shortly after I got my Hawk, I took it on some dedicated motorcycle trails in the mountains with a rock base and rough as hell and quickly realized, it ain't no trail bike and never will be! It is as you described "nice backroads sight seeing machine." That probably goes for all these bikes except maybe the RXB 250. Where you live and the type of riding you do is big.
I think "trail bike" can be applied differently depending on where you live; out west in WA like you, your trails are probably a lot different than mine here in MI. Ours are mostly dirt and some sand, light mud when it's wet, all through boreal-like forests, old forest service roads that are overgrown, little two-tracks under and through power line routes.. stuff like that.

Here, the Hawk is an awesome choice to ride the road up north, pop into the forest on some trails, blast through the trees and dirt, a few whoops and dips, power slide in some shallow mud and pop back out on the other side back onto the road to head to the local bar/burger joint.

Old 02-02-2021, 02:06 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard_Cain View Post
I think "trail bike" can be applied differently depending on where you live; out west in WA like you, your trails are probably a lot different than mine here in MI. Ours are mostly dirt and some sand, light mud when it's wet, all through boreal-like forests, old forest service roads that are overgrown, little two-tracks under and through power line routes.. stuff like that.

Here, the Hawk is an awesome choice to ride the road up north, pop into the forest on some trails, blast through the trees and dirt, a few whoops and dips, power slide in some shallow mud and pop back out on the other side back onto the road to head to the local bar/burger joint.
Touche! Absolutely the HAWK is a trail bike, I failed to choose my words correctly and have modified my original post to say "hard core technical" trail bike. In no way was I trying to disparage the HAWK or any other chinese Enduro bike, I love mine and it is everything I expected or wanted it to be, but I have been on logging roads that were technically challenging! May the throttle always be down and the traction good! CG strong, ride hard!

Old 02-02-2021, 07:25 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard_Cain View Post
I think "trail bike" can be applied differently depending on where you live
We had a member here who dropped out but continued to post on YouTube who bought a Pitster Pro XTR 250 and rode with friends in the mountain one-tracks of Connecticut. His friends were semi-pro off-road racers, so he had some difficulty keeping up with them. My goodness the terrain they rode! I would get absolutely exhausted just watching his videos! I think on a couple of them, if it was me riding, I would have rather done a bunch of repairs around the house AND the laundry than ride on the trails he was riding on!! Since he doesn't post here, I keep forgetting to check in with him; I believe he upgraded his bike to a GPX something or another. The terrain he rides makes me appreciate the beach-like sand of Arizona...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard