Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2020, 12:09 PM   #16

Exhaust has always been a challenge for me, as well. Thd older I get, the more annoying it becomes with after market units. To me, the ebay exhaust was also too loud on our TT250, for any longish runs.
I have the FMF TC2 on Q, with a DB Dawg on the end. It's "acceptable" but I'd still like it quieter. The stock exhaust on it really squelches the mid-and top end. I thought of cutting the stocker open, gutting what's left of the cat and making it flow a little better. Something to do when I get some spare time.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 06-09-2020, 02:28 PM   #17

I guess I haven't quite reached the old age where things are too loud yet. I can understand it to some degree at least.

The type 496 Pro circuit exhaust does exactly what needs to be done in order to get a free flowing yet more quiet exhaust. Nothing will beat a straight through muffler for performance, but that also means at wider throttle positions more sound waves pass through the muffler, which starts to act like a straight pipe.

By giving more total area and volume, the muffler has a larger capacity to silence those waves before it begins to act as a straight pipe exhaust. The pipe diameter on their exhaust also increases at the mid pipe and then again at the muffler, spreading out the sound waves and reducing velocity, which gives the system a better chance to silence said waves.

The ebay system, by contrast, doesn't actually open up the pipe diameter very much, and is only a little bigger at the mid pipe and muffler than it is at the header. This means it maintains a higher pressure and velocity through the muffler, so it takes much less for it to get loud.

If the Pro Circuit system wasn't almost $400, I would gladly pick one up, but I still have a hard time spending that much on just an exhaust system lol.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 06-09-2020, 02:33 PM   #18

The aftermarket exhaust is packed up and being Sent out UPS to a new home.

I checked out JerryHawks post when he deleted the cat from his Hawk. I’m considering attempting this. But once it done I’m stuck with it. I know at times the heat from that cat is intense. I simply wanted a little more grunt and top end. Perhaps I’ll simply button her back up and live with it .

Old 06-09-2020, 02:39 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spins View Post
The aftermarket exhaust is packed up and being Sent out UPS to a new home.

I checked out JerryHawks post when he deleted the cat from his Hawk. I’m considering attempting this. But once it done I’m stuck with it. I know at times the heat from that cat is intense. I simply wanted a little more grunt and top end. Perhaps I’ll simply button her back up and live with it .
Believe me, the cat on the Hawk isn't going to make it any louder. That muffler is so baffled that you would be hard pressed to tell the difference.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 06-09-2020, 03:01 PM   #20

Dan, is there any benefits in deleting the cat from my Brozz while using the stock muffler? Except the heat load by my leg?
If it not worth doing I don’t want to waste my time.

Old 06-11-2020, 09:08 PM   #21

I reinstalled the stock exhaust and pollution equipment. I did grind out most of the restriction in the header. I left the snorkel out. I took it for a quick ride around the block. All seems good. I plan on changing out the main jet from the 115 to a 110 and see how she runs when I stretch her legs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 84456DF5-FDDE-4A1A-AD5A-00F23BF03334.jpg (15.0 KB, 257 views)

Old 06-16-2020, 09:59 PM   #22

Quote:
Well my Mikuni clone arrived yesterday. I left the 40 pilot jet and installed a 115 main. Turned the mixture screw out 1 3/4 turns . I left the needle clip in the center. In stalled the carb. With a Brozz you have to remove the rubber coupling attached to motor unlike the stock carb. The frame is in the way. See pic.

I install a free flowing exhaust and removed the snorkel on the airbox. Bike started easily and I adjusted the idle down to 1500 rpms once it was warm.
I tooled around slowing. Bike feel better but obnoxiously loud under power. Cruising around 35 indicated in 5th gear had a nice mellow exhaust note.

Everything seem ok so I took her on a full out run. Bike pulled better I saw 7500 rpms in 5th. But my emissions delete plug shot off and she became really loud . I limped home and saw the exhaust had changed colors and my rear reflector paid the price of my WOT run.

Well, I hate the exhaust. The stock unit is going back on. I’ll put it up for sale if anyone’s interested. $50 shipped.

Could use some help for tuning the new carb in stock form. Will the 40 pilot and 110 main be a good starting point? Florida here around 60-75 ft above sea level.
Should I leave the snorkel out?
Is you exhaust still forsale?

Old 06-16-2020, 10:15 PM   #23

Sold it
2022 GPX FSE 450R

Old 06-17-2020, 09:12 AM   #24

Quote:
Well my Mikuni clone arrived yesterday. I left the 40 pilot jet and installed a 115 main. Turned the mixture screw out 1 3/4 turns . I left the needle clip in the center. In stalled the carb. With a Brozz you have to remove the rubber coupling attached to motor unlike the stock carb. The frame is in the way. See pic.

I install a free flowing exhaust and removed the snorkel on the airbox. Bike started easily and I adjusted the idle down to 1500 rpms once it was warm.
I tooled around slowing. Bike feel better but obnoxiously loud under power. Cruising around 35 indicated in 5th gear had a nice mellow exhaust note.

Everything seem ok so I took her on a full out run. Bike pulled better I saw 7500 rpms in 5th. But my emissions delete plug shot off and she became really loud . I limped home and saw the exhaust had changed colors and my rear reflector paid the price of my WOT run.

Well, I hate the exhaust. The stock unit is going back on. I’ll put it up for sale if anyone’s interested. $50 shipped.

Could use some help for tuning the new carb in stock form. Will the 40 pilot and 110 main be a good starting point? Florida here around 60-75 ft above sea level.
Should I leave the snorkel out?
Do you still have your exhaust for sale?

Old 06-17-2020, 10:34 AM   #25

It’s sold guys .
2022 GPX FSE 450R